PDA

View Full Version : Exams

-Heart
17-05-2011, 05:26 PM
Thought we could have a thread about upcoming exams, including the days of panic leading up to them.

Got my GCSEs over the next month or so, had my Drama exam today - went really well I think, hopefully on course for an A*/A to add to my A* in English Language and my B in I.T which I got last year. How about everyone else?

Bailey
17-05-2011, 06:35 PM
AQA English Paper 1 went well, even though I managed to write a 1 page and a 1/2 about the wrong item so had to re-do it all.

French listening was horrible, but then everyone found it hard. People are predicting the A* boundary will be 25/26 which is very low so will hopefully get the A* :)

Nemo
17-05-2011, 06:50 PM
Got my a levels

Got my first 2 tomoro, final one is june 20th (yup a whole month of a levels mmmmmmmmmmmmm).
Just need to get this week and next week out of the way and im pretty much sorted. Got 11 exams overall, hoping to get A/90% in all of them but not sure if thats gonna happen :P

Rozi
17-05-2011, 06:56 PM
Got my AS's wooo yay

had my first History one today
got my other on thursday

then I have one on monday which is english
then I have psychology retake on wed

then I have half term and then the week we get back I have my final psychology one

Mathew
17-05-2011, 07:02 PM
omg I remember you did Psychology Unit 1 at the same time as me in January too. How did you do? I got A (80 UMS) but I'm also resitting it on Wednesday to try and get more. Doubt I will though because I haven't started revising it again yet! :(

then I have half term and then the week we get back I have my final psychology one

I have AS Sociology tomorrow and Friday. Literature on Monday, Psychology Resit on Wednesday...
Then English Language, Psychology Unit 2 and Critical Thinking after the holidays! :P

Shar
17-05-2011, 07:03 PM
I had my media exam today, it went so bad.

Politics retake on Monday and then Politics and Psychology unit 2 on 7th June :|
fun times..

Rozi
17-05-2011, 07:05 PM
ooooo get you, I got a C D:

still puzzled as to why but just doing loads of past papers ahaha

Mathew
17-05-2011, 07:07 PM
ooo, good luck then! Knowing me I'll probably start revising for Psychology resit on Monday night, crapping myself about Literature first tbh!! :(

ben
17-05-2011, 07:36 PM
I had my media exam today, it went so bad.

Politics retake on Monday and then Politics and Psychology unit 2 on 7th June :|
fun times..

What exam board? A girl in one of my a2 classes came back and said it was good, what questions were there I took it twice last year

---------- Post added 17-05-2011 at 08:38 PM ----------

my exams start 7th june till 21st

Rozi
17-05-2011, 07:47 PM
ooo, good luck then! Knowing me I'll probably start revising for Psychology resit on Monday night, crapping myself about Literature first tbh!! :(

Oooo no, don't wanna sound like a geek but I'm quite looking forward to literature! Do you do Carol Ann Duffy?

Shar
17-05-2011, 07:48 PM
What exam board? A girl in one of my a2 classes came back and said it was good, what questions were there I took it twice last year

---------- Post added 17-05-2011 at 08:38 PM ----------

my exams start 7th june till 21st
I'm doing AS and its WJEC. I think I've got a C at least which would mean I have a B/C overall because my coursework was an A. I really wanted an A though :(

Circadia
17-05-2011, 07:59 PM
I've got a whole 2 years left of doing exams that are scattered about, then my main ones in may and june in 2013 :3 but today i had my re exam and i didn't know the meaning of a word and i was pretty miffed :l I didn't know what secular mean because we hadn't done it in class since our teacher went on maternity leave :l Anyway good luck to any Year 11s or people taking there A levels :)

Mathew
17-05-2011, 08:01 PM
Oooo no, don't wanna sound like a geek but I'm quite looking forward to literature! Do you do Carol Ann Duffy?
Nope, Christina Rossetti and The Great Gatsby. I don't have high hopes for Literature at all! :'(

Red
17-05-2011, 08:02 PM
had a group presentation/portfolio hand in and essay to do for friday. it was basically 4 months of work.

have an exam on fri on the american south 1865-1980
and exam on tue on Europe between the wars.
pretty screwed for them lmao

chantellehugs
17-05-2011, 08:14 PM
I had my R.E one today, 2 hours of sitting there just writing! I'm pretty pleased with the outcome though, I revised everything that came up so I'm just hoping for the best.
I have 7 left now!

