PDA

View Full Version : Ice Sports

Aidenn
28-05-2011, 04:56 PM
If any which do you reguarly participate in?
can varie from Figure Skating, Ice Hockey, Speed Skating, Recreational, Competitive and Sync Skating.

(Recreational just being relaxed skating as you do normally when you first start)

I play ice Hockey 3 times a week and Volunteer in the local ice centre to teach kids how to ice skate, (which is great fun when they fall over)

I just happened to fall over 23 times, i decided to be brave and come away from the borders and i spent most of my time on my backside rather than being stood up ice, you could say i was like bambi on ice in most cases.

If you dont 'ice skate' reguarly which ones have you tryed before? did you enjoy it?
and the question ive got to ask is; How many times did you fall over on your very first time ice skating?

Zak
28-05-2011, 07:25 PM
If you click jack me from this I'm not going to be pleased!!!!!!

Anyway! I play no ice sports, I can ice skate and do on occasion. Never been brilliant at it though and people always show off really bad where i go in cov. :P

geo
28-05-2011, 07:26 PM
I used to go ice skating every two weeks just to learn, I then had a bad accident once (didn't break anything) but it stopped me from going on the ice for a long time so I kind of 'forgot' how to skate well, and then gave up ;s

I go occasionally now with my friends, although I'm no good but it's just for fun now :P

Jurv
28-05-2011, 07:33 PM
I've only really been ice skating before and it went alright...

I first went with school, it was part of a half term trip in Altrincham. I did enjoy it but for the first half hour I was clinging onto the sides and didn't really do anything. After that I decided to depart from the sides and actually try and skate, and I did it! I was well proud of myself until I went into a period of falling constantly.

so yeah that's my story about ice skating, i've not really been since so I doubt I'll be taking up as a sport anytime soon! :P

Chris
28-05-2011, 07:36 PM
I dont do any ice sports, but have been ice skating a couple of times. I think I fell over about 9 times the last time I went. :P

AgnesIO
28-05-2011, 10:18 PM
I don't do any ice based sports, but I do love skating - I love trying new things etc - would love to do it more often.

Aidenn
28-05-2011, 11:02 PM
If you click jack me from this I'm not going to be pleased!!!!!!

Anyway! I play no ice sports, I can ice skate and do on occasion. Never been brilliant at it though and people always show off really bad where i go in cov. :P

LOL
I wouldnt say i know many people who show off ;)
Beginners at my local rink often skate around the outskirts, but then go directly in the middle.
and then they wonder why people come whizzing past them

Camy
29-05-2011, 01:31 AM
During primary school I learned to skate, then was going to start doing ice hockey, but the ice rink shut down, just as I was getting into it. Kinda gutted, because I really liked the training that I got to do, then I just never skated for years.
I fully forgot how to skate, then like 2 years ago I started going to a different ice rink with friends every sunday. I had to teach myself how to skate again, which sucked because they could all skate and I couldnt. But yeah, after a few months I could skate pretty well, and bought myself some hockey skates, and got alot better. That went on for a year? I think, then they shut down that ice rink!
Its crap, I havent been skating for like 7 months, but I've still got my skates if another ice rink is opened :l

Aidenn
29-05-2011, 01:12 PM
During primary school I learned to skate, then was going to start doing ice hockey, but the ice rink shut down, just as I was getting into it. Kinda gutted, because I really liked the training that I got to do, then I just never skated for years.
I fully forgot how to skate, then like 2 years ago I started going to a different ice rink with friends every sunday. I had to teach myself how to skate again, which sucked because they could all skate and I couldnt. But yeah, after a few months I could skate pretty well, and bought myself some hockey skates, and got alot better. That went on for a year? I think, then they shut down that ice rink!
Its crap, I havent been skating for like 7 months, but I've still got my skates if another ice rink is opened :l

Ouch,your not exactly lucky with ice rinks are you?

Do you ever have any outdoor ice rinks towards winter?

In Nottingham We have an outdoor ice rink when its nearly christmas, and i prefer outdoor rinks to indoor, mainly because its all different, the ice is untreated and its often got alot of blood on it :P

Camy
29-05-2011, 04:22 PM
Ouch,your not exactly lucky with ice rinks are you?

Do you ever have any outdoor ice rinks towards winter?

In Nottingham We have an outdoor ice rink when its nearly christmas, and i prefer outdoor rinks to indoor, mainly because its all different, the ice is untreated and its often got alot of blood on it :P
Haha I know. The first ice rink that got shut down was because the team that played there went bust I think, and the second one was a really old leisure centre that there supposed to be replacing, but theres like no news about it yet.

Yeah, theres a big one in glasgow that I might go to this year, its like a 45 min train journey, but its meant to be really good. And haha that sounds lovely :L

Red
29-05-2011, 05:57 PM
none really. I have been to see ice hockey few times though.
Belfast Giants wewp
o and the last time I went iceskating, some idiot give my shoes to the wrong person.
was not amused!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!