PDA

View Full Version : +9REP Questionnaire

Samantha
17-06-2011, 11:08 AM
Ok, so I have left my CoPE work a bit late and I need a few people to fill this questionnaire in, +REP to all that do! Need it doing by tomorrow at the latest.

1. Are you a student at University? (If no go to question 3)

2. Do you enjoy University?

3. What course(s) do you do/would like to do?

4. What Universities would you recommend and why?

5. Would you recommend any course(s)? If yes which course(s)?

6. (For those at University.) How much did it cost?

7. Would you recommend going to University over employment?

8. (For those at University.) Is it easy to settle in?

9. (For those at University.) What do you enjoy/not enjoy at University and why?

10. If you have a job how easy was it to find your placement?

Thank you in advance.

MizzBex
17-06-2011, 11:41 AM
1. no
2. -
3. phsychology or medicine
4. Durham - I know a few people who go there and they really enjoy it.
5. No
6. -
7. I would because getting a degree can help you get a better job in future.
8. -
9. -
10. -

Sorry, most of the questions aren't relevant to me. :S

Alkaz
17-06-2011, 11:48 AM
01. -
02. -
03. Architecture
04. Westminster - Good reputation
05. -
06. -
07. Yes
08. -
09. -
10. Not very

lawrawrrr
17-06-2011, 11:58 AM
1. No

2. -

3. English and Creative Writing

4. Lancaster, UEA and Aberystwyth - great universities, quite modern, great course and writing facilites.

5. Biomedicine for people wanting to go into medicine, as it's easier to get into, civil engineering for architecture-related course (makes it shorter too) and English/maths/languages are very employable skills

6. -

7. Yes

8. -

9. -

10. It's difficult to find any paid jobs, but work experience placements (in schools for me) are relatively easy.

GirlNextDoor15
17-06-2011, 12:11 PM
1. At the moment, no.
3. Generally, medicine. Other alternatives, psychology or business.
4. National University of Singapore or The University of Hong Kong. They are world's top universities and the standard there is quite good.
7. Yes

Arron
17-06-2011, 12:30 PM

I do a Public Services course at college at Level 3 (A Level)

I don't know to much about Universities but a lot of people talk about Edge Hill Uni around my area.

Definitely Public Services for anyone who would like to know more about the Armed and Uniformed Services such as the Police, Ambulance, Fire Brigade, Army, Navy and The Marines.

If I was looking at going to University but got a job in the Police then no, I wouldn't recommend going to University.

9. (For those at University.) What do you enjoy/not enjoy at University and why?

At the moment it's not an easy task finding a job but if you keep at it then surely an opportunity will arise.

Inseriousity.
17-06-2011, 01:21 PM
Yes

Yes

Theology + Religious Studies + Education Studies

I've only ever seen two. Teesside and York St John. I go to YSJ and it's very good but I wouldn't "recommend" it because different people suit different courses, different styles.

Again, like above, no I wouldn't. What's right for you isn't always going to be right for someone else.

£5675 if you add cost of loan + tuition fees together.

Depends on what the person wants to do.

Depends on the person. I don't really adapt very well to new environments and found it difficult, made even harder because I commute rather than stay there.

I enjoy my course, I enjoy the teachers and the students are friendly. I don't enjoy REFERENCING... because it's so annoying and ruins my flow when writing an essay!

dont have one

Zak
17-06-2011, 01:21 PM
-Yes

- No I hate it

- Computer Science BSc

- Oxford and Cambridge? Because they're the best?

- Not at cov no :\

- £3000 odd tutition fee, had £4000 maintenance loan which has lasted two years. So around £10,000 so far.

- Yes, qualifications nearly always lead to better job opportunities

- Very easy, more grown ups there. Easy people to get along with.

- Travelling, the workload is far too high and exams are hard.

- I've worked since I was 13 as a paperboy, then at 15 I worked in a pub then at 17 I worked in Morrisons. I worked in Morrisons before I started uni so I don't need/want uni placement year. They just take the **** out of there workers anyway for little or no pay.

DPS
17-06-2011, 02:29 PM
1. Are you a student at University? No

3. What course(s) do you do/would like to do? None

4. What Universities would you recommend and why? None

5. Would you recommend any course(s)? If yes which course(s)? No, No.

7. Would you recommend going to University over employment? No.

10. If you have a job how easy was it to find your placement? ....

Red
17-06-2011, 03:15 PM
1. Are you a student at University? (If no go to question 3) yes

2. Do you enjoy University? Love it

BA Modern History

I'd say go with those in the Russel group

Just do what you enjoy. There's no point doing something you think is good but hate. Fees are too expensive to be dropping out

too much :( its around 3k for university costs.. and then like that again for living

If you are academic or if your job requires a degree but its not necessarily the best route, especially with rising fees. If you better at practical side of things like a craft then pursue that.

