PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon 2011

Mark
15-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Just wondering what everyone's thought were on the 2011 tournament? Who do you think will win overall and how do you feel about the days leading up to it all?

Personally, I'd like to think Andy Murray can do it this year but I've been saying that for a few years now. If Nadal or Murray win then I'll be pretty happy. I'm getting quite excited now that there is only 5 days to go.

Shar
20-06-2011, 04:16 PM
I don't think Murray will win tbh

NADAL FTW

Alex3213
20-06-2011, 04:18 PM
Murray won't win.

Other top seeds I feel it's going to be quite open though :)
I think this year I'll pay more attention to the doubles because I never seem to watch them and I prefer doubles tennis over singles tennis! :P

Shar
20-06-2011, 04:20 PM
I like watching them both both but I prefer singles!

davecool656
20-06-2011, 04:46 PM
i don't think Murray will win

wixard
20-06-2011, 04:49 PM
i really have a strong dislike for nadal and it always upsets me when he wins wehhhhhhhh. but this time of year has always been my favourite cos wimbledon is just such relaxing carefree 'summer is finally starting' kinda entertainment woooo

Deak
20-06-2011, 05:02 PM
If Murray & Nadal both get to the semi's then they will face each other ... & i can see Nadal winning that & then winning the final too!

I'm not too bothered about Tennis but if im not doing anything or its the final then i will watch it.

Stephen
20-06-2011, 05:11 PM
i really have a strong dislike for nadal and it always upsets me when he wins wehhhhhhhh. but this time of year has always been my favourite cos wimbledon is just such relaxing carefree 'summer is finally starting' kinda entertainment woooo

yeah I think like that too!!!

but im gonna miss most of it grrrrr I love watching wimbledon every year. *sips my ice cold coke through a straw*

I don't think murrey mint will do it, probably nadalllllll. And with girls it's gonna be the same old

wixard
20-06-2011, 05:19 PM
schiavone looks suspiciously like a man

Mark
20-06-2011, 07:53 PM
schiavone looks suspiciously like a man

That's what i was thinking haha. After seeing Murray's match tonight no way is he in any shape to be a Wimbledon Champion as of yet. He really needs to up his game if he is ever going to win Wimbledon.

Shar
20-06-2011, 07:55 PM
yeah I think like that too!!!

but im gonna miss most of it grrrrr I love watching wimbledon every year. *sips my ice cold coke through a straw*

I don't think murrey mint will do it, probably nadalllllll. And with girls it's gonna be the same old

Williams will win for the girls..not sure which one though :P. As I don't see Murray winning this year or next tbh

Robi
20-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Murray won't win this year, between Djokovic and Nadal.

RockyHorror
20-06-2011, 10:09 PM
I can't see Murray winning and I haven't seen his draw, but if he avoids Nadal and Djokovic, I could see him getting to the semis.

Mark
24-06-2011, 06:52 PM
I can't see Murray winning and I haven't seen his draw, but if he avoids Nadal and Djokovic, I could see him getting to the semis.

I can't at this rate, he is too aggressive and gets frustrated easily, this year more than others imo. He needs to calm down because it isn't going to do him any favours...

Yupt
24-06-2011, 11:13 PM
If Djokovic can show form he had earlier in the year, then I reckon he's in with a good shout, it would be the perfect way to top whats already been a great year for him.

Murray, I personally dont think he's got it in him yet, especially seeing the way he played today.

Shar
25-06-2011, 11:55 AM
I can't at this rate, he is too aggressive and gets frustrated easily, this year more than others imo. He needs to calm down because it isn't going to do him any favours...
agreed, poor boy. He was playing quite good yesterday but he just kept letting himself get frustrated when he did something wrong.

Lamz
25-06-2011, 01:21 PM
I haven't been watching it but I need to.

