PDA

View Full Version : Teenage Jobs.

Delimed
25-09-2011, 05:30 PM
I want to get a job as I need to start making my own money without relying on mum or dad, I don't really fancy getting a paper round as I will have to wake up at 6:00 on a school day, can anyone give me a list or maybe a few jobs I could do?

Ben

Circadia
25-09-2011, 05:35 PM
Paper rounds can be done in the afternoon as well j/s
but if your 14 you have to get a work permit to work anywhere like in a shop on a Saturday even then you only get a small amount of pay. Well thats what its like up here not sure of anywhere else but im sure the same applys.

HawtNerd
25-09-2011, 05:37 PM
Take like 100 resumes and just got hay wire at places. Also. If you really want to work at one place and you realize you're not getting a call back. Hand in your resume there every 2-3 weeks to a month. They'll see the dedication and that you really want the job. Try at calling agencies or McDonalds or Timmie's. Not a good job in my opinion but everyone starts somewhere. It's hard earned money no matter if you're shoveling crap.

Delimed
25-09-2011, 05:39 PM
McDonalds is at school leaving age to work there I think, And can I Abi? Delivering what paper?

Accipiter
25-09-2011, 05:55 PM
You'll pretty much have to rely on your mum and dad until you leave school, then just start becoming independent, I had a paper round and the mornings weren't too hassling they were quite refreshing!

Delimed
25-09-2011, 05:57 PM
You'll pretty much have to rely on your mum and dad until you leave school, then just start becoming independent, I had a paper round and the mornings weren't too hassling they were quite refreshing!

How early did you do them?

Accipiter
25-09-2011, 06:09 PM
Got up at 7, finished around ten past 8, had to walk to school

Sunday mail is hell

beth
25-09-2011, 06:13 PM
Try at calling agencies or McDonalds or Timmie's. Not a good job in my opinion but everyone starts somewhere. It's hard earned money no matter if you're shoveling crap.

i worked all last summer and part of the year before at mcdonalds and i loved it. it was such a laugh, hours are always available and the money is the same as you'd get anywhere else. sure it's hard work, and yr knackered when you come home at night. but that isn't a bad thing

danzooo
25-09-2011, 06:34 PM
I had a paper round when I was 14, had to get up at 6 on school mornings and got home for about 10 past 7, got a shower and ready for school. Wouldn't have said it was particularly taxing or anything, was only an hour earlier than my normal time to wake up.

Delimed
25-09-2011, 06:42 PM
Thanks guys!

Circadia
25-09-2011, 07:01 PM
You don't deliver just one type of paper you deliver quite a few, but i think its nicer to do a paper round in the morning rather than in the evening as its quite refreshing to go outside before going to school and learning. But you can do evening ones depending on which news agents you go to!

Jordan
26-09-2011, 03:32 PM
It's so hard getting a part time job around my area, Paper round is something I am not going to bother with as there is a massive queue for the nearest newsagent. Good luck Ben, try some hotels and local shops like a garden centre or something? Anything quite simple is good :)

Zuth
26-09-2011, 07:49 PM
I have a paper round its not too bad, wake up 6:45 get home 7:30, 1 hour untill buss comes :D

GirlNextDoor15
27-09-2011, 09:43 AM
Paper rounds would be good for you to understand working. LOL. Whatever jobs that you do, they usually follow working hours and if you don't wake up early, there's not much jobs then. Try Mcdonalds and other fast food jobs. They are always short of workers.

Amberr
02-10-2011, 04:43 PM
You will find it hard to find a job before you turn 16 as alot of places require that as a minimum working age. Your best hope is trying for small companies i.e corner shops or something like that. I think even McDonalds you have to be 16 to work there.

AgnesIO
02-10-2011, 05:05 PM
You don't deliver just one type of paper you deliver quite a few, but i think its nicer to do a paper round in the morning rather than in the evening as its quite refreshing to go outside before going to school and learning. But you can do evening ones depending on which news agents you go to!

Er I did one for a bit. ******* horrible getting up early - even worse when it is pissing down.

---

You literally will not get a job until you turn 16 unless you accept a paper round. You are a kid, don't feel too bad about relying on your mum and dad - although you do want to earn money yourself.

If you like football, why not train to be a referee?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!