Yea really easy :) I love having my own space and feel smothered when I come back home. I think it is easier if you live away from home. A lot of my friends who travel don't like uni at all because you miss out on the whole social side.

I love the freedom and uni life in general. I prefer independent study and having no one to chase you up. Worst thing is how all your essay dates are cramped together and then for those few weeks you don't have a life. Longest time in the lib was from 10am-7am next day. LMAO

Don't have one

Ed.
17-06-2011, 03:31 PM
1. no
3. maths
4. durham - i'm going there next year
5. no idea
6. it will cost 9k a year for 2012 entry
7. it depends what you're going to do at uni
10. very easy :) just applied and got it :)

Conservative,
17-06-2011, 03:32 PM
No

N/A

Economics and/or Mathematics

Cambridge, Oxford, London, Yale, Havard, M.I.T. York etc. - because they're highly respected. And at an Oxbridge Uni you get a masters from a bachelors course :3

What you want/good at/interested in. For me, Maths & economics because I like mathematical problems and I want to go into banking. However a more creative person would hate that. It's what suits you.

Currently, just over £3,000/year. From 2013 £9,000 per year paid AFTER graduation (once earning £21,000/year or more).

Again, what works for you. If you hate school there's no point continuing so you should go and get a job. But if you want a job that requires a degree, obviously you should.

I am starting ski instructor training - relatively easy due to my connections.

RockyHorror
17-06-2011, 03:40 PM
1. No

2. N/a

3. Architecture

4. Surrey, I once went for a tour of the campus. It's a stunning place and a friendly environment.

5. Not in a position to recommend a course.

6. N/a

7. It depends on what you want to do with your life, if you want a job where you need a degree then obviously I would recommend Uni, but I don't feel you need to go to be successful.

8. N/a

9. N/a

10. Relatively easy.

Zuth
17-06-2011, 05:15 PM
1. No

2. -

3. What course(s) do you do/would like to do? Dunno lol

4. What Universities would you recommend and why? Urmm Dunno lol

5. Would you recommend any course(s)? If yes which course(s)? Maths :)

6. (For those at University.) How much did it cost? -

7. Would you recommend going to University over employment? NOOOO

Aidenn
17-06-2011, 09:24 PM
1. Are you a student at University? (If no go to question 3) - No

3. What course(s) do you do/would like to do? - Illustration

4. What Universities would you recommend and why? De montfort, Nottingham and Lincoln, from what ive seen at there end of year shows they genuinly have a good presentation as well as some good facilities.

5. Would you recommend any course(s)? If yes which course(s)? Whichever you want to do - dont do a course at uni if you arent 100% sure.

6. (For those at University.) How much did it cost? im not at uni but for De montfort and Lincoln i believe they are charging the cap - £9,000 per year. Nottingham is slightly under.

7. Would you recommend going to University over employment? Obviously

10. If you have a job how easy was it to find your placement? -

Charlottay!
17-06-2011, 09:27 PM
1. Nope

2. -

3. Accounting and Finance

4. Any Uni top for your course

5. Something related to your career aspirations

6. -

7. Employment for myself. I'm about to start a 5 year training course that leads me to the same point as graduates without debt

8. -

9. -

10. It was easy to find the course but really hard to gain access onto the course. The office i am joining in an international company only took on 2 people

AgnesIO
17-06-2011, 09:33 PM
1. Are you a student at University? (If no go to question 3) Nope :)

3. What course(s) do you do/would like to do? Business Marketing, or possibly Accounting

4. What Universities would you recommend and why? I believe Hulls business area is superb, after they revamped it. However there are a range of universities I would recommend. Obviously the top univesities.. Oxbridge, London School of Economics those sort of places, although I believe Southampton is a very good university, which people actually have a chance of getting in to!

5. Would you recommend any course(s)? If yes which course(s)? Difficult to say. I would obviously say Business Marketing as I would love to do that sort of stuff in the future!

7. Would you recommend going to University over employment? This really depends on who you are. If you have a big career aim, or an aim which involves a degree - go and get one. Don't waste your time working in a shop or something, as you won't ever get any closer to the job you really want to do if you do that.

10. If you have a job how easy was it to find your placement? Er I am a referee? Just had to do an eight week course, since there is a demand for football referees I haven't had any problems, and can easily get two games a week.

Samantha
17-06-2011, 10:21 PM
1. Are you a student at University? (If no go to question 3) Nope :)

3. What course(s) do you do/would like to do? Business Marketing, or possibly Accounting

4. What Universities would you recommend and why? I believe Hulls business area is superb, after they revamped it. However there are a range of universities I would recommend. Obviously the top univesities.. Oxbridge, London School of Economics those sort of places, although I believe Southampton is a very good university, which people actually have a chance of getting in to!