Nadal & Serena Williams ftw :)

Mark
25-06-2011, 04:34 PM
I highly doubt Serena will win this year, she's been out for most of the season and has dropped to 7th seed. Djokovic all the way!

kuzkasate
25-06-2011, 05:31 PM
I highly doubt Serena will win this year, she's been out for most of the season and has dropped to 7th seed. Djokovic all the way!
Yeah, Serena and even Venus aren't doing as well this year. Maybe this could be Sharapova's year again

Shar
25-06-2011, 07:17 PM
Yeah, Serena and even Venus aren't doing as well this year. Maybe this could be Sharapova's year again

Hm I don't know about that. Venus is playing quite well I think, not to the best of her ability though. Maria won today's game but she wasn't actually playing that good and seemed a bit frustrated. She only won because the other girl was awful :P

I guess we'll have to wait and see xD

kuzkasate
25-06-2011, 07:42 PM
Hm I don't know about that. Venus is playing quite well I think, not to the best of her ability though. Maria won today's game but she wasn't actually playing that good and seemed a bit frustrated. She only won because the other girl was awful :P

I guess we'll have to wait and see xD
The William brothers aren't as good any more. I think Maria could do it if she pulls herself together, she's been too stressed and frustrated lately which gets in the way of the game.

Shar
25-06-2011, 07:45 PM
The William brothers aren't as good any more. I think Maria could do it if she pulls herself together, she's been too stressed and frustrated lately which gets in the way of the game.

Sisters*
And they are! I haven't lost my faith in them ;l
And I agree, Maria can make it to the finals if she pulls it together, I hope she does.

kuzkasate
25-06-2011, 08:08 PM
Sisters*
And they are! I haven't lost my faith in them ;l
And I agree, Maria can make it to the finals if she pulls it together, I hope she does.

They are not women!

Shar
25-06-2011, 08:15 PM
They are not women!

They are not men ;l

http://www.mysports-today.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/wimbledon-williams-sisters-venus-serena21.jpg

Think that was in '09 when Serena beat Venus

love them both :love:

Shar
28-06-2011, 08:46 PM
Who watched gentleman's doubles today? Great Britain's Fleming and Hutchins played brilliantly, not that they had much of a challenge from their opponents who didn't even win a set!

-Danube-
28-06-2011, 11:29 PM
I used to hate Tennis..... weirdly this year i've been hooked. I've watched all the games that the Williams sisters have played and obviously Andy Murrays games, then i've watched the odd Nadal one and a few of Sharapovas (think thats how you spell it).

The other day there was a match on, think it was serena williams, can't remember. But it went on for like 3 hours and i sat and watched it all without even noticing. And i watched that Andy Murray match that went on till late the other day, even though i had work the next day!!! So yes, i am well and truly hooked to Wimbledon, i feel very british!

Would like to see Andy Murray win this year, he needs to win at some point.

Gutted to see both williams sisters out yesterday. My money is on Sharapova for womens.

BoxingMan
29-06-2011, 02:01 AM
Bernard Tomic is going amazing so far! Knocking off the 5th seed and tonight if he wins against Djokovic that'd help his world ranking immensely.

Mexel
29-06-2011, 10:15 AM
I have actually watched it this year, enjoying it

Oleh
29-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Shame about federer losing to tsonga 6-3 7-6 4-6 4-6 2-6

Shar
29-06-2011, 05:33 PM
I used to hate Tennis..... weirdly this year i've been hooked. I've watched all the games that the Williams sisters have played and obviously Andy Murrays games, then i've watched the odd Nadal one and a few of Sharapovas (think thats how you spell it).

The other day there was a match on, think it was serena williams, can't remember. But it went on for like 3 hours and i sat and watched it all without even noticing. And i watched that Andy Murray match that went on till late the other day, even though i had work the next day!!! So yes, i am well and truly hooked to Wimbledon, i feel very british!

Would like to see Andy Murray win this year, he needs to win at some point.

Gutted to see both williams sisters out yesterday. My money is on Sharapova for womens.

I hope Sharapova wins!

Mark
29-06-2011, 05:50 PM
Wow! Extremely surprised to see Federer knocked out of the competition, although Tsonga is getting very good. Glad Andy Murray is to the Semi-Finals, I hope he can keep it up!

Shar
29-06-2011, 05:53 PM
I'm really glad, Federer has his go, its about time for others to have theirs.

