PDA

View Full Version : Hiding these?

Robbie
27-08-2011, 08:53 PM
Hey,

Long story short I hit a post at the end of my driveway yesterday reversing out because I wasn't concentrating, trying to choose a song I wanted to listen to :( I took some paint off the post which has obviously gone on to the car.

http://c0013929.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/x2_7edb5dc

http://c0013929.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/x2_7edb711

What's the best way of making these look better? They're pretty deep so they're going to be visible no matter what but I just wondered if anyone had any ideas on masking them a bit?

Cheers!

GTA-Andy
27-08-2011, 11:59 PM
Get some metallic T-Cut on them, or a similar cutting compound, that should take away the light ones and blend a bit of paint into the deeper marks. Use some back to black or tyre and bumper gel on the plastic trim. You can make them look better, but I'm afraid they'll always be there.

myke
28-08-2011, 12:01 AM
Have they gone down to the base coat? if that's so then you'll only either be able to TRY and touch it up (will take wet sanding and machine polishing to get a good finish) or get the bumper resprayed. if not then do as andy said and give a cutting compound a go. i'd recommend meguiars scratch-x or mess ultimate compound.

Robbie
28-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Cheers guys +rep

GoldenMerc
28-08-2011, 04:12 PM
Its a nice little scratch robbie, try tea cut

danzooo
28-08-2011, 07:07 PM
GTA-Andy's reply is the best here, try some t-cut. You could also get some black Colour Magic, and if they don't polish out with that, you could use a black bodywork touch up pen.

myke
28-08-2011, 08:27 PM
let us know how you get on.

Vinnie:Safety
28-08-2011, 09:05 PM
If yor tryna hide this from our Parnts then go into city find a mechanics place and Order a new one, dont take the cheap Way out, always ends bad, I personally would tell m parentss hat happened after I bought the new humor and had it put on, so thy know I didn't lie to them, didn't hid anything from them ( cause who knows maybe a neighbor saw ) and shows how responsible I can be to put out my on money for my mistakes

---------- Post added 28-08-2011 at 09:08 PM ----------

But if you insist on going the cheap and hav the risk of your Parnts think your hiding things from them which will also Mai them think you lie etc go with t-cut as gta Andy has said

danzooo
28-08-2011, 10:48 PM
^ I don't think he means hide from his parents, I think he just means hide in general...

Metric1
02-09-2011, 07:17 PM
If yor tryna hide this from our Parnts then go into city find a mechanics place and Order a new one, dont take the cheap Way out, always ends bad, I personally would tell m parentss hat happened after I bought the new humor and had it put on, so thy know I didn't lie to them, didn't hid anything from them ( cause who knows maybe a neighbor saw ) and shows how responsible I can be to put out my on money for my mistakes

---------- Post added 28-08-2011 at 09:08 PM ----------

But if you insist on going the cheap and hav the risk of your Parnts think your hiding things from them which will also Mai them think you lie etc go with t-cut as gta Andy has said

i hit stuff all the time and my parents never notice???

try using using polishing compound and some wax.. should take it off n/p.

i hit a retaining wall:

http://i51.tinypic.com/30w4f9x.jpg

and was able to get most of it off..

GirlNextDoor15
03-09-2011, 01:46 AM
Paint and polish. I hope it'll make it go away.

Metric1
03-09-2011, 05:39 AM
Paint and polish. I hope it'll make it go away.

I'd avoid using the paint actually. I touched up a few rust spots on my Honda and it just looked ****. When I waxed it the wax just sat in the chips and looked like ****.

Robbie
07-09-2011, 09:58 PM
thanks guys, used some t cut, rubbing compound, some other scratch remover stuff then resprayed and relaquered the little bit and now its fine. now for my other thread.. here (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=718948&p=7263731#post7263731). :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!