Rozi
17-05-2011, 08:19 PM
Nope, Christina Rossetti and The Great Gatsby. I don't have high hopes for Literature at all! :'(

oh I'm well jelly, we have such boring set texts :| fgs we did The Colour Purple! It's so **** it's unbelievable. Thank god we only had to do coursework on it.

I quite like Carol Ann Duffy though, but she doesn't half moan.

-Heart
17-05-2011, 09:10 PM
Got my AS's wooo yay

had my first History one today
got my other on thursday

My babygirl is growing up. <3

Ajthedragon
17-05-2011, 09:44 PM
The English one on Monday wasn't too bad. Dreading writing about poems though. :(

Recursion
18-05-2011, 07:20 AM
I'm doing AS and its WJEC. I think I've got a C at least which would mean I have a B/C overall because my coursework was an A. I really wanted an A though :(

Ouch, our school moved to WJEC, got terrible results, moved back to AQA, results shot back up!

Got my A2 exams this month, I have two AS Theology (Ethics/New Testament) resits a week on Thursday, then two A2 Theology, two A2 Geography and one A2 English Lit in the week after halfterm.

I only need CDD so hopefully I'm pretty much set to go to Loughborough haha :)

Chippiewill
18-05-2011, 10:32 AM
Got my GCSEs right now, already done all but one of my French exams, did one English exam monday, another in two hours and had classics this morning. Then I'll have science, more english and more classics over the next week.

Mathew
18-05-2011, 11:07 AM
Did my Sociology Unit 1 this morning. I thought "oh nvm femenism won't come up cos it's only a smaller theory" and it turns out half the marks were dedicated to that... so we'll see. :P Think I probably got a B ish but hopefully I can raise it on Unit 2 on Friday which holds more marks. :)

Hecktix
18-05-2011, 11:57 AM
I have just completed my 7th out of 8 exam for my first year of Uni, very tired!

GirlNextDoor15
18-05-2011, 12:09 PM
First, I hate exams because it's like forcing us to study. :p
Second, I just had my exams a couple of days ago and it sucks badly.
Third, I got a C for my Chemistry and I'm interested to know how I failed my Biology and Calculus. Nah. Joking. I did quite well in Calculus. :p

Mr-Trainor
19-05-2011, 07:44 AM
I have my GCSEs which end 28th June.

So far I've had:
- English Language (Craft of the writer) Edexcel
- Engineering AQA
- English Language (Unseen Media) Edexcel

Engineering didn't go great for anyone but English wasn't too bad for me :).

Next week I have English Literature and RE(Ethics) :(.

-Heart
20-05-2011, 02:39 PM
Biology exam didn't go all too well today as expected, a bit annoyed about it but I revised like **** so there's nothing more I could do really.

4 exams next week. Oh joy.

dbgtz
20-05-2011, 05:34 PM
I had my biology yesterday which was quite easy considering how much I missed school. I still fear chemistry and physics as theyre probably harder, probably gonna do intense revision tomorrow for them, next wednesday chemistry, then friday is physics (which hopefully half of it is equation solving :D).

I too share 4 exams next week, PE theory, the 2 sciences and english literature (unless I am forgetting something). After that chunk though it's just my maths exams left which should hopefully be easy, just need to be more aware of how to do additional maths.

-Heart
20-05-2011, 07:59 PM
I had my biology yesterday which was quite easy considering how much I missed school. I still fear chemistry and physics as theyre probably harder, probably gonna do intense revision tomorrow for them, next wednesday chemistry, then friday is physics (which hopefully half of it is equation solving :D).