Mark
29-06-2011, 07:13 PM
I'm really glad, Federer has his go, its about time for others to have theirs.

Very true!

dbgtz
29-06-2011, 07:32 PM
Wow! Extremely surprised to see Federer knocked out of the competition, although Tsonga is getting very good. Glad Andy Murray is to the Semi-Finals, I hope he can keep it up!

He's up against Nadal, unlikely he'll get in the finals :P

Mark
29-06-2011, 07:58 PM
He's up against Nadal, unlikely he'll get in the finals :P

Didn't think he'd win it this year tbh, although i'm sure it'll be a very exciting match! I'm still wanting Djokovic to win this year though.

Shar
29-06-2011, 08:51 PM
Didn't think he'd win it this year tbh, although i'm sure it'll be a very exciting match! I'm still wanting Djokovic to win this year though.

Ugh Djokovic
I want Nadal to win :)

Robi
30-06-2011, 08:16 AM
Nadal v Murray I think will go 5 sets.
Tsonga v Djokovic - I love Tsonga but I think Djokovic will destory him!

Nadal could be struggling with an injury so who knows!

Callum.
30-06-2011, 10:09 PM
only been once this year which is disappointing. enjoyed watching though.

Grig
01-07-2011, 04:08 PM
Murray's game is good, but in order to have the minute chance of winning Nadal he needs to go into an attacking style and not linger on court waiting for the error. If he attacks on Nadals serve and forehands, his weaker elements than he can do it. But I doubt it.

kuzkasate
01-07-2011, 04:23 PM
Murray's game is good, but in order to have the minute chance of winning Nadal he needs to go into an attacking style and not linger on court waiting for the error. If he attacks on Nadals serve and forehands, his weaker elements than he can do it. But I doubt it.

Yeah, he needs more of an attitude and needs to make the opponent move.

Grig
01-07-2011, 04:33 PM
Yeah, he needs more of an attitude and needs to make the opponent move.

On the plus side buddy, Maria's in the finals!

Davai Masha, bei suku!!! hahaha

kuzkasate
01-07-2011, 04:36 PM
On the plus side buddy, Maria's in the finals!

Davai Masha, bei suku!!! hahaha

ROFL yeah, I wish her the best of luck (look at my avatar ;) ) I was slightly worried by her start in the game against Lisicki, but mind you, she Sharapova always has poor starts in games.

Grig
01-07-2011, 05:02 PM
ROFL yeah, I wish her the best of luck (look at my avatar ;) ) I was slightly worried by her start in the game against Lisicki, but mind you, she Sharapova always has poor starts in games.

She needs to up her serve. To commit either 14 or 18 double faults in a match is the biggest crime you could make in tennis. She wins points on the game, but what you really need to do is win those cheap points on serve.

dbgtz
01-07-2011, 05:03 PM
No shock at Murrays performance now, knew it couldn't last :L

Grig
01-07-2011, 05:10 PM
No shock at Murrays performance now, knew it couldn't last :L

He can't keep his emotions at hand. When he missed that forehand volley at the net on the Nadal serve when he could have progressed to 15-40, that was the turning point for him being annoyed at himself and hence floating away from the match :p.

kuzkasate
01-07-2011, 05:23 PM
Murray looks so tense when he's playing, I mean look at Nadal, he makes it look so easy, hitting it so freely. Murray needs to pull himself together!

Shar
01-07-2011, 09:52 PM
Murray was doing quite good at first, shaaaaaaame though hehe

WOO NADAL

Inseriousity.
01-07-2011, 11:44 PM
aww wanted murray to win, just to annoy alex :(

Robi
03-07-2011, 06:39 PM
Congrats Novak Djokovic! Deserved champion!

Mark
04-07-2011, 12:20 AM
I agree! It was a fantastic game and an amazing two weeks, can't wait for next year. Congrats to Djokovic again, the new number 1 seed as of now and the Wimbledon champion!

Stephen
04-07-2011, 11:35 AM
yeah i think he played really well. Glad there were new winners this year instead of all the usual people

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!