PDA

View Full Version : Ciao!

Hecktix
29-05-2011, 05:22 PM
Yeah, bet a few of you couldn't wait for this haha :P

I'm leaving Habbox because I'm 20 years old and last night I spent 22 hours playing Habbo and doing stuff for Habbox.

This isn't right anymore, if I was 2 years younger I'd love to be doing it but no, I've had enough now. There are some great people here at Habbox and there are also some ******* ********s here at Habbox.

I'd like to thank Jin for the opportunities he's given me at Habbox and I'd like to thank everybody at Habbox, whether you're a good friend or one of those ******* ********s - you make Habbox what it is and I hope it continues to be successful and doesn't die off.

Sorry to those that this is letting down but this is a decision i've made for me, not Habbox.

Oli

Thread closed by Police (Forum Moderator) due to bump.

Phil
29-05-2011, 05:22 PM
I LOVE YOU OLI :(

Alex3213
29-05-2011, 05:23 PM
Your reasons are fair and I respect why you're leaving. Best of luck :)

Aidenn
29-05-2011, 05:24 PM
THIS THRD DESERVES TO BE CLOSED!!!!!

Not happy at all..

Inseriousity.
29-05-2011, 05:27 PM
omgosh i didnt expect to see this. I would not be surprised if I'm in the ******* *******s category but I am being genuine when I say I actually agreed with you on more things than I disagreed on (i agree with weekly review, Q1 thing for example :D) and I think you kept the ship running very well. Good luck with uni and hope you get good exam results!

Oh and doing 22 hours of Habbo events is insane no matter how old you are so that deserves a well done anyway!

Chris
29-05-2011, 05:28 PM
You've done a lot of habbox, Oli, such a shame to see you go :(

Good luck with everything in the future! :)

cocaine
29-05-2011, 05:28 PM
blud i wouldnt be caught dead playing habbo at 14 let alone 20
safe oli xxxxx

Shar
29-05-2011, 05:30 PM
You're a good guy Oli, its going to be so weird without you. Best of luck with uni and the future.

j0rd
29-05-2011, 05:31 PM
What a surprise!
You've been quite a good friend of mine since I started using Habbox, and I'm sure this is the right decision :)

Stay in contact :)

Jordan
29-05-2011, 05:31 PM
Bye Oli,

You were great and did alot for Habbox :(

Boot
29-05-2011, 05:33 PM
cyaaaaa

FlyingJesus
Another one bites the dusssst

So like does that mean I'm in charge now since we are bffs

.x.miss.angel.x
Aww ;( Bye Oli, you will always be one of Habbox's great assets ;)

Deak
29-05-2011, 05:34 PM
Cya, good luck for the future :)

Aaron
29-05-2011, 05:36 PM
Thanks for your time and contribution to Habbox Oli.

Inseriousity.
29-05-2011, 05:36 PM
oops posted in wrong thread. :(

bye oli again!

L0st-Angel
29-05-2011, 05:37 PM
I hate you so much for leaving :P
You're such a good Manager - We're all sad to see you go :(

Stephen
29-05-2011, 05:38 PM
cya tomorrow you addict

GommeInc
29-05-2011, 05:42 PM
You're leaving? :O But but, who else can endure harassment and abuse the way you do? :(

Sammeth.
29-05-2011, 05:43 PM
You were a good manager when I worked with you, didn't hang around much to see you as General Manager but Im sure you did well. Good luck and all that jazz x

despect
29-05-2011, 05:46 PM
woahhh thats a shock :O! its a shame you left you did a good job as general manager, best of luck in whatever you do in life. ;D

Jssy
29-05-2011, 05:48 PM
Didn't know you but bye and good luck :)

Alkaz
29-05-2011, 05:50 PM
Shame to see you resign Oli. You were a really good General Manager :)

Good luck with university and all that :) x

Jurv
29-05-2011, 05:51 PM
It's a shame you're leaving Oli. I know we haven't talked much but it really has been a pleasure to work with you, you've been a great general manager so far and it's too bad you're leaving so you can't carry on the way you have been going. Habbox 24 was a real success and if it wasn't for you staying up as long as you did it wouldn't of ended the way it did. Thanks for your time with Habbox Oli and good luck with everything in the future! :)

Hayleigh
29-05-2011, 06:03 PM
oli you *****.

