PDA

View Full Version : Sat nav?

GoldenMerc
25-09-2011, 12:46 AM
Hi,

How easy would it be to fit a sat nav system;
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-SAT-NAV-SYSTEM-CAME-OUT-LAGUNA-W-REG-/220668919954?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3360e48092

Into a 02 plate laguna?
How long would it take?
Would it raise the value of the car?
Thanks
Ross

Recursion
25-09-2011, 09:27 AM
Most of those aftermarket sat nav systems are crap, the only ones I'd go for are those fitted by the dealer (then you have some sort of support too) or a TomTom etc. I don't see aftermarket ones raising the value all too much either. It's probably more hassle than it's worth.

If you know what you're doing you can get them installed in under an hour.

GTA-Andy
25-09-2011, 09:57 AM
Most of those aftermarket sat nav systems are crap, the only ones I'd go for are those fitted by the dealer (then you have some sort of support too) or a TomTom etc. I don't see aftermarket ones raising the value all too much either. It's probably more hassle than it's worth.

If you know what you're doing you can get them installed in under an hour.

The one in question isn't aftermarket, it's OEM. However, there's little point in fitting this, dealer fit systems of this age (and indeed market leaders at the time such as Garmin) are very primitive by today's standards and would likely be ignored in favour of a dash mounted unit. Furthermore, it may be difficult to find the correct software to update the maps, and as W-Reg was Mar-Aug 2000 they may be as far as 11 years out of date.

tl;dr/ Not worth the hassle.

danzooo
25-09-2011, 04:11 PM
That won't fit on your car mate. The oldest reg you can get on a mk2 Laguna like yours is a 2001 Y-reg iirc.

It would've came from one like this

http://images.clickedit.co.uk/5538/car_id_566_1.jpg

Metric1
25-09-2011, 11:34 PM
i wish i could get sat nav :( every car i've ever owned besides my bmw came with it from the factory...

J0SH
25-09-2011, 11:59 PM
Rossco it won't raise the value of your pensioner car

tdi
26-09-2011, 12:04 AM
As mentioned earlier it's pretty old. If you NEED satnav you could just get a window mount portable unit, or you could get a decent quality Double DIN headunit with GPS as your car would be able to accomodate one. I've got a Pioneer double DIN with satnav and it runs iGo software which is pretty accurate, but I never use it. If you are heading down that route, you'll end up paying big bucks as the cheap units tend to run cheap software and have a few faults.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!