I too share 4 exams next week, PE theory, the 2 sciences and english literature (unless I am forgetting something). After that chunk though it's just my maths exams left which should hopefully be easy, just need to be more aware of how to do additional maths.
Pretty sure our exams are on exactly the same days mate haha, do you not have an RE exam on Monday too?

Nemo
20-05-2011, 08:05 PM
Had my further maths exam today. Was absolutely ******** it since i'd missed a lot of lessons and was pretty behind. Not to mention i didnt feel that i'd worked nearly enough, oh and its by far my hardest exam. Anyway, i get into the exam and oh my god i blasted through that paper. Absolutely smacked it, i was so happy. As far as i can tell i got more than 90%. Was stupid happy when i came out

Red
20-05-2011, 08:18 PM
worst exam of my life today.
they left 3/4 of the module out.
I learnt 5 topics and 1 came up and all were worded so hard. ;/
pretty peeved off cause I couldn't of been more prepared and it was all a waste.

Jordan
20-05-2011, 09:04 PM
I don't know the dates but I have, 2 history, 2 science, 1 maths and a geography coming up in june. Just had citizenship though!

Shar
21-05-2011, 11:37 AM
I have an exam on Monday and then two on the same day 2 weeks after..really dreading these :'(

Ellz
21-05-2011, 12:01 PM
My Enlgish Language papers went well, hopefully i can get a C
Had a Guidance exam, pretty poinless tbh
Also had a biology exam which was rather hard so hopefully i can get a decent grade :)

dbgtz
21-05-2011, 02:16 PM
Pretty sure our exams are on exactly the same days mate haha, do you not have an RE exam on Monday too?

na didnt take RE :D What are your exam boards?

Conservative,
21-05-2011, 02:37 PM
Sudden surge of coursework thrown at me...I have English Controlled Assessment on Tuesday/Wednesday then after half term I have History exam and French controlled assessment & speaking, Drama devising project & possibly English monologue.

Out of those I'm expected A* in everything but I'll be happy with an A in the English controlled assessment because I'm rubbish at English. And then the rest should be alright. Won't mind an A in the French considering I got a B in my first one :P. But any written Drama is easy so that's fine, and english monologue is just Drama. So I'm good.

Andeeh
22-05-2011, 11:23 AM
I've been doing my a/s'
Last week I had Film Studies on the Monday - was alright got an A in coursework so hopefully a B/C to get a B overall
History on the Tuesday and Thursday - Did alright on Unit 1 but completely ****** up my India question
Media Studies on the Tuesday - Not to bad
and next Wednesday I have a Psychology resit which i'm going to fail in and then a few weeks later my Psychology exam with 15 core studies, don't care really dropping it next year :)

Shar
22-05-2011, 06:18 PM
I've been doing my a/s'
Last week I had Film Studies on the Monday - was alright got an A in coursework so hopefully a B/C to get a B overall
History on the Tuesday and Thursday - Did alright on Unit 1 but completely ****** up my India question
Media Studies on the Tuesday - Not to bad
and next Wednesday I have a Psychology resit which i'm going to fail in and then a few weeks later my Psychology exam with 15 core studies, don't care really dropping it next year :)
What exam board are you for psychology?

I'm so dreading psychology unit 2. We haven't even finished the course :|

Andeeh
22-05-2011, 06:22 PM
What exam board are you for psychology?

I'm so dreading psychology unit 2. We haven't even finished the course :|
I don't know I think OCR? and yeah same, we still need to go through like 3 more core studies. It's the only exam's I have left so only need to attend Psychology lesson's hate it :(

Paracme
22-05-2011, 06:33 PM
All my exams are finished. I feel so free.

Fez
22-05-2011, 09:34 PM
My dyscalculas may have ruined my chances at an A* in the Additional Biology GCSE exams on Thurs.

English Lit on Tuesday; confident for an A*.

Additional Chemistry on Weds. Not sure on that one.

