PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Cup Tomoz!!!

Lamz
29-07-2011, 10:44 PM
The emirates cup is tomoz woooo!!!

I'll be attending ofc!

Arsenal v Boca Juniors & Red Bulls Vs PSG

any1 interested in the Emirates cup??

btw, if you watch it on ESPN... you might see me I'm West Stand seat 45 Turnstile A (Near the Squad & Manager)

Kasabian
29-07-2011, 10:57 PM
4 way match? Interesting ;)

Nah, I'll be at Telford v Burton.

Was only interested in the Emirates cup when I went with Rangers.

Lamz
29-07-2011, 11:04 PM
4 way match? Interesting ;)

Nah, I'll be at Telford v Burton.

Was only interested in the Emirates cup when I went with Rangers.

OMG U was there!? I was too! I was in the rangers wing 'cause i got the wrong ticket, :L

Kasabian
29-07-2011, 11:06 PM
yeah haha. :) I travel as much as possible with Rangers. Hard to get to home games though :(

Lamz
29-07-2011, 11:12 PM
always sold out???

Kasabian
29-07-2011, 11:27 PM
always sold out???

Can be for the bigger games, cost of travelling from the west midlands to glasgow kills me aswell. Lucky to make 3/4 games a season.

Lamz
29-07-2011, 11:31 PM
Can be for the bigger games, cost of travelling from the west midlands to glasgow kills me aswell. Lucky to make 3/4 games a season.

ah I see! You rangers lot are the funniest i swear to god, I was with my cousin when I went to Arsenal Athletico & Rangers PSG & the **** you do it's hilarious! i love that 10 German bombers chant

Cypher-
31-07-2011, 08:42 AM
Up the gers! Im an Arsenal fan first and foremost though, emirates cup is always good for preseason and yesterday it highlighted our ever-growing need for our defence problems...

A4R0N
31-07-2011, 08:51 AM

omg tom your a rangers fan :O you need to tell me when your coming up for a home game :D

DPS
31-07-2011, 09:26 AM
Dont really care much for arsenal tbh.

Celtic all the way, saying that i live in london, but i was born in glasgow, ive got a season ticket for celtic games, only bad thing is how much i spend getting to scotland, its ok because i drive, but still alot of petrol money.

Lamz
31-07-2011, 11:45 AM
Up the gers! Im an Arsenal fan first and foremost though, emirates cup is always good for preseason and yesterday it highlighted our ever-growing need for our defence problems...

Boca did play good yesterday though I have to admit but what confused me the most is why the hell did Van Persie & Jack Wilshere get subbed @ half time :/

Also, the defense are silly... Its a corner... They ALL push up to the edge of the box :/ then boca break away via counter

Jack.Lfc
31-07-2011, 05:23 PM
Arsnal getting booed off for not wining a friendly hahaha

Lamz
31-07-2011, 07:09 PM
Arsnal getting booed off for not wining a friendly hahaha

it wasn't the players gettin' boo'ed it was Mr ******** Wenger

Jack.Lfc
31-07-2011, 07:21 PM
Aha its about time he did he's got away with loads.

StefanWolves
01-08-2011, 09:33 AM
Woo lets get excited over glory hunters being excited over pre-season

Wooooooooohooooooo

Lamz
01-08-2011, 09:35 AM
Aha its about time he did he's got away with loads.

he is under too much pressure & he can't handle it... This has to be his last season, because when you can't even win the EC that's when you know the manager of the team is ****** up.

People are saying: "Everytime we won the EC, we don't win the EPL so maybe this is a sign that the EPL is ours"

no way! if you can't win a friendly tournament made of four teams... how in Jesus name are you goin' to win a serious tournament with 20 teams???

StefanWolves
01-08-2011, 09:37 AM
Youd be nowhere without Wenger, even tho he is a ****.

Lamz
01-08-2011, 10:10 AM
Youd be nowhere without Wenger, even tho he is a ****.

he is taking us nowhere now...

he was good 6 years ago, very good 8 years ago now... he is terrible

Spuds
01-08-2011, 11:26 AM
Where's ya Clichy gone, where's ya Clichy gone.

StefanWolves
01-08-2011, 11:44 AM
Where's ya Clichy gone, where's ya Clichy gone.
Not to mention toure, bayor, viera........

Spuds
01-08-2011, 11:48 AM
Not to mention toure, bayor, viera........
I wanted to add Nasri to it but I can't!

Lamz
01-08-2011, 12:57 PM
:L talk about taking the piss... they are glory hunters.

clichy is going to City 'cos he wants the fame & money
Viera is just...
Campbell can **** he left for Portsmouth... lol
Gallas is a ****! Gunners to yids... he needs to die
Fabregas... i don't care anymore.

