PDA

View Full Version : Car Touch-ups, Improvement ideas.

Camy
10-09-2011, 11:26 PM
Hey,
I've had my mk1 1.4 focus for about a year now, and I've always wanted to do some stuff to improve it, but I've never had the money. Just got a new job this week though, so I was wondering what kind of cheapish things I could do to improve the looks/performance. It's all totally stock as far as i know.

GTA-Andy
11-09-2011, 08:08 PM
Colourcode (paint the plastics), if it's an original Mk1 Focus get some facelift bumpers and lights, (the pre-facelifts had the indicators in the bumpers, and that looked terrible), debadge the rear, find some smoked Focus RS side repeaters (and headlights for that matter), and give it a damn good polish. All of these will modernise the car a little and make it look a little less dated. (Assuming it's a pre-facelift).

This Focus has all of these touches and others:
http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/cered_williams/carrr1.png

Keep in mind declaring these to your insurance company.

danzooo
12-09-2011, 12:23 AM
^ That looks awesome!

When modding a car, before you do anything else, you should definitely lower it. Even something as trivial as a 45mm drop on a set of aftermarket springs should do the trick, but ideally what you want to get is coilovers.

Then, as above, just general tidying up - colour coding, different wheels etc. Don't go overboard and don't spend a ridiculous amount of money on it though

Swearwolf
12-09-2011, 03:19 PM
not a lot you can do performance wise on a 1.4 focus lol
but get RS front repeaters w/orange bulbs
same for side repeaters
alloys
service it

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!