PDA

View Full Version : Cool cars

GoldenMerc
04-08-2011, 12:19 PM
Well 2 days i stupidly drove back from Skegness to Birmingham with my car screwed, luckily my mums saved the day and given me around £1500 to get a new car, now im looking for a bigger car something like a renault laguna? iv heard some cool things about them e.g no keys it uses a sort of stick?
Any other car ideas?
Ross

myke
04-08-2011, 12:34 PM
probably has keyless entry ross, but I've heard bad things about them I'm sure, they're not really the nicest looking cars anyway

GoldenMerc
04-08-2011, 01:57 PM
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201128402881358/sort/priceasc/usedcars/price-to/2000/transmission/automatic/seller-type/trade_adverts/model/laguna/make/renault/radius/60/postcode/b277sh/page/1?logcode=p

Is what i think i might buy today, Not sure though give me some info mykey!

danzooo
04-08-2011, 03:46 PM
Mk2 Lag's use a card entry system like so

http://rfidiot.org/Laguna-key.jpg

You insert it into the dash and press a starter button to start the engine. Nice cars but have you considered the likes of Mazda 6, Mondeo, Vectra, Passat, Accord, Primera? Or what about something smaller like a Focus, Golf or Astra? What sort of engine/power range are you looking at?

GoldenMerc
04-08-2011, 03:57 PM
Mk2 Lag's use a card entry system like so

You insert it into the dash and press a starter button to start the engine. Nice cars but have you considered the likes of Mazda 6, Mondeo, Vectra, Passat, Accord, Primera? Or what about something smaller like a Focus, Golf or Astra? What sort of engine/power range are you looking at?

Defiantly looks cooler!
Drove most of those cars listed, my dad has a accord, and has had a primera so i sort of have first time experiance in them, I used to have a focus (Iv had 2!) but im defiantly looking for more of a family car :P

awelsh
04-08-2011, 05:26 PM
Always found lagunas to be ugly, why not look at some Astras? Not to sure if your budget will stretch for a decent enough one though but it could well do.

GoldenMerc
04-08-2011, 06:24 PM
This is what im about to buy tomorrow morning;
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201128402881358/sort/priceasc/usedcars/price-to/2000/transmission/automatic/seller-type/trade_adverts/model/laguna/make/renault/radius/60/postcode/b277sh/page/1?logcode=p#dealerProfileSection

I've already decided now no one can change it :(
Wouldn't mind a 407 though!

awelsh
04-08-2011, 06:35 PM
Seems like a pretty good price to be honest for a 2004 with low miles. Just not a fan of the new laguna shape, forgot to mention the megane earlier, that might have been worth a look :)

Aslong as you like it and it does the job then thats all that matters really.

GoldenMerc
04-08-2011, 06:46 PM
Yeh its defiantly impulsed me, anythings better than a slow, clumpy celica. the thing is im not going to lie its got to be my driving i mean iv sold cars for more, or alot less e.g i baught my celica like 9 months ago for £2500 now i imagine it wont even get £900 its stupid.

awelsh
04-08-2011, 06:48 PM
Yeh its defiantly impulsed me, anythings better than a slow, clumpy celica. the thing is im not going to lie its got to be my driving i mean iv sold cars for more, or alot less e.g i baught my celica like 9 months ago for £2500 now i imagine it wont even get £900 its stupid.

Ha ha, bought my clio for £750 and its worth about £400 odd now id have thought, not worth getting rid of it really so im just going to run it into the ground until the cambelt snaps.

GoldenMerc
04-08-2011, 07:03 PM
Aha fair enough, i was going to run this car into the ground but decided it would cause too many problems e.g wouldnt be able to afford a new one as of such. So il leave it how it is :P

awelsh
04-08-2011, 08:36 PM
Aha fair enough, i was going to run this car into the ground but decided it would cause too many problems e.g wouldnt be able to afford a new one as of such. So il leave it how it is :P

Was my original idea too, however after having the lock snap and the other one seize the fact you need ne key to open the car, one to start it, no way to unlock the passenger door I gave in to the fact its worthless to anyone who doesnt know how to work it all.

GoldenMerc
04-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Scrappy might pay a bit for it surely?
Or take the parts of and sell them on ebay?
I baught a fiesta with a screwed up engine of my mate for £40, sold everything on ebay except a few bits made around £300 of it.
Was pretty chuffed with that.

awelsh
04-08-2011, 09:45 PM
Scrappy might pay a bit for it surely?
Or take the parts of and sell them on ebay?
I baught a fiesta with a screwed up engine of my mate for £40, sold everything on ebay except a few bits made around £300 of it.
Was pretty chuffed with that.

Yep, got £100 for my rolled clio with just the shell left at the scrappys, really cant be bothered with stripping another clio now, when it goes wrong its being scrapped straight away :)

GoldenMerc
04-08-2011, 10:20 PM
A extra £200 can stretch quite a way, if i had more hours in the day i'd buy cars for £40 quid all day and strip them etc but its such a long way to do it

awelsh
05-08-2011, 06:06 PM
A extra £200 can stretch quite a way, if i had more hours in the day i'd buy cars for £40 quid all day and strip them etc but its such a long way to do it

Yep id do it if I had the space available, I can strip a clio bare of the interior in under 2 hours if theres no problems with bolts etc. Ive got boxes of parts here but just cant be bothered with the hassle of idiots on ebay anymore.

GoldenMerc
05-08-2011, 08:53 PM
I baught the Laguna today :)
MOT and TAX tomorrow, then il upload some pics!

You
08-08-2011, 10:52 PM
Scirocco! :P but laguna's are cool!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!