RVP true gunner.

Spuds
01-08-2011, 01:01 PM
Clichy want's trophies.

Lamz
01-08-2011, 01:07 PM
Clichy want's trophies.

hence why he is a glory hunter & wants the fame & money...

Trophies = Fame & Money

Spuds
01-08-2011, 01:13 PM
hence why he is a glory hunter & wants the fame & money...

Trophies = Fame & Money
He didn't move for the money and fame, he picked up a 7K pw payrise which in footballing terms is nothing, especially when signing for Manchester City. He noticed Arsenal aren't going anywhere but backwards and saw it as the right time to jump ship, just like Nasri is wanting to do. If Nasri moves I'm putting money on Arsenal dropping out of the top four.

Lamz
01-08-2011, 01:19 PM
He didn't move for the money and fame, he picked up a 7K pw payrise which in footballing terms is nothing, especially when signing for Manchester City. He noticed Arsenal aren't going anywhere but backwards and saw it as the right time to jump ship, just like Nasri is wanting to do. If Nasri moves I'm putting money on Arsenal dropping out of the top four.

he didn't move for money but he got a 7k payrise :S

Nasri is my fav player on the squad atm so if he does go to united i will be devistated.

I reckon Arsenal will come 6th (behind Liverpool & spurs)

Spuds
01-08-2011, 01:21 PM
he didn't move for money but he got a 7k payrise :S

Nasri is my fav player on the squad atm so if he does go to united i will be devistated.

I reckon Arsenal will come 6th (behind Liverpool & spurs)
As I said, a 7K payrise is nothing in footballing terms, Liverpool offered more. That 7K is just an additional "here you go", to a footballer it's nothing. If Birmingham offered Clichy 57K pw and Manchester City offered him 50K pw he'd opt for Manchester City due to the prospect of trophies.

Lamz
01-08-2011, 01:25 PM
As I said, a 7K payrise is nothing in footballing terms, Liverpool offered more. That 7K is just an additional "here you go", to a footballer it's nothing. If Birmingham offered Clichy 57K pw and Manchester City offered him 50K pw he'd opt for Manchester City due to the prospect of trophies.

but before the FA Cup win for city... who were they??? they were the team that was doing good but not superb. Since they have won the FA Cup a lot of players have licked there backsides.

Spuds
01-08-2011, 01:26 PM
but before the FA Cup win for city... who were they??? they were the team that was doing good but not superb. Since they have won the FA Cup a lot of players have licked there backsides.

Remind me what Arsenal have won since 2005?

Lamz
01-08-2011, 01:29 PM
Remind me what Arsenal have won since 2005?

the Emirates cup for 5 years ;)

lol, jkjk they've won nothing. thats why Arsene either fix's up his ways & tactics or goes.

2 years was okay but 6 years of nothing & then not even winning the EC...

Spuds
01-08-2011, 01:30 PM
the Emirates cup for 5 years ;)

lol, jkjk they've won nothing. thats why Arsene either fix's up his ways & tactics or goes.

2 years was okay but 6 years of nothing & then not even winning the EC...

So Arsenal are doing good but not superb?

Lamz
01-08-2011, 01:32 PM
So Arsenal are doing good but not superb?

yeah, we qualify for leagues we just don't win them

Spuds
01-08-2011, 01:35 PM
yeah, we qualify for leagues we just don't win them
Twenty teams per year qualify for the league, nineteen of them don't win it, anyway, you've just said Arsenal are doing good but not superb and earlier said before the FA Cup victory Manchester City were doing good but not superb, which hints that since then you believe they've improved, so surely a move away from Arsenal to Manchester City is a step up?

Lamz
01-08-2011, 01:42 PM
Twenty teams per year qualify for the league, nineteen of them don't win it, anyway, you've just said Arsenal are doing good but not superb and earlier said before the FA Cup victory Manchester City were doing good but not superb, which hints that since then you believe they've improved, so surely a move away from Arsenal to Manchester City is a step up?

a move does benifit the players yes, but if they have been at a squad for a long period of time & then because you see a team doing good you just say "**** You i'm gone" come'on now...

Wheres the loyalty??? NO FOOTBALLER is loyal anymore. like i said before... they all want success & money.

Spuds
01-08-2011, 01:47 PM
a move does benifit the players yes, but if they have been at a squad for a long period of time & then because you see a team doing good you just say "**** You i'm gone" come'on now...

Wheres the loyalty??? NO FOOTBALLER is loyal anymore. like i said before... they all want success & money.
Clichy had been at Arsenal since 2003, he was the last of the invincibles, to label him disloyal is somewhat amusing. As you said, he was at Arsenal for a long period, a period where he'd won his last trophy in 2005, he's 26 and about to enter his prime, he doesn't want to waste those years. When a player retires they look back at what they won, what's the point of being a footballer if you don't have the desire to win things? This is was separates clubs like Arsenal and Manchester City, you expect players to be happy not winning anything for six years, we expect them to have a hunger to win.

