Yeovil away 1pm kick off

Prediction 3-0 to united :)

-Heart
26-08-2011, 10:55 PM
Villa away, early kick off.

Tough game - I'm going with 1-1.

Adam
27-08-2011, 09:03 AM
Brizzle City at home. I think we'll get something out of the game today, probably another injury. 1-2 prediction.

Arron
27-08-2011, 09:43 AM
Arsenal at OT. 3-0 win.

Spuds
27-08-2011, 09:53 AM
Spurs away, gwan lads.

Wanting to back the Villa but I think Wolves will mess me up if I do and if I don't they'll let Villa run 'em :'(

iRaaave.
27-08-2011, 11:21 AM
Ipswich away, shame the idiot bowyer is injured... wanted us to snap his leg :(

luce
27-08-2011, 12:06 PM
got arsenal tomorrow at 4 so wish i was in manchester this weekend.

Watching the Villa Wolves game now pretty boring but really hope Wolves win :-)

Deak
27-08-2011, 01:34 PM
Played 70 minutes -

Yeovil 0 - 1 Sheff Utd

So far, so good!

Matthew
27-08-2011, 02:20 PM
chelsea 1-0 norwich

bosingwa from 30 yards, into the top corner after 8mins

still playing of course :)

iRaaave.
27-08-2011, 02:54 PM
Ipswich 0-1 Leeds McCormack get in ;) (HT)

Deak
27-08-2011, 04:04 PM
Played 70 minutes -

Yeovil 0 - 1 Sheff Utd

So far, so good!

Full time score: stayed 1-0 & after the 3pm kicks offs we stay 3rd and joint top on 13 points :)

AgnesIO
27-08-2011, 04:21 PM
Another loss for Orient, lost 5 out of 5 - worst since 1943.

Just haven't really looked like scoring, Slade seems to have lost heart.

Still, fans booed players off. If there is one thing I categorically object to, it is that. Cannot stand fans doing that.

iRaaave.
27-08-2011, 04:32 PM
We lost 2-1, was leading 1-0 for about 70+ mins until we ****** it up... gg leeds, worst start in 14 years.

luce
27-08-2011, 05:20 PM
Unfortunately chelsea came back to in against Norwich after they had a man sent off. Drogba seemed to suffer a bad injury so hope it's not too bad, even as a united supporter.

Matthew
27-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Unfortunately chelsea came back to in against Norwich after they had a man sent off. Drogba seemed to suffer a bad injury so hope it's not too bad, even as a united supporter.

sounds awful, I haven't seen it yet, but lets hope its not too bad! :(

Andeeh
27-08-2011, 06:56 PM
2 - 0 win against posh, nooney and harleyyy :) top of championship!

Arron
27-08-2011, 11:29 PM
Hate Drogba.

Robi
27-08-2011, 11:56 PM
1- 1 Draw to geezer bird Helen Chamberlin's (spelling) Torquay. Outplayed them first half, they probly deserved a goal second half but they cheated a penalty by diving when the trip (even though he didnt touch him) was outside the box. Also we had a corner in the 3rd minute of injury time and the ref blew for full time even though he added on 4. :@

---------- Post added 28-08-2011 at 12:57 AM ----------

Another loss for Orient, lost 5 out of 5 - worst since 1943.

Just haven't really looked like scoring, Slade seems to have lost heart.

Still, fans booed players off. If there is one thing I categorically object to, it is that. Cannot stand fans doing that.

Slade shouldnt of took the boys to Vegas after all ;)

AgnesIO
28-08-2011, 10:40 AM
1- 1 Draw to geezer bird Helen Chamberlin's (spelling) Torquay. Outplayed them first half, they probly deserved a goal second half but they cheated a penalty by diving when the trip (even though he didnt touch him) was outside the box. Also we had a corner in the 3rd minute of injury time and the ref blew for full time even though he added on 4. :@

---------- Post added 28-08-2011 at 12:57 AM ----------

Slade shouldnt of took the boys to Vegas after all ;)

Really don't think that has anything to do with it! And it was Hearn that took them, paid for by other people (obviously :P)

Smits
28-08-2011, 01:26 PM
Was good to see us finally get a win at Derby, and even better to see Austin getting on the scoresheet, twice.

brandon
28-08-2011, 01:30 PM
Norwich lost 3-1 against Chelsea, unlucky not to get a point!