Additional Physics on Fri. Confident for an A.

Need one A* at least and an A in the rest of these additionals if I want an A overall after getting a high B in my ISA test thing.

Shar
23-05-2011, 05:34 PM
I don't know I think OCR? and yeah same, we still need to go through like 3 more core studies. It's the only exam's I have left so only need to attend Psychology lesson's hate it :(

Oh my friends tell me OCR is hard :(

I had politics today, it actually went better than I expected. I did some practice exam questions last night and most of them came up woo!

-Heart
25-05-2011, 06:46 AM
R.E and English started off badly but they were alright in the end. Hoping for a very optimistic A/B in both.

Chemistry today then Physics on Friday which is my Leavers day.

Mathew
25-05-2011, 10:22 AM
Just done my Psychology Unit 1 resit..... the 12 Mark question was on the age of people in Eyewitness Testimony.... WHAT!!! :P
Hey, we'll see.

3 more exams left. English on the 6th June, then Critical Thinking Unit 2 and Psychology Unit 2 on 7th June! :)

Shar
25-05-2011, 10:25 AM
Just done my Psychology Unit 1 resit..... the 12 Mark question was on the age of people in Eyewitness Testimony.... WHAT!!! :P
Hey, we'll see.

3 more exams left. English on the 6th June, then Critical Thinking Unit 2 and Psychology Unit 2 on 7th June! :)

Age and EWT?! Ouchh
Good luck with all your exams Mathew!

Mathew
25-05-2011, 10:29 AM
Age and EWT?! Ouchh
Good luck with all your exams Mathew!
I know right! Past exam papers have been Institutionalisation... MSM... WMM... and then - this?! :P Had no idea at all what to write so I just said some rubbish about Loftus, Geiselman and Bahrick. Don't have high hopes on improving on my A but we'll see. Need to try extra hard in Unit 2! :P

Thankssss, and you too if you have any more! :P

lawrawrrr
25-05-2011, 10:29 AM
four.... 2 class civ, 1 english lit, 1 music. NO IDEA on dates tho *oops*

Shar
25-05-2011, 10:33 AM
four.... 2 class civ, 1 english lit, 1 music. NO IDEA on dates tho *oops*

I surprised when you said you did class civ because not many schools do it!

Zak
25-05-2011, 11:08 AM
I have one exam left this year, on the 26th. It's advanced programming :(

-Heart
25-05-2011, 03:03 PM
Good news and bad news. Good news is I never have to do Chemistry ever again.

Bad news - pretty sure I failed. xox

Bailey
25-05-2011, 05:18 PM
Good news and bad news. Good news is I never have to do Chemistry ever again.

Bad news - pretty sure I failed. xox

that **** was horrible, hope the grade boundaries are low. Really wanted the A but I'll be happy to get a B now >.<

-Heart
08-06-2011, 06:47 AM
Dun failed everything.

MizzBex
08-06-2011, 09:30 AM
I've done most of my GCSE's now. Just got 2 more - maths on friday and geography the following friday. :)

Charlottay!
08-06-2011, 01:30 PM
I have had 4 and i now have 6 to go :( damn a level resists pilling up! :'(

Fez
11-06-2011, 09:33 PM
Four to go (all GCSE): 2 Chemistry, History (just done America/International Relations paper, easy beans) and RE Paper 2.

Recursion
11-06-2011, 09:41 PM
5 to go! :P All this week :@

Luke
11-06-2011, 10:53 PM
5 to go :O
Geography
History
Geography
Chemistry this week

Physics next week :D

Jordan
11-06-2011, 11:46 PM
I have 5 next week as well xD

Chemistry
Maths
English
History
Geography

sucks :(

Mr-Trainor
12-06-2011, 08:56 AM
I only have four exams left now. Two geography exams this week, one science the week after and another science the week after.

luce
12-06-2011, 09:01 AM
Done all mine finished last tuesday think i did them all well just wait and see now only had 5 since no retakes makes a change from the 24 last year.

