PDA

View Full Version : UFC Rio Predictions.

Camy
27-08-2011, 08:17 PM
Hey,
Dunno if anyone else is interested in MMA and the UFC, but I just thought I'd throw my predictions for tonight's main card out.

Cane vs Nedkov
I don't know alot about these two guys, but going on the research I did on it, looks like Nedkov may be the guy to bet on. His professional record in mma is 11-0, but this will be his debut in the UFC, so hey, we'll see what happens.
Verdict: Nedkov

Pearson vs Barboza
This could be a good fight, Pearson looked good on the Ultimate fighter, eventually winning it, and he's done fairly well since. But looking at the stats, you'd have to think that Barboza is going to win. His pro mma record is 8-0, with only one coming by decision.
Verdict: Head says Barboza, heart says Pearson.

Nogueira vs Schaub
Nogueira not fought for 18 months or something, and didn't look amazing in his fights before that, but he's aparently said in interviews for Rio, that he feels in the best shape he's ever felt after the 3 surgeries he's had. And according to the press out there, he looks it too. On the other hand though, Brendan's on a 4 win streak, and has looked good in all those fights and for that reason I think I have to give it to him.
Verdict: Schaub - TKO

Co-main Event: Rua vs Griffin
This should be a good fight, sure Shogun is on a bit of a losing streak, but I don't think we should count him out. He was ranked #1 in the world not that long ago, by many mma websites. He's also got this habit of having 2 bad fights after a surgery, then doing awesome, and this will be his 3rd fight since his last surgery. You never know, he might keep the trend up. But hey, in their first fight Griffin dominated the entire fight, eventually submitting him. He's also supposed to be in great shape, so we'll see what happens I guess.
Verdict: I'm going to have to say Forrest Griffin for this one by submission.

Main Event: Silva vs Okami
Hmm, I'm undecided on this one. On the one hand Silva is pretty damn good, his reach and style just dominated most of his past opponents, but the fact that Okami has been training with Chael Sonnen; the one guy who dominated Silva for most of their fight until he lost by submission, makes me think he'll be in for a good chance. I imagine he'll take on the same game plan that Chael used, so for me, it could go either way.
Verdict: Head says Silva, Heart says Okami.

Describe
28-08-2011, 06:42 PM
Main Event: Silva vs Okami
Hmm, I'm undecided on this one. On the one hand Silva is pretty damn good, his reach and style just dominated most of his past opponents, but the fact that Okami has been training with Chael Sonnen; the one guy who dominated Silva for most of their fight until he lost by submission, makes me think he'll be in for a good chance. I imagine he'll take on the same game plan that Chael used, so for me, it could go either way.
Verdict: Head says Silva, Heart says Okami.
You appear to forget that Yushin Okami has defeated Anderson Silva before. I'm an avid supporter of Anderson Silva but I like Yushin and I admire his fighting style. I think I would like to see Okami defeat Silva although Anderson Silva is one of the best in the world and pulls amazingly powerful stopping punches and kicks. Yushin is far stronger in my mind but I think Silva has the ability to whether the storm and see it through to pull off a victory.

Edit: I completely forgot when the fight was taking place.

Silva kept Okami at arm's length in the first - using kicks and jabs to control the pace. Having sized up the threat his opponent, Silva stepped up the pace and connected with some punishing combinations.

Seemingly confident of the control he had on the fight, Silva entertained by dropping his hands and calling on Okami. The Japanese took the bait and went on the offensive, but he found Silva impossible to pin down and Silva secured victory with 2:04 left on the clock in the second round - avenging the defeat Okami inflicted when the pair met back in 2006.
Shame.

Camy
29-08-2011, 11:18 PM
You appear to forget that Yushin Okami has defeated Anderson Silva before. I'm an avid supporter of Anderson Silva but I like Yushin and I admire his fighting style. I think I would like to see Okami defeat Silva although Anderson Silva is one of the best in the world and pulls amazingly powerful stopping punches and kicks. Yushin is far stronger in my mind but I think Silva has the ability to whether the storm and see it through to pull off a victory.

Edit: I completely forgot when the fight was taking place.

Shame.

Yeah, he won because Silva was DQ'ed by an illegal kick to the head, so I wasn't really counting it. Don't get me wrong, I thought he was going to do a bit better after training with Chael, and he's defo got more power than Silva, but Silva's alot faster, and he just seems to work his opponents out so easily.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!