PDA

View Full Version : Ticket

Yonder
12-08-2011, 02:45 PM
So, my usual sneaky cut through the residential area to cut out the busy traffic. I turn right and as i do i see a cop car out of the corner of my eye sat there, i take a quick look into my review mirror and automatically think **** next thing the lights and sirens come on so i throw my cell phone behind me and pull onto a side street.

Approaches the car is a female cop requesting my license registration and insurance for turning on a no turn right between 3pm and 6pm.

She disappears and comes back and tells me she will ignore the fact that i roll the stop sign which is a $110 and some driving points, instead she gave me a $65 bylaw ticket which basically is a just a fine for being an idiot.

Luckily i got off lightly as she could have gave me a ticket for rolling the red, not wearing my glasses whilst driving (they aren't really that important) and if she would of seen my cell phone i would of got a $300 ticket.

Lesson learned, though i did have to Google street view the road as i honestly didn't know you couldn't turn right between certain times. Which kind of makes no sense as right is going with the flow of traffic but i guess because it cuts out a lot of traffic.

Anybody here yet had a ticket or two this is actually my first ticket and i have been driving for around 5 years now. Though it isn't a "real" ticket but first ever kind of ticket i have received.

@K
12-08-2011, 08:56 PM
You deserve a lot more, you mindlessly were driving around, as in you didn't pay attention to signs etc, you were also on your phone, and not wearing you glasses. How long before you kill someone? *REMOVED*

On a happier note, yeah, I've been fined for not wearing a helmet and not having a visible number plate.

Edited by Jordan (Forum Moderator): Please do not be rude to other forum members

Metric1
13-08-2011, 05:53 AM
I've had a few speeding tickets.. learned my lesson now.. driving without your glasses is a no no!!

GoldenMerc
15-08-2011, 09:13 PM
Yeh for my neons lol

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!