Smits
28-08-2011, 01:32 PM
Anybody watching Forrest v West Ham? Forrest are quite unfortunate to be 3-0 down, although some simple marking would have stopped that.

AgnesIO
28-08-2011, 02:14 PM
Anybody watching Forrest v West Ham? Forrest are quite unfortunate to be 3-0 down, although some simple marking would have stopped that.

Weren't really unfortunate lol

Smits
28-08-2011, 02:43 PM
Unfortunate to not have scored more themselves at least.

United or Arsenal? Predictions?

Spuds
28-08-2011, 03:25 PM
Spurs away, gwan lads.

Wanting to back the Villa but I think Wolves will mess me up if I do and if I don't they'll let Villa run 'em :'(
Went hard on Spurs.

Spuds 1:5 MCFC

Smits
28-08-2011, 03:31 PM
Ashley Young take a boy son, that was beautiful!

Deak
28-08-2011, 03:52 PM
Ashley Young take a boy son, that was beautiful!

Take a bow son... Oh yes a great goal & man utd deserve to be winning easily!

Spuds
28-08-2011, 03:57 PM
Wootzeh wherever you are, THANK YOU. Last minute winner for my accy

Smits
28-08-2011, 03:57 PM
Take a bow son... Oh yes a great goal & man utd deserve to be winning easily!

And Rooney follows with that great strike!

Arsenal are shockingly bad at the back.

Matthew
28-08-2011, 05:00 PM
8-2.... incredible.

I think it was paul merson (sp?) who on sky sports said that even an average championship side would go to old trafford and make it harder for man u than arsenal did, and I think he's right.

Man U and arsenal are in theory evenly matched (well maybe not, but certainly not that far apart)

Smits
28-08-2011, 05:29 PM
It was indeed Paul Merson, he summed up the situation pretty well.

Although i do think United are running away with this one, and completely outclass most other teams in the Premier League, Arsenal should NOT be losing by such a margin. They need a couple of players, and they need them fast. As merson said, it's not fair to be sending out young inexperianced players and just expecting them to play 'The Arsenal Way'.

They have 2 weeks to sort it out.

On the other hand, another sensational performance from United. My fantasy league team will benefit from this ;)

Deak
28-08-2011, 06:01 PM
Well... That was a boring game... No action or anything!
There was only 10 goals... Should have been at least a couple more!

lmao - unlucky Wenger & Arsenal :D

Smits
28-08-2011, 06:11 PM
The funny thing is, there actually shopuld have been at least a couple more goals xD

luce
28-08-2011, 08:34 PM
If you think about it RvP should have scored the pen and nani should have got the tap in park could have scored if it wasn't for a deflection in the last minute DG made a world class double save so it could have easily been a more emphatic score line (if that's possible).

It's just so nice that on the day Citeh thought they had a good win we showed that anything they can do, we can do better. :-)

Also another interesting this the average ages of the teams today were 23 and 23.6, so age makes no difference. It was the class.

AgnesIO
28-08-2011, 09:17 PM
Fantastic news.

I am fed up with Wengers "building teams for the future", so am enjoying Arsenal failing. Want Wenger gone.

Lamz
29-08-2011, 03:02 AM
8-2 :'(

Wenger please fix this team you have ruined!

Matthew
29-08-2011, 09:08 AM
8-2 :'(

Wenger please fix this team you have ruined!

wenger said yesterday that he doesn't think he needs to change the arsenal team.

