PDA

View Full Version : Saints / Wigan

Lee
17-06-2011, 10:07 AM
This really is for anybody interested in Rugby League,

I understand not many do but please don't reply which nothing to do with what I'm about to say :P

Who do you think is going to win tonight, Saints or Wigan? My money is on Wigan (yn)

Arron
17-06-2011, 10:55 AM
COYS !

8pm kick off. These two games are always close!

I went to the DW last season where we won by one/two points, score finished something like 26-24.

P.S Hi! I've been waiting for someone to post a thread for Rugby League!

Lee
17-06-2011, 11:06 AM
Haha hello,

I went to Old Trafford to watch the SL Final, it was brilliant :)

COYS !

8pm kick off. These two games are always close!

I went to the DW last season where we won by one/two points, score finished something like 26-24.

P.S Hi! I've been waiting for someone to post a thread for Rugby League!

Arron
17-06-2011, 11:07 AM
Haha hello,

I went to Old Trafford to watch the SL Final, it was brilliant :)

For Wigan, yes. :(

Lee
17-06-2011, 11:12 AM
For Wigan, yes. :(

Haha, I support Widnes (you know, that team your relying on to provide a stadium) and we'll show you how to play next season :P

Arron
17-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Haha, I support Widnes (you know, that team your relying on to provide a stadium) and we'll show you how to play next season :P

Why thanks. Our stadium is coming on now, although I don't agree with building the stadium and a Tesco too. Sounds a bit to much like Warrington's stadium! And okay! I shall look forward to that :)

Lee
17-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Why thanks. Our stadium is coming on now, although I don't agree with building the stadium and a Tesco too. Sounds a bit to much like Warrington's stadium! And okay! I shall look forward to that :)

Yeah your right, forget the Tesco :P

We ought to learn how to play first!

Mathew
17-06-2011, 01:50 PM
Wooo, not often we get rugby league threads on here. :)

I support Batley Bulldogs (yes, Huntey... the team that you just CAN'T beat no matter how hard you try! ;)). We actually went over to an away game against Widnes last summer for the Northern Rail Cup and we've played them a couple of times this year. Widnes used to be really good but seem to be struggling a bit this year.. which is a shame because you're apparently the CHOSEN TEAM which receives support for Super League.. :P

I'd much rather get rid of Leigh to Super League to be honest... I don't think they've lost a game yet this year and they're just too good for the current division. Featherstone is another annoying team.. :P But then again Halifax appear to be coming out of nowhere too. I'm sure once / if Widnes are promoted then they'll get a boat load of money and buy good players though... which kinda defeats the object of a team in my opinion.. oh well :rolleyes:.

BUT YEAH, BATLEY WOOOO NORTHEN RAIL CUP WINNERS 2010!! ;)

Lee
17-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Haha yeah it's certain we're in Super League, and I was at the last Batley - Widnes match :P We'll take you one day, but until then I must say the chips were delicious :P

Leigh are made up of Widnes Rejects lol, Mick Nanyn for example ;) Also I find it funny they have been knocked out of the cup.

HahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahahaHahahahaha

Mathew
17-06-2011, 01:58 PM
I find it plain weird how NRL can just choose who and who doesn't get the promotion to Super League. Surely it should be based on who the better team is.. in which case this year it's Leigh. They also have an amazing stadium (although I'd guess it's owned by the Sports Centre and not the club, and that's why)?

Woo, I was probably there too cos I don't think we've missed a home game this year yet. I remember the Widnes games cos there's always a really tall, scary and quite manly grandma who shouts at the top of her voice and really makes me feel uncomfortable!! :P But yeah, can't beat our chips.. especially when they're covered in cheese mmmm.. :P

Lee
17-06-2011, 02:00 PM
eurgh, cheese, no thanks. And I remember some kids giving us lip stood at the front of us shouting for Batley and they got terrored by us :P

Mathew
17-06-2011, 02:22 PM
Causing havoc at our ground, are you?! :P

Lee
17-06-2011, 02:27 PM
asking for it if you stand at the front of 1000's of Widnes fans and shout for Batley :S

Lee
17-06-2011, 08:49 PM
Excellent performance by Wigan, Sam Tompkins is outstanding!

:G.M.T:
17-06-2011, 11:15 PM
Bulls fan here ;)

Wigan were on fire tonight, thought saints were going to do one of their amazing comebacks with 10 minutes to go but too many errors let them down. I HATE Sam Tomkins, he is a fantastic player but his arrogance and attitude gets to me.

Lee
18-06-2011, 11:20 AM
Don't understand why he gets boo'ed???

:G.M.T:
18-06-2011, 01:47 PM
Last year he was a cheat always cheated the referee to get penalties for his team, everyone knew about it apart from the refs. He hasn't been as bad this season but if you watch him he will cause trouble and then cower away when he's confronted, like I say he's a cracking player no one can take that away from him.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!