Samantha.
29-05-2011, 06:19 PM
You've played a big part on what Habbox is what it is now Oli, well done! You have been amazing at Habbox and you know you'll be missed dearly.

Hopefully we'll still keep in contact because you're a good friend and I would hate to lose that.
Good Luck for the futureeeee :)

love you xxxxx

ChloeeBALDWIN
29-05-2011, 06:27 PM
OLI
You helped me with everything..
And you resigned :[ How could you..
Joking best luck for the future .
Visit us and stay on contact..
Habbox is going to miss you

dirrty
29-05-2011, 06:41 PM
toodlepip :)

myke
29-05-2011, 06:42 PM
bye :)

Chippiewill
29-05-2011, 06:46 PM
You're not allowed to make the thread until the official announcement http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/2038/eng101.gif

Goodbye Oli.

geo
29-05-2011, 06:52 PM
Didn't expect this tbh. You're a great person Oli, and it's a shame to see you go.
Best of luck in the future. xo

Stephen
29-05-2011, 07:01 PM
toodlepip :)

bye :)

lol why did i laugh so much at these 2 replies

Richie
29-05-2011, 07:12 PM
so longggg

Firework.
29-05-2011, 07:28 PM
Bye oli BABE ye i sed it ;l

Zak
29-05-2011, 07:42 PM
I don't blame you Oli. Giving up that much of your free time for free.

Shame I was one of those ******* *******s aye ;)

Good luck in the future, I'm sure you'll still stay active on the forum.

Stephen
29-05-2011, 07:51 PM
just wondering but now oli had gone can we see who won the girl's beauty comp?

HotelUser
29-05-2011, 08:17 PM
Since I suck at these things and end up TLDRing or writing something that resembles a eulogy I've decided to give it a go anyway:

The amount of time Oli put in and the amount of things he did for Habbox was unbelievable. There are some people who I would say are rather incompetent (being politically incorrect I will name names since he actually registered to come to this thread just to slander Oli, my example being Saurav) who take it upon themselves to attempt to cause damage and hurt Habbox wherever they find the opportunity to for no reason other than they have a personal vendetta with one person. It takes the mindset of a doornail to do this, little effort and obviously poor taste in the feelings of others because they're ruthless in that they will tear anyone else down around them that stand in the way of screwing around with whoever they're trying to. To those individuals who dislike Oli and are choosing to say sly things in something as simple as a goodbye thread which should be the opposite, thanking a person for their efforts, I have to say I am shocked by you, because you are clearly incapable of seeing the good in other people or atleast appreciate the work they do and due to this I am seriously concerned for where you will end up later down the road, if you cannot adhere to such a simple life lesson.

Speaking of appreciating work I have had the pleasure of knowing Oli for years and years. He managed HxHD, he put on Habbox productions, managed the news department, was an amazing forum moderator and forum manager, AGM and GM too. He worked his butt off for Habbox and a recent proof of this is where he stayed up for something like twenty four consecutive hours for recent inclient events. He is intimidating at first glance but if you know Oli well you will know he is a damn good friend. He is so stubborn that he posted his resignation and removed his own forum permissions whilst I was trying to convince him to stick around :P

Oli has always been here as long as I've been at Habbox and it's going to feel so strange without him here. He put his nose to the grindstone for Habbox and I am really going to miss him.

lawrawrrr
29-05-2011, 08:21 PM
I'm not really gonna post here apart from to say bye, and thank you. I think I've told you before how much you mean to Habbox, and how grateful I am of everything you do - both on a professional and personal level.

You will be missed.

AgnesIO
29-05-2011, 08:23 PM
Bye Oli, you turned out to be a really nice person!

May I ask what happens to my, er, donation? Who has it now?

orientalframe?
29-05-2011, 08:27 PM
You're a great person Oli, and your dedication really showed over the past couple of weeks. A really big shame to see you go :( Good luck in the future xo

Mark
29-05-2011, 08:32 PM
Best of luck in the future and with Nicola (Bow Chicka Wah Wah ;)) You were a good General Management although we never really saw eye to eye much, hope you stick around the Forum and stuff!

