PDA

View Full Version : Ancelotti Sacked

Deak
22-05-2011, 07:38 PM
Chelsea have sacked manager Carlo Ancelotti.

The announcement was made two hours after Chelsea's final-day 1-0 defeat by Everton, confirming the club's second-place finish in the Premier League.

---

Thoughts?
Who will be the mamager next season do you think?

To be fair i thought he would get next season to see what he could do...
Jose Mourinho... Will he make a return?

Mathew
22-05-2011, 07:44 PM
This just sums up how pathetic football is. Sacked because they only came 2nd. Some people are just never ******* happy are they?

Boot
22-05-2011, 07:54 PM
i was reading about this, i also heard that Guus Hiddink could be new manager for next season

Narnat,
22-05-2011, 08:49 PM
This just sums up how pathetic football is. Sacked because they only came 2nd. Some people are just never ******* happy are they?

See this is exactly what I think! Everyone gets so hyped up about a a ball being kicked into a net.

AgnesIO
22-05-2011, 09:10 PM
See this is exactly what I think! Everyone gets so hyped up about a a ball being kicked into a net.

Stupid post :S
That post could work for ANYTHING.

"Everyone gets so hyped up about a ball bring thrown in to a hoop"
"Everyone gets so hyped up about the car crossing the finishing like"

Deak
22-05-2011, 09:28 PM
It is a bit silly getting sacked after finishing 2nd... 2nd best team in Englands top league should be something to be proud of!

So if whoever becomes the manager next season finishes 2nd or worse... does that mean they will get sacked too even if they only just fail to win something...?

AgnesIO
22-05-2011, 09:30 PM
It is a bit silly getting sacked after finishing 2nd... 2nd best team in Englands top league should be something to be proud of!

So if whoever becomes the manager next season finishes 2nd or worse... does that mean they will get sacked too even if they only just fail to win something...?

Oh I agree it is ridiculous to sack the manager for coming second, unless Jose is lined up again.. they must know who they are getting in.

I was merely replying to the post above my last.

Boot
22-05-2011, 09:41 PM
Chelsea just want to win the Champions League, they dont care about the rest, maybe this is why he got sacked because he failed to win the champions league?

FlyingJesus
22-05-2011, 09:49 PM
The only way I can see it having real justification is that there have been rumours that he'll go for a long time now, and end of season is the most sensible time to make it a reality. As a Chelsea fan I've never really connected with him and don't think he was anything special, maybe Vialli will come back now :P

AgnesIO
22-05-2011, 10:03 PM
The only way I can see it having real justification is that there have been rumours that he'll go for a long time now, and end of season is the most sensible time to make it a reality. As a Chelsea fan I've never really connected with him and don't think he was anything special, maybe Vialli will come back now :P

I heard Avram Grant was available.

Deak
22-05-2011, 10:05 PM

Theres a rumour i've heard about him going back to Chelsea... Obviously how true it is is a different matter!

AgnesIO
22-05-2011, 10:23 PM
Theres a rumour i've heard about him going back to Chelsea... Obviously how true it is is a different matter!

That rumour is obviously complete rubbish lol.

I couldn't see Chelsea rehiring a crap manager, who managed to get relegated lol

Deak
22-05-2011, 11:04 PM
That rumour is obviously complete rubbish lol.

I couldn't see Chelsea rehiring a crap manager, who managed to get relegated lol

Exactly what im thinking... Either get someone new or someone who has done it (like jose)

Lamz
22-05-2011, 11:44 PM
I don't think its because of coming second... I think its because of the amount he spent on Fernando Torres & the poor season he had. 1 goal? also due to them coming second they didn't get as much money back from their sponsors etc... Chelsea had & still do have a nice # of Millions in their bank but Ancelotti wastes it.

NO WAY will Jose Mourinho go back to chelsea. Im sure he is VERY VERY happy at Real Madrid.

JerseySafety
22-05-2011, 11:51 PM
About time tbh. Never really like him. ;)

Boot
23-05-2011, 02:45 AM

lol i reckon it'll be Guus Hiddink like i said before

orientalframe?
23-05-2011, 05:07 AM
I think Guus Hiddink will probably be manager next, even though I would much prefer Mourinho :P

blu3freak
23-05-2011, 07:00 AM
No thanks for Avram Grant. He is a pile of bull****, tbh. West Ham have a talented team, but he managed to send them down. Takes some skills.

Matthew
23-05-2011, 07:16 AM
I don't think its because of coming second... I think its because of the amount he spent on Fernando Torres & the poor season he had. 1 goal? also due to them coming second they didn't get as much money back from their sponsors etc... Chelsea had & still do have a nice # of Millions in their bank but Ancelotti wastes it.

NO WAY will Jose Mourinho go back to chelsea. Im sure he is VERY VERY happy at Real Madrid.

Well, as Jose has said numerous times, he actually is not that happy at real Madrid.

Deak
23-05-2011, 08:32 AM
Ancelotti didnt want Torres in the first place... It was Roman Abramovich that did... supposidly

Arron
23-05-2011, 09:37 AM
Ancelotti didn't manager Chelsea, Abramovich did so I think the owner of Chelsea FC should appoint himself as their manager.

Anyway, season after season Chelsea go through manager after manager. They'll get no where if they keep sacking managers who've failed to deliver. I mean last year they got the double under Ancelotti but with this season being a bit of a disappointment without a trophy I think it's unfair to show him the back door, they finished 2nd...? Managers like Roberto Mancini may have been on the brink of being sacked last season after failing to qualify for the Champions League 4th spot after losing 1-0 at home to Tottenham. He was given a further opportunity and look at what City have won this year... The FA Cup and an automatic place in the Champions League. Okay fair enough money has been a big influence in their search for silverware but now that they've got a trophy behind them whose to stop them from winning more? I think City will capture a few big names in this Summer Transfer Window which will make them definite title contenders next season. So at the end of the day in my opinion, the sacking of Ancelotti was uncalled for.

AgnesIO
23-05-2011, 10:10 AM

He has (apparently) said numerous times he would love to go back to the Premiership at some point.

Anyone who sacks a manager because a signing didn't perform is an imbecile. Yeah Torres has a horrendous season, but if I told you (and anyone else) when they signed him 'oh he will do crap and only get one goal' I would probably be -repped on here a million times, told what an idiot I am - so who can blame Ancelotti for getting Torres in? He is without a doubt (despite a poor end to this season) a world class striker.

Ancelotti didn't manager Chelsea, Abramovich did so I think the owner of Chelsea FC should appoint himself as their manager.

Anyway, season after season Chelsea go through manager after manager. They'll get no where if they keep sacking managers who've failed to deliver. I mean last year they got the double under Ancelotti but with this season being a bit of a disappointment without a trophy I think it's unfair to show him the back door, they finished 2nd...? Managers like Roberto Mancini may have been on the brink of being sacked last season after failing to qualify for the Champions League 4th spot after losing 1-0 at home to Tottenham. He was given a further opportunity and look at what City have won this year... The FA Cup and an automatic place in the Champions League. Okay fair enough money has been a big influence in their search for silverware but now that they've got a trophy behind them whose to stop them from winning more? I think City will capture a few big names in this Summer Transfer Window which will make them definite title contenders next season. So at the end of the day in my opinion, the sacking of Ancelotti was uncalled for.

I reckon Liverpool will be dark horses too.

Matthew
23-05-2011, 05:09 PM
@Arron

City have said they won't be spending much this summer (although 100m isn't much compared to the owners wealth :rolleyes:

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!