PDA

View Full Version : Managerial Madness

AgnesIO
27-05-2011, 12:04 PM
Alliteration ;) Got you in this thread yeah

Anyway, at this time of the season there is often a fair amount of talk about managers, just like there is players.

Is there talk surrounding your club about managerial prospects?

Orient currently have Russell Slade, and I have to say I have seriously enjoyed watching Orient play this season, thanks to the passing football he creates. However, a lot of clubs are involved in wanting him. There was talk of Sheffield United wanting him, but I believe they have someone now. However, now there is stuff on Slade going to Barnsley. Barnsley is nearer to his family, in a division higher than us, and can offer him more money. Obviously this is worrying as an O's fan, as I think we will struggle unless we keep him or get another manager who will follow the style of play he started. He has been banging on about royalty, but as of yet has not squashed any of the rumours surrounding his future. The club refused to agree to let Barnsley talk to Slade, however they appear to have done so anyway (if we can believe the Sun).

So, anything going on at your club?

Mathew
27-05-2011, 12:07 PM
lol, "Managerial Madness" is a good name for a Habbox Competition.. :P

AgnesIO
27-05-2011, 12:09 PM
lol, "Managerial Madness" is a good name for a Habbox Competition.. :P

I ACTUALLY THOUGHT THAT WHEN I WROTE IT!

Could be about the coolest way to higher people as a new manager. Omg you should so do that. When a manager resigns/gets fired (the latter likely to be what happens to you..) there should be live interviews in HxHD where potential people get asked questions!!

Mathew
27-05-2011, 01:11 PM
I ACTUALLY THOUGHT THAT WHEN I WROTE IT!

Could be about the coolest way to higher people as a new manager. Omg you should so do that. When a manager resigns/gets fired (the latter likely to be what happens to you..) there should be live interviews in HxHD where potential people get asked questions!!
LMAOOOO. Would be like the televised debates last general election, hahaha. :P I'm more likely to be fired? Cheeky sod! ;)

Deak
27-05-2011, 05:38 PM
Being a sheffield united fan appointing an ex wednesday player & manager i am not very happy!

Obviously now it has happened i'm hoping he does well but it doesn't help when people want him out before he has even been fully appointed (i was one) & he will be under pressure from the start due to most of the crowd not liking his appointment.

(8) We're all going on a league one tour, a league one tour, a league one tour (8) :P

AgnesIO
27-05-2011, 06:57 PM
Being a sheffield united fan appointing an ex wednesday player & manager i am not very happy!

Obviously now it has happened i'm hoping he does well but it doesn't help when people want him out before he has even been fully appointed (i was one) & he will be under pressure from the start due to most of the crowd not liking his appointment.

(8) We're all going on a league one tour, a league one tour, a league one tour (8) :P

Where as I could not be any happier that you got him :P

You say that, but League One won't be easy ;)

Considering it is the third tier in England, it has some big teams

---------- Post added 27-05-2011 at 07:58 PM ----------

You better still be using this forum next season! It will be nice to have a bit of rivalry when the two teams meet - two league one football fans on the forum now :rolleyes: :L

brandon
28-05-2011, 01:31 AM
Norwich have Paul Lambert. He's always linked with other clubs but he just signed a new contract.

Deak
28-05-2011, 10:16 AM
Where as I could not be any happier that you got him :P

You say that, but League One won't be easy ;)

Considering it is the third tier in England, it has some big teams

---------- Post added 27-05-2011 at 07:58 PM ----------

You better still be using this forum next season! It will be nice to have a bit of rivalry when the two teams meet - two league one football fans on the forum now :rolleyes: :L

I totally agree that league 1 is very tough to get back out of...

Regarding sticking around the forum - i dont have no plans on going anywhere at the moment! :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!