Adam
29-08-2011, 09:32 AM
wenger said yesterday that he doesn't think he needs to change the arsenal team.
Delusional.

luce
29-08-2011, 11:27 AM
What can you say though when you have just got murdered 8-2? He couldn't come out and slaughter them because he needs his other big players such as RvP to stay and not ruin the already dented confidence of his young team which he does have to stick with for the rest of this calender year at least.

The thing i don't get is they obviously have the money, Fab and Nasri didn't go for nothing and Arsneal have been in net transfer profit of about £50 mill+ for years. Too late now for a big moeny signing i think - seriously Ars fans will have to stick by their "in arsen we trust" signs that were on display at OT yesterday.

Also please don't call for his head - that's so fickle after 15 years of management. yes he's never replicated the invincibles but realistically i don't think anyone ever will.

Spuds
29-08-2011, 11:54 AM
It's just so nice that on the day Citeh thought they had a good win we showed that anything they can do, we can do better. :-)

You think City cared about you? On the day we won away against a Spurs side playing the first home game of the season, with the fans right behind them and Modric back, you think we cared about you when you beat a patched up, toothless Arsenal at home? Delusional!

AgnesIO
29-08-2011, 11:56 AM
What can you say though when you have just got murdered 8-2? He couldn't come out and slaughter them because he needs his other big players such as RvP to stay and not ruin the already dented confidence of his young team which he does have to stick with for the rest of this calender year at least.

The thing i don't get is they obviously have the money, Fab and Nasri didn't go for nothing and Arsneal have been in net transfer profit of about £50 mill+ for years. Too late now for a big moeny signing i think - seriously Ars fans will have to stick by their "in arsen we trust" signs that were on display at OT yesterday.

Also please don't call for his head - that's so fickle after 15 years of management. yes he's never replicated the invincibles but realistically i don't think anyone ever will.

His time at Arsenal means nothing. At the end of the day, he has been failing for years - personally I feel his time is up.

Spuds
29-08-2011, 12:00 PM
His time at Arsenal means nothing. At the end of the day, he has been failing for years - personally I feel his time is up.
Ignore the poster, it's delusional. Football waits for nobody, Wenger's time is up.

Lamz
29-08-2011, 01:05 PM

It's both the players and Wenger himself... his still using 2004 tactics... football & teams have changed soo much since then. Like Lucy said... Arsenal have the money to at least get us a strong reliable defender & a sturdy midfielder. BOTH with years of experience... does he honestly believe deep in his heart that a load of reserves/19-24 yr olds are ready to play against big teams like MU, MC, Chelsea even Liverpool.

Imo Wenger isn't going to change the way he wants his team to play football until the board of directors tell him "Wenger, If we don't get top 4 this season... You will be dropped" atm the board are happy with Wenger. He gets the money in & qualify's for cups which brings in more money. The board now that Arsenal can splash the cash at any relevant time to buy players that are needed but they would rather let us devoted supporters (the ones that put the most money into the club) suffer.

I also think that Arsenal will be the next MC... we won win nothing for years and years to come then we finally decide to buy good players. But by that time, the kids we have on the team will have enough experience & hopefully will be on top of there game, which will then bring the boards into confuse mode... they will have loads of money and won't know what the **** to do with it...

brandon
29-08-2011, 01:54 PM
8-2.... incredible.

I think it was paul merson (sp?) who on sky sports said that even an average championship side would go to old trafford and make it harder for man u than arsenal did, and I think he's right.

Man U and arsenal are in theory evenly matched (well maybe not, but certainly not that far apart)
He actually said 'Championship 2' side and on the topic of Arsenal fans wanting Wenger to go he said 'don't wish away what you want because it don't always work'.

luce
29-08-2011, 06:59 PM
You think City cared about you? On the day we won away against a Spurs side playing the first home game of the season, with the fans right behind them and Modric back, you think we cared about you when you beat a patched up, toothless Arsenal at home? Delusional!

really, that's why every other fan i've seen posting around on twitter was looking at the united game. yes some are idiots and can't be counted but yeah i think you did because it's not about the team it's the fact we're top on the day you got a very impressive away win.