-Charityy
29-05-2011, 08:33 PM
Bye Oli :(
You will be missed.

Andii
29-05-2011, 08:50 PM
awww thanks for mentioning me oli babes =]

ps im a **** ***** not a ******** *********** =] hehe. . .

uve been here for like ever :O :O :O gunna b so awkard now. . . n now i gotta annoy the new GM fml :'(

rockfordfiles:o
29-05-2011, 09:01 PM
dude i just met you and all but you were cool man you made a wise decision but dont forget to come back and visit .and i guess habbox is gonna be down for a while till we get a new gm later dude may the force be with you(yn)

brandon
30-05-2011, 01:38 AM
Oli nooo. I really hope you stick around the forum still :(

Eric
30-05-2011, 01:53 AM
Please don't go :(

Vinnie:Safety
30-05-2011, 02:41 AM
I JUST MET YOU!! D:

Pigperson
30-05-2011, 09:19 AM
Omdz, I was pretty shocked to hear that you have resigned after the hard work you have put in. Being the big daddy is tough and the work you have put in should be applauded. The events and updates to Habbox recently have really been amazing so well done to you and everyone else who helped :D

Sad to see you leave because you have proven to be a good GM (just not a great host LOL JK)

Good luck in the future Oli :D

Will

wixard
30-05-2011, 01:43 PM
you shoulda just posted this in your old goodbye thread on page 2
LOL!!!!!!!!!!

bye

Nick
30-05-2011, 01:49 PM
This was a complete shock O.O i thought we would have had oli for years :)

But anywho byeee :(

Matthew
30-05-2011, 02:18 PM
Bye oli

rld
30-05-2011, 02:21 PM
Once a Habboxer, always a Habboxer. you'll be back! ( i hope ;( )

Narnat,
30-05-2011, 04:03 PM
Everyone has to leave at some point huh?. You were a fantastic General Manager and thanks a lot for helping me when I was a mod. xxx Best of luck in the future!

Mathew
30-05-2011, 05:08 PM
lol, I'm away for three days and everyone and their mothers ends up resigning.

I know Oli probably won't even see this but he was 100% the best GM I've had here. Whether it was for personal or Habbox related issues, he was always been there on MSN ready to offer a hand, despite the large number of windows he'd usually have open, anyway.. :P Perhaps it's just because of my role in Events, but I've never really spoken to the General Manager before, nevermind discuss University with them. Right from the first day he got the position as AGM Staff, he made the effort to have people add him on MSN and get to know everyone on a personal level.

When promotion time came, Oli introduced many new ways to change how departments were managed and introduced new ways to keep everyone in the loop. Even now in the Habbox Staff forum, there's loads of on-going promotions and offers even from Habbo which I fear will simply be forgotten about and Habbox will once again become rather detached from the game itself. He was extremely well organised, but I do suppose that only came through putting a stupidly large amount of time in. He was assertive too and knew how to handle all situations.

The 99% sure the replacement won't be able to match his success. He had such a clear vision and I simply fear many of those new ideas just won't have been recorded to be picked up on. All the best of luck for the future, Oli! :)

Grig
30-05-2011, 06:44 PM
aww you've proved many people wrong as General Manager. Many thought you would go power mad and all that, but I'm glad you got the chance to prove them wrong because you genuinely cared for Habbox and continued a fantastic vision. You had your brain on your shoulders and whipped out many interesting things that in a way were lacking before. I remember working with you back at news and stuff haha and you really moved far from those days and I know you did it through hard work and deserved it. It's a shame to see you leave and I can understand with the whole age and getting a life thing- I relate haha!

Anyway, best of luck in the future and hopefully I'll manage to catch a chat with you from time to time :).

Rozi
30-05-2011, 07:25 PM
ahah you probs know that I think this is 100% the right decision but I know how hard you've worked at making habbox what it is today so thanks and all that and erm yeah mwah

Casanova
30-05-2011, 07:39 PM
i don't think you proved you were right for the position, often abusing power (for instance my ban from feedback for constantly saying one word, mentioning nicola got her position for knowing you and i get infractions etc) and you're far too short tempered and rude. You weren't the right man for the job but you had a really good stab at it.

