PDA

View Full Version : How to strip a car

GoldenMerc
18-08-2011, 05:48 PM
Well me and my mate are wanting to strip a car and are wondering what parts will be needed, what parts can sell on ebay and what parts to take to the scrappy, +Rep for it.
Ross

Liam
18-08-2011, 05:55 PM
It really depends what car it is and what condition it's in (as for selling on eBay)

GoldenMerc
18-08-2011, 05:59 PM
Ether 206 or Ford focus around 2000' reg

awelsh
18-08-2011, 09:09 PM
All depends on the car model and condition really.

Ive stripped many clio's and know the headlights, interior, headunit, fogs, spoiler, badges, sidestrips, common fault parts along with spare wheel tools etc sell well. Items such as bumpers tend to take longer and wont get much gain (unless their of a sport model)

If its a bog standard model then not much is worth money really. If you get them cheap enough though id take it straight to scrap and get the value of it there.

Casio
19-08-2011, 09:56 AM
Things I would personally keep and sell are doors and boot, interior (if in good condition), seat belts, all round bumpers (if they are good enough to sell) wheels+tyres, steering wheel, dashboard (clocks), head unit, door handles, all lights (head lights, fog and back lights) for the rest I would take to the scrappie :)

myke
19-08-2011, 09:57 AM
Ether 206 or Ford focus around 2000' reg

Don't bother stripping a 206, not much in it.

danzooo
19-08-2011, 04:06 PM
All the seats (except driver and maybe passenger), sound deadening, headlining, doorcards, stereo headunit + speakers, carpet, everything you don't need basically. Be ruthless

Swearwolf
20-08-2011, 03:49 PM
what colours the focus lmao and 3 or 5 door?

also from a focus id strip and sell:

door cards
seats
steering wheel
centre console switches sell well
speakers sell well
door glass
window motors (electric)
alloys?
rear disc set ups
suspension springs
panels: doors wings bonnet tailgate
headlight units
indicators
bumpers
glove box? lmao
carpets
boot lining
tailgate interior
rear light clusters
fog and reverse lights

the list is endless focus's parts always sell

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!