PDA

View Full Version : Wales vs South Africa RWC2011

Yupt
11-09-2011, 10:58 AM
1 point in it, South Africa won. CONTROVERSY THO. Wales played far better and deserved to win. However a kick by James Hook (Welsh) looked in but wasn't given. They had the option to use TMO but didn't use it. Angry irl.

Catzsy
11-09-2011, 11:12 AM
If in doubt blame the ref? Deserving to win and not winning is the fault of the side playing although it was a poor decision by the ref by the look of it, James Hook also missed a few conversions and if he had kicked up the field instead of passing at his own 10 metre line then it is also possible that South Africa would not have scored the try - that was poor judgment. Refs have to make split second decisions all the time - it is just part of the game. No point moaning about it. Poor decisions often go the home nation teams way too. Didn't look like SA even turned up today tbh - maybe they are saving themselves as it is a long tournament. Wales really played well though and England played like a load of plonkers against Argentina and Johnny missed 5 conversions. I could say they should have won 28 -9 but they didn't. I am not making any excuses for their poor play. It is not over yet though! I feel Wales should do pretty well and I hoping that England pick up a few gears or they will be out.

Yupt
11-09-2011, 12:23 PM
However a quick decision was not needed, if in any doubt they could have used TMO. James Hook did ask the referee for a second look. It isn't the first time the referee has mucked up his decisions.

Zak
12-09-2011, 09:45 AM
I watched the highlights and Wales did play really well. I heard about that kick, but what the ref says goes in rugby. No-one argues with the ref :P

Catzsy
12-09-2011, 09:57 AM
However a quick decision was not needed, if in any doubt they could have used TMO. James Hook did ask the referee for a second look. It isn't the first time the referee has mucked up his decisions.

I appreciate that but it is not the reason they lost. They should have made sure they won by a good margin whatever the ref says. It was in their hands i.e. Hook's missed conversions and his stupid passing instead of kicking down field at his own 10 metre line. If in doubt - blame the ref is not worthy really. Lots of referees make lots of good and bad decisions whatever their nationality which is what I think you are trying to get at. :)

Ardemax
12-09-2011, 07:46 PM
Thought they played really well against the world champions, shame not to win, really.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!