PDA

View Full Version : Gym Junkies!

Squizz
08-06-2011, 02:19 PM
Any other gym junkies out there?

luce
10-06-2011, 05:54 PM
not a junkie but i go because i have to keep fit for football and my friend is a PT.

Jordie
11-06-2011, 03:42 PM
I train 5-6 days a week, More weight training than fitness routines though.

luce
12-06-2011, 08:45 AM

yeah doing weights that many times a week is fine but if you do endurance/cardio all week then it can cause more harm than good. I just need to find the time!

Squizz
12-06-2011, 12:58 PM
That seems pretty full on, how long are the sessions, and do you target different muscle groups each time?

I usually go 4-6 days a week for 45 mins up to 2 hours depending on what i am focusing on.

Jordie
12-06-2011, 01:45 PM
That seems pretty full on, how long are the sessions, and do you target different muscle groups each time?

I usually go 4-6 days a week for 45 mins up to 2 hours depending on what i am focusing on.

It is full on but being dedicated along with eating the right food will get you results. I train with a former body builder so i know the ins and outs of the eating side along with the training side. My system is usually Chest-Biceps, Shoulders-Triceps, Back, Legs and Stomach with an extra day of training arms but giving myself enough time to recover from the previous session training that muscle. Remember its not how much weight your pushing but more the technique. If the technique is crap your reducing your gain times a lot more!

People have different ways of training, thats worked for me so i stick to it. Some may do it differently but thats upto them.

luce
12-06-2011, 03:15 PM
It is full on but being dedicated along with eating the right food will get you results. I train with a former body builder so i know the ins and outs of the eating side along with the training side. My system is usually Chest-Biceps, Shoulders-Triceps, Back, Legs and Stomach with an extra day of training arms but giving myself enough time to recover from the previous session training that muscle. Remember its not how much weight your pushing but more the technique. If the technique is crap your reducing your gain times a lot more!

People have different ways of training, thats worked for me so i stick to it. Some may do it differently but thats upto them.

yeah agreed my friend is a good PT so she does everything for me like programs etc i do something every other day whether it's a work out or just a run, but i train to play football not just to get fit so i do skill stuff too.

DPS
12-06-2011, 03:54 PM
I go to the Gym 6 days a week, for 2 hours each day. I do cardio 2 days a week, and weight lifting 4 days a week.
I also take weight gainers, muscle gainers, and protein shakes.

But yeah i hate the label "Gym Junkie" i only do all of the above is because i like to look after myself, and be the best i can be.

Ms.Aquamarine
12-06-2011, 03:59 PM
I go to the gym 2-3 times a week for college cheerleading.

Alexx..
12-06-2011, 04:15 PM
I do the biggest loser game on my xbox, does that count?

Squizz
12-06-2011, 04:21 PM

You sound like you know your stuff, which is good, do you use supplements, if any what?
+ What;s everybody's Max Reps for Squats, Dead Lifts and Bench Press?

I go to the Gym 6 days a week, for 2 hours each day. I do cardio 2 days a week, and weight lifting 4 days a week.
I also take weight gainers, muscle gainers, and protein shakes.

But yeah i hate the label "Gym Junkie" i only do all of the above is because i like to look after myself, and be the best i can be.

Gym Junkie can be annoying, but as long as your upper body is not to far forward or to far back, and your legs don't look like chickens, then i wouldn't worry :P

Jordie
12-06-2011, 09:38 PM
You sound like you know your stuff, which is good, do you use supplements, if any what?
+ What;s everybody's Max Reps for Squats, Dead Lifts and Bench Press?

Gym Junkie can be annoying, but as long as your upper body is not to far forward or to far back, and your legs don't look like chickens, then i wouldn't worry :P

Yes, I take Jack 3D before each session to increase my concentration levels and make the session more intense. I also use Met-RX Supreme Protein which ive found my best gains from. Max bench press is 90, Squats 120 Im quite strong off of my legs and Dead lift up around the 100 mark. I started as quite a small lad so it looks quite odd when i have that amount of weight on the bar. Eating the right food makes you stronger, Lots of fish, eggs and chicken!

Squizz
13-06-2011, 11:49 AM
That's some pretty solid Max reps, but i would have imagined your squats to be alot higher then compared to your bench.
I currently sit at 100 Bench, 160 Squats and 125 Deadlifts and i weigh 75 kilograms :P
I find that i don't focus calfs enough and they look a bit silly compared to the rest of my body ;D

Jordie
13-06-2011, 06:05 PM
That's some pretty solid Max reps, but i would have imagined your squats to be alot higher then compared to your bench.
I currently sit at 100 Bench, 160 Squats and 125 Deadlifts and i weigh 75 kilograms :P
I find that i don't focus calfs enough and they look a bit silly compared to the rest of my body ;D

Yeah you're doing good. Everyone's different and we all grow differently, I'd say 85% of training hard is eating the right foods, you could be one of the best trainers but if there isnt the right food in the system nothing much will happen.

Zak
14-06-2011, 03:08 AM
I train maybe twice a week. I've never been to the gym but I have enough equipment at my house, I would say I'm in ok shape. My arms are pretty big now and I've got a pretty big build overall for a slim guy :)

Squizz
14-06-2011, 07:13 AM
Yeah you're doing good. Everyone's different and we all grow differently, I'd say 85% of training hard is eating the right foods, you could be one of the best trainers but if there isnt the right food in the system nothing much will happen.
You're completely right, diet is key :)

Robi
19-06-2011, 11:20 AM
I go 4/5 times a week, mainly doing cardio and then some weights.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!