PDA

View Full Version : The Matchday Diary Thread

-Heart
05-08-2011, 07:01 PM
With the football season starting tonight I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread which you can post in when you're going to a game. I realise that most of you are armchair fans and won't be attending many games, but this thread is for you to get excited and tell us when you are. Aren't I kind.

Oh and the section is kinda dieing so I had to think of something. Anyway, I'll start things off, going to our final friendly vs Zaragoza tomorrow.

Deak
05-08-2011, 07:48 PM
Got a season ticket so going to all home games + some away games...

Starting @ Oldham tomorrow - hoping for a good day & a good start to Lg 1

luce
05-08-2011, 08:14 PM
So this is basically a troll then? It will either be dead or when someone goes they will be grilled.

As it goes i have paid £75 for my season ticket to local club which have formed this season called Guernsey FC 1000 capacity ground which i play on for the ladies team... love grass roots. http://www.guernseyfc.com/ if any of you care.

-Heart
05-08-2011, 08:16 PM
So this is basically a troll then? It will either be dead or when someone goes they will be grilled.

As it goes i have paid £75 for my season ticket to local club which have formed this season called Guernsey FC 1000 capacity ground which i play on for the ladies team... love grass roots. http://www.guernseyfc.com/ if any of you care.
Haven't decided yet.

Well you've got a season ticket to a local team, that's something. Deak - confident of promotion this season?

luce
05-08-2011, 08:20 PM
Haven't decided yet.

Well you've got a season ticket to a local team, that's something. Deak - confident of promotion this season?

yeah because this is the first time ever Guernsey has had a local team that is in the system. :P

Deak
05-08-2011, 10:43 PM
Haven't decided yet.

I hope we do get promoted, but truthfully i reckon we will finish top half of mid table this year & then get promoted next year...

-Heart
05-08-2011, 11:15 PM
I hope we do get promoted, but truthfully i reckon we will finish top half of mid table this year & then get promoted next year...
You've still got a couple of your big players from last season, you and Wednesday definitely should be looking at a swift return to the Championship.

brandon
06-08-2011, 01:48 AM
With the football season starting tonight I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread which you can post in when you're going to a game. I realise that most of you are armchair fans and won't be attending many games, but this thread is for you to get excited and tell us when you are. Aren't I kind.

Oh and the section is kinda dieing so I had to think of something. Anyway, I'll start things off, going to our final friendly vs Zaragoza tomorrow.
Norwich played Zaragoza on Wednesday, drew 1-1. Zaragoza got pretty stuck in with the challenges considering it was only a friendly. Their manager got told off for whistling whenever he thought they should have got a decision.

-Heart
06-08-2011, 07:43 AM
Norwich played Zaragoza on Wednesday, drew 1-1. Zaragoza got pretty stuck in with the challenges considering it was only a friendly. Their manager got told off for whistling whenever he thought they should have got a decision.
Heard about that, should make the game a tad more interesting. Went to the Bilbao friendly last season and they brought about 40-50 fans, be interesting to see if Zaragoza can top that..

luce
06-08-2011, 04:29 PM
First ever game of Guernsey FC today and we won 5-0 home to Knaphill :-)

Deak
06-08-2011, 06:12 PM
You've still got a couple of your big players from last season, you and Wednesday definitely should be looking at a swift return to the Championship.

True, i hope we do have a swift return to championship!
---
Won 2-0 today and played reasonably well... at least weve got to that 3 pts early!

Adam
07-08-2011, 11:48 AM
I know there's a Brighton fan on here somewhere and I'd like you to arrest Lewis Dunk for his GBH assault on Billy Sharp.

Don't really care about the result but the fact is you broke the ankle of one of our strikers and God knows what Dunk's done to Sharp. Referee bottled it, he's even admitted it, ******* shocking. When will justice be done to "the likes of Doncaster". Always a pub team in the eyes of the media, **** you.

StefanWolves
07-08-2011, 06:58 PM
Went to wolves v zaragoza yesterday, we played well. Cant wait for saturday

Adamwingie, i hate west brom, therefore i hate your name, dont post when i post, k?

Edited by Inectious (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post to cause arguments!

Adam
07-08-2011, 09:13 PM
Oh dear, keyboard warrior doesn't like me. Going to cry. Grow up. *REMOVED* which is why I left. Probably leave again, getting bored.

Edited by Inectious (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post to cause arguments or be rude to other members!

StefanWolves
07-08-2011, 09:49 PM
Tra bab

Kasabian
07-08-2011, 10:15 PM
AFC Telford fan, season starts next saturday with a home game against Luton Town. Game's taking place at 7:45pm, due to an EDL march in Telford during the afternoon.

Might set up a blog.

Andeeh
08-08-2011, 02:47 PM
First game for me at the Amex tomorrow for the CC tie pretty excited looks like a sick stadium from pictures and mates :)

AgnesIO
08-08-2011, 08:19 PM
I know there's a Brighton fan on here somewhere and I'd like you to arrest Lewis Dunk for his GBH assault on Billy Sharp.

Don't really care about the result but the fact is you broke the ankle of one of our strikers and God knows what Dunk's done to Sharp. Referee bottled it, he's even admitted it, ******* shocking. When will justice be done to "the likes of Doncaster". Always a pub team in the eyes of the media, **** you.

What a babyish post!

Orient week in week out :P. I find football on tv incredibly dull, so generally don't watch on TV.

Poor start losing 1-0 to Walsall, since we expect 6 points from them. But still, only the first game :)

Hoping for a playoff place this yeafr after being a few points off last season. We only got a couple of points out of our first 18 last season, so one loss shouldn't be too bad!

Adam
08-08-2011, 09:54 PM
The truth, shall set you free. It's a conspiracy against Doncaster Rovers. Always has been, always will be.

-Heart
17-08-2011, 07:38 PM
Going to Northampton-Wolves at Sixfields in CC, we'll probably lose, but there's a TGI Fridays right next to the ground. So erm.. yeah.

Robi
17-08-2011, 08:41 PM
Beat Swindon at home last night 1 - 0 penalty from our skipper! Bradford away this Saturday! Can't wait.

Kasabian
17-08-2011, 09:19 PM
Got beat away at Cambridge last night in what turned out to be AFC Telford's first game of the season. Dominated the majority of the match, and had we of taken our chances/they had a ****ter keeper it would,could and SHOULD have been atleast Telford 4-0 Cambridge at half time!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!