PDA

View Full Version : Villas-Boas confirmed as new Chelsea manager

Matthew
22-06-2011, 05:51 PM
Thoughts?

Is he too young?
He's younger than some players at Chelsea, and he's only just older than many of them..

Obviously he's q good manager, I just hope that Roman gives him a chance :/

---

Well done, you've found the head of a cockroach! We're nearly there, just one more ingredient to find! The witch has left us some pictures. Identify what each picture contains and the first letter of each picture will reveal the location of the next ingredient.

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/1082/puzzlek.png

FlyingJesus
22-06-2011, 06:02 PM
I think one bonus that sets him apart from some of the others who were supposedly in the running for it is that he's already been at Chelsea - he was an assistant and I believe scout for Mourinho, so obviously he knows how success at the club can be wrought. Quite excited to see how this one pans out

Matthew
22-06-2011, 06:08 PM
I think one bonus that sets him apart from some of the others who were supposedly in the running for it is that he's already been at Chelsea - he was an assistant and I believe scout for Mourinho, so obviously he knows how success at the club can be wrought. Quite excited to see how this one pans out

Yeah he was a scout :)

He sure had a fantastic season with Porto last season, but I suppose the premier league is a completely different 'ball game'. Good luck to him though, I'm really excited about this guy!

Shar
22-06-2011, 06:08 PM
It will be really interesting to see how he does. Personally I don't think he's too young, his age doesn't matter as long as he does a good job ;p

Matthew
22-06-2011, 06:13 PM
It will be really interesting to see how he does. Personally I don't think he's too young, his age doesn't matter as long as he does a good job ;p
True, but because he is so young (younger than some of the people he will be coaching) it might be hard for him to gain the respect or trust of his team.

I'm sure that he'll be fine; as long as he does a good job of course!

Shar
22-06-2011, 06:46 PM
True, but because he is so young (younger than some of the people he will be coaching) it might be hard for him to gain the respect or trust of his team.

I'm sure that he'll be fine; as long as he does a good job of course!

Respect has to be earned though, if he does well he might earn the respect. That's what I think anyway!

Yupt
22-06-2011, 08:10 PM
These are professional football players, they will know how to respect anyone that comes to them. Plus, they all trust Roman so they will also accept his decision.

Sharon
22-06-2011, 08:39 PM
I don't think that because he's young the players would have less respect for him, well I hope not. I hope he does good!

Spuds
22-06-2011, 09:22 PM
In a way I'm disappointed as it would have been interesting to see how far he could take Porto in the Champions League however I'm also excited to see how he'll do in the Premiership and how he'll command the respect from the Chelsea players. Unlike Mourinho he hasn't won the Champions League to demand respect, what's to stop Droga, Lampard, Terry etc questioning his method? It'll be interesting but in general should be an excellent appointment. I mean, £20,000,000 for Henderson or £13,000,000 for an exciting managerial prospect? I know what I'd rather have.

JackBuddy
22-06-2011, 10:35 PM
He only said a few weeks ago that how he loves being Porto manager and he couldn't see himself leaving for a few years. I would have stayed longer if I were him- he was/is always bound for a job at a top club. This year's CL could have been amazing but it's a shame to see decent attacking teams like Udinese, Porto and Dortmund weaken significantly before the tournament has even begun.

It will be interesting to see if Abramovich will have enough patience and allow AVB to make his mark on the club.

Check out this scouting report he did when he was at Chelsea:
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01927/art18-1_1927022a.pdf

Btw, Abramovich has now spent £69m on hiring and firing managers (not including wages)

Pigperson
01-07-2011, 10:42 PM
I don't think the age is really a big problem. People who are old and more experienced still muck it up. I think he will do good for Chelsea.

Will

Skittle
14-07-2011, 05:14 PM
Hopefully he makes Chelsea fail for this season :L

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!