PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Hotels

Alexx..
20-06-2011, 01:43 PM
It seems like some of you have been to Orlando here, so I was wondering which hotels you've stayed at?

I'm looking for a new one to stay at, cause the one I usually stay at has closed down.

So, GO ON :)

Phil
20-06-2011, 02:47 PM
I think getting a house is so much more fun :(

MizzBex
20-06-2011, 02:52 PM
I went a few years ago and stayed at the swan and dolphin hotel in disney world

Mathew
20-06-2011, 07:15 PM
Here's where we've stayed in Orlando:

1997 - Holiday Inn Nikki Bird
1999 - Sheraton Four Points / Hilton
2000 - Disney's All Star Resort
2001 - Travelodge Maingate East
2002 - Sheraton World Resort
2003 - La Quinta Lakeside
2003 - Disney Cruise and Raddison Parkway
2004 - Disney Cruise and Homewood Suites by Hilton
2004 - Hilton Disney World (on Hotel Blvd next to Downtown Disney)
2005 - Disney Cruise and Best Western Lakeside (La Quinta Lakeside; sold to BW)
2005 - Best Western Lakeside again
2006 - Courtyard by Marriott and Royal Caribbean Cruise
2006 - Comfort Inn
2007 - Fairfield Inn
2007 - Courtyard by Marriott
2008 - Windsor Hills (we rented a villa this time) - Disney Cruise - Fairfield Inn
2008 - Country Inn and Suites - Royal Caribbean Cruise - Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
2008 - Fairfield Inn
2008 - Fairfield Inn
2009 - Country Inn and Suites
2009 - Disney's Old Key West - Disney Cruise - Regal Sun Resort (on Hotel Blvd next to Downtown Disney)
2010 - Hampton Inn
2010 - Country Inn and Suites - Royal Pacific Resort (Universal) - Disney's Old Key West
2011 - Holiday Inn Express
2011 - Disney's Old Key West - Disney Cruise - Holiday Inn (on Hotel Blvd next to Downtown Disney)

We stay at Disney's Old Key West Resort each August which is one of their deluxe resorts. It can get quite confusing, but to put things simple - if you stay there during certain dates (and if you're from the UK) then you can qualify for free Disney Dining Plan. This means that you get one table service, one counter service and one snack per day, included with your room and ticket. If you want to know more about the DDP then let me know, but I don't think you can book now for August 2011 due to high demand. :P

As you can see above, we really tend to stay around the Lake Buena Vista area now, which is just off Disney property (about a 2 minute drive from Downtown Disney). I really recommend this area, pretty much due to the large selection of decent hotels and easy access to Disney. It's only about a 15 minute drive up to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure... and probably a 6 or 7 minute drive to Sea World.

Which hotel did you stay at previously (that is now closed) out of interest? :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!