PDA

View Full Version : Areva has left the building...

Areva
04-07-2011, 04:00 PM
As of now, I will officially be leaving Habbo & all affiliation with this product. I have been thinking about leaving for some time now, if you know me; you will know I only play semi-annually but heavily. I would like to thank everyone for being my friend, knowing me and above all being part of the community.

The reason I am leaving is due to many reasons, one I'm a little too old (19) and I have been playing habbo hotel since 2003. I also do not have the time and I should concentrate on my professional development as a Paramedic.

Secondly I find that Habbo has gotten worse over the years, there has been a decline in users since the merge; as well a larger proposition of scammers have entered the building. This deeply upsets me as I live my life honestly. Stealing is wrong, whether on a online game or in the real world; this deeply upsets me.

I find that this game isn't the same game I signed up to, there is increasing advertisement, habbo credit prices are beyond a joke. £0.13p a credit? WTF?

Now to Customer service? Back on the UK Server, Habbo once helped there users, the game was about you and not a large corporation. Were just a merely dot on the £57,000,000 turn over. Your be lucky to get a reply these days under the new current query system. Good luck!

What did habbo do? I know next make super expensive competitions which discriminates 99% of the habbo population - this will increase revenue sales.

I know next add Market exchange tax - So we can make more money.

I know next fire all the Moderators that did their jobs and add foreign people who barely speak English! Luckily for us they have a set amount of copy and paste tools which tells us to use the help query.

Today on habbo, you can hack, scam, use sexual abuse, give out your personal details and no one will do anything about it. But be warned if you flood your looking at a ban!

Encrypting my data

You probably know, a lot of people have been hacked in the last 48 hours, Sulake has told me this is a User error and this is not their responsibility or have any part to play in this. That's fair enough since the T&C we agreed to it.

But in reality who is really to blame for the latest exploit? hackers? You (If you been hacked) or Sulake?

Sulake Ltd have the responsibility to ensuring our data is secure and that it does not fall into the wrong hands, although azacly that happened. Due to habbo not properly encrypting are data. No one should be able to click on a Website such as a Official blogging site and have their account taken away, without giving any personal information. It was Sulake's fault for merging your account with theirs, it was Sulake's fault that they gave out your password. It was Sulake's fault for no longer asking for a DOB to change your details, It was Sulake's fault for having poor security flaws. In fact I respect the hacker, bravo on him. As stated already Sulake gave your account to the wrong hands, not you. Of course you had your roll in it too, but primarily it is the company fault - It makes SONY have northing on Sulake.

Just to add some extracts from another blog; take a look at this:

"Competitions:

• were meant to be challenging, fun, and exciting.
• winning was relatively attainable with concerted effort.
• Competitions were intended for EVERYONE to participate in

• almost always has a money incentive now.
• extremely difficult to win due to huge community population
• Some competitions are now hidden based on your geographic location

Staff:

• ineracted with community players and visited rooms from time to time
• were extremely cool and seemed more passionate about their jobs
• MODs actually helped for once and CFHs were actually useful
• Random Hotel Alerts were something to laugh about

• Staff isolate themselves at all costs unless absolute neccessary (ie. promotion event)
• MODs are strictly told not to visit guestrooms; CFHs are automated
• What's a hotel alert?

Games:

• SS, WS, and BB were extremely fun games to play.
• Mazes were actually challenging at one point.
• "Tripping" was still possible.
• Wobble Squabble was a hotel classic.
• Community Games hosted by staff were something to look forward too.

• SS, WS, and BB all removed to save "money"
• New Games introduced in Guest Rooms to gain "money"
• Staff no longer host community games.

Updates:

• Stacking Destroyed
• Free-rights rooms removed - (Kick-wars extinct)
• Exchange-Tax - A quick way to con players into spending more $$$.
• Dropping Furni Removed - Suprise "donations" no longer
• Tagging System - Do you think I want my name tagged?
• Navigation System re-modified making room populating more difficult
• Guestbook Posts deleted (FYI: Staff delete 90% of your posts if it gets too high)
• Forum Thread Limitations
• Photos Removed
• Cannot Gift Coins
• Habbo IDs
• Pixel Effects

And what the heck... you can't trade wired? Gee, I wonder why.

Community:

• People were so much more friendly and acted much more mature.
• The hotel use to be more personal and many people knew each other by name
• The hotel was united as ONE community

• The merge forced segregation and country wars (some insisting their country is the best)
• The number of pre-mature adolescents has increased significantly
• The game is no longer personal (though this was inevitable anyways with a growing population)

Merge:

• Despite the 80%+ disapproval rate, the merge proceeded anyways.
• "Rare" names altered to include symbols
• Little concern for player input
• USA Values destroyed --> Unfair advantage for other hotels were values thrived

The list goes on and on... Source Fierycold Blog

The point is, I can only see habbo getting worse and worse.... Therefore I wish you all the best. thank you for those who supported me with my trade room, thank you for betting me and thank you for being my friend!

Thank you & Goodbye!

- Joey
Areva

Thread moved by Infectious (Forum Super Moderator): From "Welcome To Habbox Forum / Goodbye", as it is better suited here!

Sharon
04-07-2011, 04:09 PM
Bye... :)

davecool656
04-07-2011, 04:14 PM
bye :(

Inseriousity.
04-07-2011, 04:23 PM
dunno why people say its harder to win habbo comps nowadays. from what i can remember, its always been hard to win them!

but anyway, bye, good luck with the future :D

Jssy
04-07-2011, 04:27 PM
Tbh I give you credit for taking the time to write all that lol, I guess everybody will grow out of it sometime though so bye and good luck with your career :)

Stephen
04-07-2011, 05:03 PM
seriously **** off am I reading that without a tl;dr

bye

Maatt.
04-07-2011, 05:33 PM
Good Bye!
Have a nice life.
Good luck in being a paramedic :)

Aaron
04-07-2011, 07:12 PM
Read the entire thing, well written. Best of luck as a Paramedic and good luck in the future!

Jurv
04-07-2011, 08:20 PM
It's a shame you're leaving but I suppose you have your reasons. I wish you the best of luck with everything in the future! :)

Vernier
04-07-2011, 08:38 PM
Going to miss you Joey, U were always there for me! Thanks for everything! Best of luck in the real world and best of luck as a paramedic! Peace man. Bye. :(

Robi
04-07-2011, 09:15 PM
Best of luck, make sure you visit! :)

!!BeWise!!
04-07-2011, 10:06 PM
Although I've never talked to you, hope you become a Paramedic!

Narnat,
04-07-2011, 10:44 PM
Well at least you have a fair reason, Best of luck with your career!

vz
04-07-2011, 11:48 PM
Cya man, good luck in your future.

A
05-07-2011, 12:41 AM
It's ashame your leaving. Anyhow Good-Luck!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!