PDA

View Full Version : You can't make this stuff up...

luce
13-05-2011, 07:53 PM
Yes this is about city and I know i'm bias but would be tearing it out of any club who did this.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/12/manchester-city-bluffers-guide

Read that or get the over view of it. It's especially relevant in this forum since the other fans seem to make jokes at United for having many "glory supporters" but we have never had to publish a guide to tell them how to celebrate a goal (i'll come onto that later) and give them a history, or lack of history, of the club. It's just amusing how they're welcoming them and the loyal fans, who i do feel sorry for because your club is being turned into well i don't know, are being made to look stupid.

Yes you are bound to be attracting more support now, but there is no need to draw attention to it in that way.

Also on the theme of that goal celebration you have, which I think it quite cool and effective. The only problem I have, and i don't know if it's just the media or what, is that people seem to be claiming it's original when it's obviously not. Your fans brought it back from poland! I have been tweeted by many a city fan saying that it was from city when it's not. In fact your away fans mocked it in Poland and then a couple of weeks later were all jumping over wastelands arm in arm! The youtube video below shows this PLEASE NOTE BAD LANGUAGE FROM THE START DON'T WATCH IT IF IT'S LIKELY TO OFFEND YOU..
*Removed*

Neither of these are anything major, i just find it funny how United had thousands of glory supporters and then City get the slightest glimmer of glory to support and your website is practically handing them season tickets.

Edited by Catz (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post content that is inappropriate even with a warning. Thanks

Cwmbran
14-05-2011, 12:30 AM
Not meaning to offend any city supporter here so hold your horses after you read this and want to go on a rage.

City are just becoming a joke, and not a very good one. Next season half the players from this season would have lost their place in the team because they will have brough it even more money grabbing players. City you can buy quality but you cant buy chemistry. As for the whole glory supporter thing the clubs dont care who supports them, its only the fans that do but at the moment city don't have any glory. At the end of the day a fan is a fan and should be treated the same regardless of where they live or how they watch their favourite team.

Minstrels2.0
17-05-2011, 01:00 PM
...we have never had to publish a guide to tell them how to celebrate a goal (i'll come onto that later) and give them a history, or lack of history, of the club. It's just amusing how they're welcoming them
You do realise it's a sly dig it at Manchester United? It's a joke, a dig, or more commonly known as 'banter' nowadays. As you said, Manchester United get ridiculed by other fans for having fans who latch onto the club to fill a void in the lonely life they lead. We accept we'll no doubt attract a few of these in the coming years however our fans have always been proud of the way we can look at even the darkest days with a sense of humour. The article which was written on our website was nothing more than a dig at the team who play in red.

...who i do feel sorry for because your club is being turned into well i don't know, are being made to look stupid.
It's somewhat ironic claiming something is being made to look stupid when you're ranting about an article which you believe is taken seriously behind the scenes of the club. I'm proud of my club keeping it's roots, the roots which like I said before helped us tackle our darkest days. You don't need to look any further than the FA Cup final, on the day we won our first cup and moved into the fast lane to success and new fans our club still took the time to produce a humorous banner.

The only problem I have, and i don't know if it's just the media or what, is that people seem to be claiming it's original when it's obviously not.
I believe the clue is in the lyrics "let's all do the Poznań, let's all do the Poznań, na na na na". Do you know what a "Poznań" came from? It's a football club. A Polish football club we met in the Europa League called, surprise surprise, Lech Poznań! Now I don't know about you however I'd have a hard time keeping a straight face claiming we invented the celebration so please don't make up silly little tales to add to your rant, especially when in the same rant you branded something as "being made to look stupid".

In fact your away fans mocked it in Poland
Lucy, I thought you said you've been to COMS? Surely you should know the stadium in the video you posted was COMS?

City are just becoming a joke, and not a very good one.
I feel you ought to back up such claims with reasons as to why you feel this, please if you have the time reply with some bullet points.

Next season half the players from this season would have lost their place in the team because they will have brough it even more money grabbing players.
Please explain this. I can see us signing around three players this summer, if that. If Tevez stays then it'll be around two.

City you can buy quality but you cant buy chemistry.
Good job we have chemistry then eh? I presume you would happily retract your statement if you took a moment out of what I'm sure is a very hectic lifestyle and viewed the celebration videos on the MCFC website.

I must admit, I do miss Clowgon's rants. His were somewhat comical.

JackBuddy
18-05-2011, 11:40 PM
City are one of the most fan friendly clubs in the league IMO, some of their website content and behind the scenes cameras are fantastic. The Poznan though is a tad smalltime, especially if there are 10,000 empty seats in the COMS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjDwa3HGjrE&feature=related

There is a certain arrogance around Manchester City at the moment, but it's hard to blame the fans when they have been living in the shadow of United for the past 25 years (even you have to admit that, Minstrels) and have been up and down the divisions. The club obviously has a good future ahead of it and is beginning to enjoy a relative amount of success.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!