5. Would you recommend any course(s)? If yes which course(s)? Difficult to say. I would obviously say Business Marketing as I would love to do that sort of stuff in the future!

7. Would you recommend going to University over employment? This really depends on who you are. If you have a big career aim, or an aim which involves a degree - go and get one. Don't waste your time working in a shop or something, as you won't ever get any closer to the job you really want to do if you do that.

10. If you have a job how easy was it to find your placement? Er I am a referee? Just had to do an eight week course, since there is a demand for football referees I haven't had any problems, and can easily get two games a week.

Aww, you PMed me saying I would give you your like 4000 rep I think, unlucky you'll have to wait as I've given the allocated amount out in 24 hours!

AgnesIO
17-06-2011, 10:22 PM
Aww, you PMed me saying I would give you your like 4000 rep I think, unlucky you'll have to wait as I've given the allocated amount out in 24 hours!

CRIMINAL!!

Oh well. Will be even closer once I get the rep removed from the biggest **** on the forum :L

Hollie
17-06-2011, 10:48 PM
1. no
2. -
3. medicine
4. oxford - good reputation
5. -
6. -
7. yes, better job in the future

RandomManJay
19-06-2011, 08:53 PM
Technically yes until July 1st when my course officially ends.

Yes :).

What I do/did: BSc Honours Psychology.
What I would also like to do: Media, Teaching.

Staffordshire (since its the university I've attended ;P), Liverpool Hope, Aberystwyth, York, Lancaster, and UCLAN.

Yes. Psychology, Counselling, Forensic Science, Media, Criminology, Journalism.

The tuition fees for my last year was £3290. I think my second year was £3250. I can't remember my first year, although I know it was above £3000.

It really depends on what you want to do, and if the course you choose is going to help you in the future career you want or not.

It was. Universities always try help students get well adjusted to uni life, and new people. After Freshers' Week and the first week of the course, I found a few good friends and things just kept getting better.

What I did enjoy was the openness of the university and the helpful nature of the faculty I was involved with. I loved most of the modules and topics I was studying and at times even enjoyed doing the assignments. I really enjoyed the night life also, with particular regards to Comedy Night which was a 2 weekly event held at Staffordshire Universities' Ember Lounge.

What I didn't enjoy, in particular in the third year, was a policy the university introduced which meant that in order to qualify for a resit, you had to submit something for an assignment by deadline, where beforehand it was simply if you didn't submit or failed, you qualified for a resit. Although I always handed in my coursework on time, the added pressure from it was immense. I also didn't like having to do presentations, but that was really a course specific thing as some courses don't require you to do them.

At the moment I don't have a job, but the career I'm looking into, it does seem easy to find a placement, once you have the right certification in place.

Narnat,
19-06-2011, 09:42 PM
1. Are you a student at University? (If no go to question 3) -

2. Do you enjoy University? -

3. What course(s) do you do/would like to do? -

4. What Universities would you recommend and why? Stirling, it has a high outcome rate

5. Would you recommend any course(s)? If yes which course(s)? Do something that you enjoy

6. (For those at University.) How much did it cost? -

7. Would you recommend going to University over employment? I think employment would make you more independent

8. (For those at University.) Is it easy to settle in? -

9. (For those at University.) What do you enjoy/not enjoy at University and why? -

10. If you have a job how easy was it to find your placement? Fairly easy if you have the right grades.

Cosmic
19-06-2011, 11:00 PM

Yep!

Depends on the day of the week.

English and Creative Writing

Chester. Great city, and a smallish uni that has a good community feel.

English because it's magical and the texts studied are pretty darn good.

Over 3k a year (can't remember the exact sum)

Certainly. It's a great experience and it has already taught me a lot about independence, and that's aside from my subject choice.

I think it depends on the circumstances. For me, I found it easy to settle in as I am/was placed in a house with 4/5 other people and I found that easier than I would do if I had been staying in halls.

The variety of texts that I study and the subject matter can be very interesting. The only thing I really don't enjoy is the assignments, but I think that's to be expected.

Lost_Addict
20-06-2011, 12:10 PM
Are you a student at University? (If no go to question 3) - No

3. What course(s) do you do/would like to do? - Media technology studies.

4. What Universities would you recommend and why? - Lancaster - amazing place, amazing campus, high up in league table.

5. Would you recommend any course(s)? If yes which course(s)? - Thats down to personal preferance so with me it's Media

6. (For those at University.) How much did it cost? - Well i'm going this year and it's costing me about £8k for Course and acommedation

7. Would you recommend going to University over employment? - Depends what suits you better

10. If you have a job how easy was it to find your placement? - Easy enough, applying to be a paintball marshal is stupidly formal :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!