PDA

View Full Version : +9REP ICT Help!

Samantha
30-06-2011, 07:57 PM
For my ICT work in the second year I need to pick a company and make two paper based systems computerised.
I decided on a Youth Group I used to go to and I have to fill out a proposal form to the Head of ICT about the systems that I wish to implement.

I decided to do one where they have a computer-based register instead of a paper-based one.
The other one was where the parents give the staff their email addresses and when important information is sent home with the children then it can be sent via email address too just incase the information the children takes home are lost or forgotten about.

However, I got my proposal form back and I need to basically tell the Head of ICT what my system will do and I wondered if you could help.

Proposal one:

Mysystem is scrapping the paper-based registers that the company use and swappingthem for a database on a system as this will allow them to have vital contactinformation about each child. This would help if there was an emergency andalso disables the possibility of losing the paper register that they have donemany times before.

Proposal two:

Theother proposal is when children get paper based information such as leaflets orposters that are required to be given to their parent/guardians. If they losethe paper-based copy then the parent/guardians could give the staff theire-mail addresses for future reference for when more important information isgiven to the children. This would mean that if the children forget or lose theinformation then the parent/guardians could log onto their e-mails to retrievethe information as the staff would have sent them to the parent/guardians.
The outputs will be the emails that the parentsreceive, the information that the staff will give.

The comments I got back:

TutorComments: You haven’t said what your system will do, except store details ofmembers. What processing will take place? (Calculations, combining data etc?)What outputs will there be? Ensure it has a couple of purposes. Add more detailto this, then send me it back

Rep for any useful answers if you can make the blue bits better and incorporate the comments the Head gave me as I'm not sure what to do :(!

Meanies
30-06-2011, 08:04 PM
For my ICT work in the second year I need to pick a company and make two paper based systems computerised.
I decided on a Youth Group I used to go to and I have to fill out a proposal form to the Head of ICT about the systems that I wish to implement.

I decided to do one where they have a computer-based register instead of a paper-based one.
The other one was where the parents give the staff their email addresses and when important information is sent home with the children then it can be sent via email address too just incase the information the children takes home are lost or forgotten about.

However, I got my proposal form back and I need to basically tell the Head of ICT what my system will do and I wondered if you could help.

Proposal one:

[/SIZE][/FONT]

Proposal two:

The comments I got back:

[/SIZE][/FONT]

Rep for any useful answers if you can make the blue bits better and incorporate the comments the Head gave me as I'm not sure what to do :(!

For number one there isn't really that much more you can do since it's just a register.. and since its for a youth club you can't really make it so they can mark them as late or something because do they do that..? You could make it produce reports of how often people attended, not sure what else

For number two you could make a form which you can email the parent of the child or send a letter home to them from the information stored in the system

I remember having to do this when I was in school(H)

Samantha
30-06-2011, 08:06 PM
Oh yeah, in my review thing whatever it's called I did say how it could log the attendance of the children so they get rewarded for coming and for how many times they've come etc.

And, I'll try that for the second one too, what have I got to lose? :D!

Edit: I'll +REP ASAP gave too much out at the moment.

Oleh
01-07-2011, 02:55 AM
proposal 1:

The register system will log each individual youth as either attending or non-attending and will sort them thusly verifying who is in attendance and who isn't. As well as merely seeing who is here it will also enable youth centre workers to also view students vital information such as picture, contacts details such as address and home phone number as well as any medication which needs to be taken in case of emergency.

That is all I could rustle up

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!