Lamz
01-08-2011, 02:03 PM
yh they should be hungry for the wins but if thats the case, why don't they demand the manager to change things instead of leaving

luce
02-08-2011, 08:17 AM
yh they should be hungry for the wins but if thats the case, why don't they demand the manager to change things instead of leaving

I think it's just commonly known that Arsenal aren't going to do anything, they have potential but they get beat in finals by Birmingham. Also all this talk about Fab leaving has damaged the club because if your captain and best player pretty much openly wants to leave other players, Nasri etc, are all linked as well. Personally i think it's time for Wenger to step down before he is asked to leave. Yes he's been good and had that one team but being a good manager can build a team year after year and not just feed off the success of the invincibles.

Also the fans are starting to wake up as the boo'd the team off when the lost the EC.

StefanWolves
02-08-2011, 09:08 AM
Is this a bitter Arsenal fan? What? Noooo, that cant happen seriously!

How many games have you been to sonny jim?

Lamz
02-08-2011, 09:24 AM
Is this a bitter Arsenal fan? What? Noooo, that cant happen seriously!

How many games have you been to sonny jim?

a lot; i don't keep the tickets so i can't give u an exact figure

I think it's just commonly known that Arsenal aren't going to do anything, they have potential but they get beat in finals by Birmingham. Also all this talk about Fab leaving has damaged the club because if your captain and best player pretty much openly wants to leave other players, Nasri etc, are all linked as well. Personally i think it's time for Wenger to step down before he is asked to leave. Yes he's been good and had that one team but being a good manager can build a team year after year and not just feed off the success of the invincibles.

Also the fans are starting to wake up as the boo'd the team off when the lost the EC.

please don't remind me of how stupid that last goal of the CC was... :L

Yes Wenger does need to call it quits & leave but the thing is.. the board & directors know that they won't have to spend an arm & a leg on a new manager; they are happy to let arsenal fall to the 10-20 side of the table because at this rate, that is whats going to happen.

luce
02-08-2011, 10:40 AM
the board & directors know that they won't have to spend an arm & a leg on a new manager; they are happy to let arsenal fall to the 10-20 side of the table because at this rate, that is whats going to happen.

i don't get what you're saying there about money and falling down the table?

Lamz
02-08-2011, 11:04 AM
the board & directors know that they won't have to spend an arm & a leg on a new manager; they are happy to let arsenal fall to the 10-20 side of the table because at this rate, that is whats going to happen.

i don't get what you're saying there about money and falling down the table?

the board is happy that We qualify for the champions league because they get money for that. They don't care that we don't win it as long as the money comes in... Arsene is doing that. He is getting them there money, but what he isn't doing is winning the league so that arsenal can get a bonus. The bonus isn't what's appealing to the board as long as they get something from it... that's fine. Other clubs are smart & have a supportive board that say to the manager "Hey, we have the potential to qualify for this league but how about bringing in this this & this & lets win it!" Arsenal aren't doing that, all they are doing is bringing in in-experienced reserves that don't cost a lot to maintain & are expecting the fans to be happy with this. The only "newbie" that is benefiting Arsenal is Jack Wilshere & I can see him at United in about 3 years

luce
02-08-2011, 12:18 PM
Ahh i get what you're saying now and yeah they are the only team year in year out who make a net profit on transfers etc. However on the JW to United comment I never say a resounding no but we do have some strong wing players already who aren't old (not that it doesn't need strengthening) and also he isn't the most popular players with the fans and i can't see the die hard fans welcoming him partly because of what he says on twitter and how he portrays himself when Ars lose and the comments he can make about other players. Also he has gone on record saying when you kiss the badge like i have done you never leave the club, which obv isn't true but he said it so it would be picked up on. One thing i do think about him though is that he is wasted potential at Ars. Don't know how i'd feel about his move i think i'd rather another english winger who maybe is a year or two young but i can't think of one.

Spuds
02-08-2011, 12:22 PM
End of the day if Arsenal lose both Nasri and Fabregas in this window then they have no hope.

Jack.Lfc
02-08-2011, 11:02 PM
End of the day if Arsenal lose both Nasri and Fabregas in this window then they have no hope.

If they lose them wouldnt be suprised if van persie followed.

luce
03-08-2011, 08:56 AM
yeah and even if they don't neither of them want to be there 100% and even for the most professional player that detracts from their performance.

StefanWolves
03-08-2011, 09:17 AM
But arsenal signed that teenage defender from Ipswich they should win the league easy

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!