Kasabian
29-08-2011, 07:08 PM
Saturday: AFC Telford 2-1 Newport County.
Newport had 2 men sent off and 6 players yellow carded, dirty *******s.

Monday: We played today away at Tamworth.
Tamworth 2-2 AFC Telford
Spirited come back after being 2-0 down!

Missed both due to being at Reading festival :( Roll on Saturday!

Smits
29-08-2011, 07:34 PM

Of course City care about United, even on that day they cared. They care because they want nothing more than to out-do their rivals, unfortunately they didn't.

Spuds
29-08-2011, 08:05 PM
really, that's why every other fan i've seen posting around on twitter was looking at the united game. yes some are idiots and can't be counted but yeah i think you did because it's not about the team it's the fact we're top on the day you got a very impressive away win.

You think I did? I didn't realise you could look into my inner soul and see how I felt at a certain time, personally I was happy with a Manchester United win as it aided me in a bet which won £68 and I know for a fact many Manchester City fans didn't care about the result and were just happy with an emphatic win for our own side as that's the club we care about, you know, our own. Also it's interesting you say you're top on the day, that's the kind of narrow mindedness the old Manchester City fan would have, now we look at the campaign as it is really is, a long and tiring campaign where the only standing which matters is at the end of May.

Of course City care about United, even on that day they cared. They care because they want nothing more than to out-do their rivals, unfortunately they didn't.
I'm sure a poster such as yourself will agree that you would rather win 1:0 all season and win the league than win the odd game 8:2, draw some and lose some without winning the league. Sure you may be impressed with a certain performance in the campaign however that's something you must remember, this is a campaign and the end result is the league, not whether you win 8:2 or 1:0. Outdoing for us is now seen as silverware, not the odd result here and there.

Smits
29-08-2011, 08:16 PM
I don't support either of the teams from manchester, i just find it hard to believe that city fans couldn't care less about the united results. Most fans look out for their rivals results regardless so you would immagine they would do even more so when their rival is now also a major contender for the title.

Congrats with the bet, would have been stupid to back Arsenal, even if they were playing well. They ALWAYS seem to let me down in the past :P

Yupt
29-08-2011, 10:20 PM
Arsenal fans really need to have more faith in Wenger. Arsenal are in tough times, yes. But Wenger is the man to get them out of it. He built arguably the best Premiership team that has ever been seen with the unbeatables of 2004 (i think). Fergie also backs Wenger even after the 8-2 demolishing.

Shockwave.2CC
29-08-2011, 11:18 PM
Well we managed to to beat the championship leaders and knock them down to 2nd place by beating them 3:2 so woop woop

Smits
29-08-2011, 11:32 PM
Arsenal fans really need to have more faith in Wenger. Arsenal are in tough times, yes. But Wenger is the man to get them out of it. He built arguably the best Premiership team that has ever been seen with the unbeatables of 2004 (i think). Fergie also backs Wenger even after the 8-2 demolishing.

Aye, but Wenger needs to step up and prove himself, fast. There isn't much time in football these days.

AgnesIO
30-08-2011, 10:00 AM

2004 is the key point there. 7 years on. He clearly won't be doing anything anywhere near as good as that again.

Matthew
30-08-2011, 10:05 AM

Yes, in 2004 he did, but this is 2011. Since 2004, Arsenal have won nothing, and that is all that matters in football these days (except for the money of course).

The Arsenal team is the lowest its been since 2004 IMO and I'm just not sure that Arsene is the man to get them back to their best. I think its time he stepped down and let someone else bring Arsenal back to what they were - a fantastic team to watch. (I suppose they still are, but only for the comedy value ;))

iRaaave.
08-09-2011, 04:38 PM
we have crystal palace saturday and im going :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!