Alexx..
12-06-2011, 11:26 AM
BTEC BANTER don't do exams

Recursion
12-06-2011, 01:28 PM
God dammit I should be revising for an exam tomorrow RIGHT NOW.

Chippiewill
12-06-2011, 03:48 PM
Additional Maths, and Three Geography exams left... takes too long :(

Yupt
12-06-2011, 06:23 PM
Only got RS and History left on Tuesday and then thats my GCSE's done. woop woop.

Luke
14-06-2011, 09:59 PM
Geography 1. Done
History Unit 2. Done.
Geography 2. FRIDAY. Then

DONEEEE sdlhjfsdlfnsd****d (:

Nemo
14-06-2011, 10:05 PM
Just got 1 left, next monday. M2. God damn you further maths

Mr-Trainor
14-06-2011, 10:56 PM
Geography 1. Done
History Unit 2. Done.
Geography 2. FRIDAY. Then

DONEEEE sdlhjfsdlfnsd****d (:
I've got Geography 2 on Friday as well :(.

Then science x2 and then I'm done :P.

Luke
14-06-2011, 10:59 PM
Geography 1 wasn't bad, I done restless earth, rivers and coastal areas. BRING ON TOURISM!

Mr-Trainor
14-06-2011, 11:01 PM
Geography 1 wasn't bad, I done restless earth, rivers and coastal areas. BRING ON TOURISM!

They're the same ones I done :P. I didn't find it bad either, although I kind of revised a bit of every topic including the ones we didn't have to do lol (like glaciers). I didn't realise I didn't have to (A).

Luke
14-06-2011, 11:02 PM
I only specifically revised them 3 :') less to take in (Y)

Recursion
18-06-2011, 07:28 PM
I finished on Friday, finished on a good note too! Did the AQA Unit 4a Fieldwork and Stats paper, was PISS easy. :)

Matthew
18-06-2011, 07:39 PM

I did that exam too :P

I did restless earth, rivers and ice, was quite easy really!

!!BeWise!!
18-06-2011, 08:21 PM
God dammit I should be revising for an exam tomorrow RIGHT NOW. That really sucks...
Ergh I have 3 tests, 4 reports, 3 presentations to do these few wks...how will I survive?! lol

Wig44.
19-06-2011, 03:45 PM
Just got 1 left, next monday. M2. God damn you further maths

You say that but my biggest regret from week of college was not taking FMaths, because the pace of teaching the maths AS is so slow. They'll tach us how to do a topic and then the class would spend like 30 minutes on a question that me and a couple of friends sitting with me would all have finished within about 2 minutes. You going to sit STEP maths at some point in the future?

Rixion
19-06-2011, 03:46 PM
no more :)
recently did science ideas and context and last week english lit, english lang and physical geography :)

davecool656
19-06-2011, 04:56 PM
I don't have any but good luck everyone who does :)

LoveToStack
20-06-2011, 02:38 PM
Had A-level maths, C4, earlier this morning. That was my last exam. I'm now officially finished school!:'(+ :D
I feel pretty confident about the exam. I was nervous going in but I managed to answer every question with confidence in my answer, so even if I don't do as well as I hope will, I know I gave it my best shot.

MizzBex
20-06-2011, 02:50 PM
I've finished all of my GCSE's now! :D

ben
20-06-2011, 02:55 PM
one more tomorrow ocr psychology a2

davecool656
20-06-2011, 04:48 PM
I have got 2 exams coming up in college :(

Fez
20-06-2011, 08:32 PM
Pretty much done with GCSEs, two to go (resits).

Am I the only one who thought that, after all of it, they were actually quite easy?

Homosexual
20-06-2011, 08:59 PM
One exam to go: sociology pre-release paper, yay.

& I thought the same, Fez.

Wig44.
21-06-2011, 03:45 PM
Pretty much done with GCSEs, two to go (resits).

Am I the only one who thought that, after all of it, they were actually quite easy?

