PDA

View Full Version : Dash Cam: Hit & Run

myke
08-07-2011, 12:46 PM
So one of the latest crazes is dash cams, they're on an endless record loop with an SD card in and if you have a crash, you press a button on it and it'll store say the last hour of footage on the SD card so that you can prove it wasn't your fault... look what this guy's picked up, he's not a cop and he's just a normal guy evidently.

I was gobsmacked

*WARNING, VIDEO CONTAINS LIGHT SWEARING*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ex6dHzcgOE&feature=player_embedded

Edited by -Danube- (Assistant General Manager) : Please include warnings and spoilers is a video includes swearing, thanks

LMS16
08-07-2011, 01:06 PM
This is exaclty why I thing insurance companies/licensing auth need to rethink their "games". Just because someone has 20 odd yrs no claims, theyre safer drivers.

CHEAPER INSURANCE FOR YOUNGSTERS! lol

Lew.

NiomiJarvis
08-07-2011, 02:14 PM
Wow, awesome video! They must be really brave to face off with that heartless old women! They should be like, neighborhood police or something - undercover! :D

dbgtz
08-07-2011, 02:57 PM
Holy **** I didn't expect that, gotta love these guys. What happened to the person hit?

myke
08-07-2011, 03:12 PM
He's alive, she had to pay compensation (500 quid) and no he's not a cop. I believe he was done for dangerous driving or something.

syko2006
12-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Oh my God! That's incredible! How can anybody in their right mind do that and then deny it? That's madness.

@K
13-07-2011, 12:22 PM
I'm ashamed to be from that area, not Southall but the next town along, Hayes. It is absolutely typical that something like that would come from that part of London, it is disgusting. From what I could tell as well, my girlfriend walks down that road to go to work where that geezer got run over, I'm just grateful it wasn't her.

GommeInc
13-07-2011, 12:37 PM
Stupid cow, I hate people who can happily lie in front of someone who has witnessed an incident happen. However, saying that, this man isn't too innocent either. Yes she caused an accident, but so could this man :P Did anyone else notice he did the exact same thing when he overtook those cars to go down a road on the right just like the woman had done? Plus the amount of driving he had done to catch up to her was pretty dangerous too. Thankfully no one was hurt and I think to punish him would be a bit harsh as he helped the course of justice. These cameras are a bit dodgy as they are not just used as evidence for the person you're following, but for you as well which is what happened here. Some people may also use them to pretend their the police, like these men who were strangely happy to criticise another persons driving like they were quoting the Highway Code, when they weren't angels either :P

Camy
13-07-2011, 02:32 PM
That's crazy, I fully wasn't expecting that. Just shows you how many ******* idiots are on the roads, and the fact she sped off and then tried to deny it all just makes me so angry.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!