PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter in Spanish

=Lizzy
23-07-2011, 08:39 AM
Basically, I'm taking Spanish GCSE and am in a class who have been doing it for three years, I've been doing it for 1 because of second language. My friend suggested getting a book in Spanish to learn about grammar and stuff.

Do you think that it will help?
And what other books should i get in another language

Thread moved by Infectious (Forum Super Moderator): From "Discuss Anything", as it is probably better suited here.

kuzkasate
23-07-2011, 09:26 AM
It depends on your level of Spanish. If it's not good at all then Harry Potter isn't really a good idea, I'd go for something a little basic and then start reading more and more harder texts and stuff, but start of with some basics so you know what level you're at.

I also recommend that you go on YouTube and listen to some Spanish poems or other texts - this helped my friend EXTREMELY when he did French.

=Lizzy
23-07-2011, 09:32 AM
I have basic books and stuff i found that easy, yeah i listen to youtube songs it helps a lot! I wanted to try a more challenging book, and as i know the hp books in English I thought it would be a good idea not sure though.

kuzkasate
23-07-2011, 10:00 AM
In that case you should. Some guy did the exact same thing and he did not know Spanish at all - the only help he had was knowing the book in English and he found it quite easy I think, take a look here: http://www.mugglenet.com/editorials/editorials/edit-robbie6.shtml

Leporee
23-07-2011, 02:38 PM
I would look into Rosetta Stone but it's a bit expensive. I'm trying to learn Spanish myself just to know enough to get by. What I found very helpful is when i'm driving I listen to "Learn Spanish" C.D.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!