I do respect you and think you're a decent guy outwith habbox, so good luck and take care etc.

AgnesIO
30-05-2011, 08:08 PM
i don't think you proved you were right for the position, often abusing power (for instance my ban from feedback for constantly saying one word, mentioning nicola got her position for knowing you and i get infractions etc) and you're far too short tempered and rude. You weren't the right man for the job but you had a really good stab at it.

I do respect you and think you're a decent guy outwith habbox, so good luck and take care etc.

He did a bloody good job in the end though. Yeah he probably did use his power in feedback more than he should have, but Jin does that all the time lol

HotelUser
30-05-2011, 08:13 PM

You have read three words of a thousand page novel and have judged the entire outcome of the plot.

Firework.
30-05-2011, 08:33 PM
I'm joining you oli, im not too old, it's just not worth it anymore.

Casanova
30-05-2011, 08:34 PM
you certainly have your head in the right places :)
I'm allowed my opinion and I've been fair, I haven't lied (like most in these threads) nor pretended we were something we weren't. I've stated he is a good decent guy and he did well, just he allowed his personality to affect his work.

Catzsy
31-05-2011, 07:34 AM
you certainly have your head in the right places :)
I'm allowed my opinion and I've been fair, I haven't lied (like most in these threads) nor pretended we were something we weren't. I've stated he is a good decent guy and he did well, just he allowed his personality to affect his work.

Yes you are allowed your own opinion but to make assumptions about other people on the forum without knowing them is not knowing them is not really worthy either. I think it maybe a case of 'mouth opens before brain engages' syndrome which doesn't actually show you in your true light, Allan as you are an intelligent person and being aggressive/abrasive is just another way of saying 'rude'. You can be direct and honest without being personal I am sure. :)

I have waited to say goodbye to Oli as it was such a shock although I do know he has become extremely stressed of late and it showed.

Oli, you were a very good GM as well as being great innovator and have been a very hard working and great contributor to Habbox for a long time and you have left it with some big improvements. On the flip side I feel that you had a problem with delegation and took the whole world of Habbox on your shoulders to the detriment of you and it led to a 'crash and burn'. Thing is you cannot expect others to be as motivated & driven as you - everyone is different and one size does not fit all. It is a shame that you did not sit back a bit more and enjoy it all as if you had you would still be here and there would have been a more relaxed atmosphere. There is absolutely no doubt you will be sorely missed as you had some excellent qualities and I really wish you well in the future and know you will be successful in whatever you do. Although I am disappointed at the way you left, I imagine the pressure built up so much that it was the only way. I do hope to see you back on the forum though. xoxoxoxox

coolfish30
31-05-2011, 11:02 AM
Best of luck for the future mate ;)

Eoin247
31-05-2011, 02:18 PM
We mightn't have always got along, but i do realise that all in all you wanted what was best for habbox.

Goodbye and good luck in the future Oli

Rainbow
06-06-2011, 05:47 PM
Bye Oli, I didn't really get a chance to get to know you but you seemed a nice guy its a shame your leaving but i understand why :'(!

PaulB
09-06-2011, 07:58 PM
Respect to you mate. I know exactly how you feel. I felt exactly the same, being 17 in 2006. Spending that much time on Habbo/Habbox isn't normal. I remember being sat at college, my mates talking about going out and getting drunk after college and me worrying that I had to set up everyones VIP permissions, once I had got in. BAD CRACK.

Barkseh

Jazz
10-06-2011, 11:00 AM
Bye Oli :(

Recursion
10-06-2011, 09:37 PM
Again, rather late than never but here we go! It was good to have you around Oil, I know we had our ups and downs but in the end I still loved ya ;)

Best of luck in the future :)

Angel1303
10-06-2011, 10:52 PM
see ya around

leaving
11-08-2013, 02:36 PM
Bye Hecktix!!! <3

Edited by Police (Forum Moderator) - Please do not bump old threads.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!