PDA

View Full Version : Employment rights - advise and help please.

Unbilotitled
02-07-2011, 06:27 PM
Ok first of all I work at Tesco. I'm 17 and I was employe last year to work 3-11pm on a Sunday. About 3 months ago I was asked to do 5:30am - 12am on a Saturday. So I thought I would help him out by doing this.

It has been 4 months now and I'm struggeling especially as I'm at college Monday - Friday. So I filed for my hours to be reduced so I will only work a Sunday.

I was told today they have re hired someone to do my Saturday shift 5:30 - 12. But they said they can't lose me on the saturday team. So they said come in 9 - 3. - I don't want to do this. But if I don't do this I have to come in at 5:30. So I have no choice I really don't understand this.

Management said they will try and sort this out within 2 weeks but there is mp gaurentee. I feel like I'm being taken advantage of as I'm only 17. I'm run down and depressed.

Other things to conciser are:

I have never seen or signed a contract of employment.
Management also faked my signature for 4 weeks running for the 'team 5' log book which I was not impressed about.

I want to know my rights and what I should do. If there is no change I will have no choice but to resign.

All help will be much appreciated.

Misawa
02-07-2011, 06:35 PM
As far as your shift goes, they're your hours that you agreed on and you technically have no right to change them, you can only ask and hope for the best, which obviously you have done. The only way out if they have refused is to hand in your notice.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!