GCSEs are criticised for being far too easy every single academic year. They should be much harder in my opinion. That would allow for A levels to be made a bit harder whilst closing the gap between A levels and GCSEs somewhat. They (universities) want to be able to discern between the top A-level students better and yet leave GCSEs, which are a joke in their current state, the same.

Mr-Trainor
22-06-2011, 09:33 AM
Had a science exam this morning, and there was a mistake in the paper.

iBlueBox
22-06-2011, 09:46 AM
Had a science exam this morning, and there was a mistake in the paper.

Was it to question out part 2 of answer in the Chemistry section?

same with us if it was.

Mr-Trainor
22-06-2011, 10:09 AM
Was it to question out part 2 of answer in the Chemistry section?

same with us if it was.
Yes it was :P.

dbgtz
23-06-2011, 12:00 AM
GCSEs are criticised for being far too easy every single academic year. They should be much harder in my opinion. That would allow for A levels to be made a bit harder whilst closing the gap between A levels and GCSEs somewhat. They (universities) want to be able to discern between the top A-level students better and yet leave GCSEs, which are a joke in their current state, the same.

GCSEs in most subjects should cover more things rather then doing more of the same. I think for 5 years of doing "information" (ICT basically) we just done the same **** over and over and it never got more difficult. Out of the subjects I am doing, I think only maths really justifies the time spent towards prep for the exam with English not far off. So really most subjects I have done could have much more substance to it. I think the problem is the fact GCSEs havn't really changed as time goes by. I think most people know how to use the basic stuff which makes up the lesson I mentioned before (information) and a bit of an actual ICT course so really shouldnt be included in such depth. I'd much rather of learnt something challenging, like actually how to code the sites. In my business BTEC (I realise its a BTEC not GCSE), it wasn't even hard, it was just getting some information and then retyping it. The sciences were difficult, but that was because the teachers were pretty bad or personal reasons. Once I read over the revision books I pretty much knew most of it. I probably spent a couple of hours per science revising.

So the problem really is they treat people who take them like kids, whereas they should make them rely much more on independant learning and not go over the same topic many times (like they seem to do in my school and most likely others).

Wig44.
23-06-2011, 12:14 AM
GCSEs in most subjects should cover more things rather then doing more of the same. I think for 5 years of doing "information" (ICT basically) we just done the same **** over and over and it never got more difficult. Out of the subjects I am doing, I think only maths really justifies the time spent towards prep for the exam with English not far off. So really most subjects I have done could have much more substance to it. I think the problem is the fact GCSEs havn't really changed as time goes by. I think most people know how to use the basic stuff which makes up the lesson I mentioned before (information) and a bit of an actual ICT course so really shouldnt be included in such depth. I'd much rather of learnt something challenging, like actually how to code the sites. In my business BTEC (I realise its a BTEC not GCSE), it wasn't even hard, it was just getting some information and then retyping it. The sciences were difficult, but that was because the teachers were pretty bad or personal reasons. Once I read over the revision books I pretty much knew most of it. I probably spent a couple of hours per science revising.

So the problem really is they treat people who take them like kids, whereas they should make them rely much more on independant learning and not go over the same topic many times (like they seem to do in my school and most likely others).

I disagree, GCSE maths and english are both a joke and should be made a lot harder. A third tier of GCSE exam should be introduced so people who can't handle the increased GCSE difficulty but are smarter thana foundation student can do the mid level exam.

Mr-Trainor
28-06-2011, 09:04 AM
I just finished my last exam :D.

cocaine
28-06-2011, 10:04 AM
finished my a levels 5 days ago but it feels like i finished them 5 months ago

Wig44.
28-06-2011, 11:43 AM
finished my a levels 5 days ago but it feels like i finished them 5 months ago

The wonders of narcotics eh?

Fez
28-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Finished all my exams now, mis-spellings on the AQA GCSE Biology 2 apparently, I was sitting Chemistries anyway. Went terrible.

Homosexual
28-06-2011, 03:52 PM
the last science exam: i failed.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!