PDA

View Full Version : Should euthanasia be legalised in every country?

MKR&*42
13-08-2011, 07:23 PM
Hey everyone,
So I know that some countries don't have euthanasia legalised (I'm in one of those countries - England) and I was just wondering what everyone's view on euthanasia is? (Should it be legalised or not).

I personally, think it should be legalised in all countries.

I think that everyone deserves the right - to have their own option whether they want to die or not, by not giving them an option it's literally (almost) controlling life and death - and no-one ever deserves the choice of that.

I'm also fairly sure that people would rather not live the rest of their life in utter pain - I would rather have the option of dying, than living in pain.

Also...just thought I'd involve animals in this - How come animals are "put down" so often, after a disease or injury - yet when it happens to a human - we do the best we can, and let them live their life - whether it's in pain or not. It's unfair to discriminate animals from humans.

Also some religions may say euthanasia , as a way of "re-birth" (hinduism) - so if they want to die - they should have the right to. (Only a few religions see it as acceptable - e.g. Catholics consider it a crime and is unacceptable).

So...that's my view on euthanasia - I want to know what you lot think!

What you waiting for? Post your reply now! :D

spamafner
13-08-2011, 07:27 PM
What about if some people abuse it for the wrong reasons?

Apolva
13-08-2011, 08:44 PM
Yes, with a lengthy grace period, such as 1 year.

dbgtz
13-08-2011, 11:59 PM
I see it as how can one choose whether an animal dies, but cannot choose to die themselves. It doesn't make sense at all and it should be legal, but the system would need to be tight. Tight as in that person has to go to a specific place and fill out forms there and also give verbal confirmation in front of witnesses. However if the person cannot speak and write because of their condition, but has told someone if they get really bad they want to die then obviously that kind of situation is a loophole and I think the only thing that could be done is just prolonging their death as the person who cares for them could easily want them dead so that they don't need to care for them and get a form of inheritance they may be in line for.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!