View Full Version : Drive, Switch, Go - Better Place

Mathew
03-07-2011, 01:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3Os25gP4yA&feature=feedlik

http://www.betterplace.com/

Future of driving? Looks brilliant.

Shar
03-07-2011, 01:44 PM
That looks really cool, it would be amazing if this became the future of driving

myke
03-07-2011, 01:47 PM
I really like this idea, it's definitely something new!

tdi
03-07-2011, 07:47 PM
It sounds like the best option to have an electric car, as all the previous attempts were terrible. I can imagine that it's great for people who aren't really interested in cars but it weighs down to: heavy battery in the rear of the car with not a lot of power.

The system is good but like I say with all electric cars, if you run out of proper fuel somewhere, you can walk to the petrol station and fill up a jerry can. If you run out of electric in this, you can't exactly go down to the nearest electric station and carry one of those batteries back to your car.

And furthermore, if renewable energy IS indeed the future the Hydrogen fuel cell is definately where it is at. Why aren't we using it? There is so much more tax on fuel and electricity. Shell, BP etc have more than enough expenditure to buy the Hydrogen development people out of business. We won't see Hydrogen until every last drop of non-renewable fuels is used up

Technologic
08-07-2011, 09:22 PM
Shame the factories used to produce the batteries are more damaging than co2

j0rd
08-07-2011, 09:25 PM
It definitely looks cool, but I cant ever see these coming into place in the future though :(

GommeInc
08-07-2011, 10:16 PM
A nice idea, but the pro of "only waiting 5 minutes maximum to change the battery" isn't a very good one. You have to stop every 5 minutes when the battery runs out, so the time adds up to about the same as filling up at a petrol station - if not more! I'd much rather drive a Hydrogen car than a battery powered car. A car that weighs a lot isn't really appealing to me, and I like performance too, and these sorts of cars lack it.

But it's one idea that could work, although I'd imagine reliability would put many people off. It's interesting to see the Fluenze Z.E. though :P

Recursion
09-07-2011, 08:50 AM
It sounds like the best option to have an electric car, as all the previous attempts were terrible. I can imagine that it's great for people who aren't really interested in cars but it weighs down to: heavy battery in the rear of the car with not a lot of power.

The system is good but like I say with all electric cars, if you run out of proper fuel somewhere, you can walk to the petrol station and fill up a jerry can. If you run out of electric in this, you can't exactly go down to the nearest electric station and carry one of those batteries back to your car.

And furthermore, if renewable energy IS indeed the future the Hydrogen fuel cell is definately where it is at. Why aren't we using it? There is so much more tax on fuel and electricity. Shell, BP etc have more than enough expenditure to buy the Hydrogen development people out of business. We won't see Hydrogen until every last drop of non-renewable fuels is used up

We can use Hydrogen, the technology is there now, it's just we don't have the infrastructure to support it in the UK... we need a government to subsidize it or something to get people to build hydrogen filling stations. The last thing we want is for the likes of Shell or BP to buy it all up, that's where the price of it will be stupidly inflated.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!