PDA

View Full Version : Working with a broken finger

Alexx..
26-09-2011, 10:00 PM
I work in a clothes shop and it's not difficult work, it's just stuff like tidying and working on the tills but I broke my finger today and it's all strapped up.
I have two functional fingers and a thumb and I have to work at the weekend, and I don't wanna stay off because well I need the money and I feel like I can work.

I was just wondering what are the chances they'll send me home or anything like that if I turn up?

Jake
26-09-2011, 10:04 PM
They will only send you home if you are unable to work. If you can still use the tills and tidy up with your other hand then you can still work.

Alexx..
26-09-2011, 10:15 PM
They will only send you home if you are unable to work. If you can still use the tills and tidy up with your other hand then you can still work.

Ah cool, i'll still go to work then.

GirlNextDoor15
27-09-2011, 09:41 AM
Basically, you have to make yourself useful then. Try doing everything and if you can't, get help from a few friends and tell them your situation. It's not hard at all unless your fingers hurt when you start tidying stuff. If that's that, then I recommend you not to go or else, you'll make things worse. Your fingers will be more injured or something and that needs money too. Nonetheless, the probability of them sending you home might just be 0.5=50%

MissAlice
27-09-2011, 05:20 PM
I think you need to contact your employer, give them a call or better still pop in if you can, explain your situation, and make it perfectly clear that you don’t see it as a problem, and that you are keen and eager to work and you will see them at the weekend. Be positive about it, and act now, that way you won’t be left wondering what will happen on Saturday.

Sharon
27-09-2011, 08:58 PM
Well if you actually want to to work, try not to make it obvious that you're in pain (if you are)

e5
27-09-2011, 09:01 PM
Ring them if you're unsure.

Cwmbran
28-09-2011, 04:46 PM
I was actually wishing this was a thread along the lines of: "I BROKE MA FINGER ND DNT WONA WORK TODAii :(((((((((" So I could tell you to man the **** up.

There used to be a girl working for me who broke her thumb on her one hand, or had a fracture not sure but it was still tapped up. She rang me up asked if it was ok for her to work she came in and was fine with it so I don't see why they would send you home as your capable of working.

Alexx..
28-09-2011, 08:03 PM
I was actually wishing this was a thread along the lines of: "I BROKE MA FINGER ND DNT WONA WORK TODAii :(((((((((" So I could tell you to man the **** up.

There used to be a girl working for me who broke her thumb on her one hand, or had a fracture not sure but it was still tapped up. She rang me up asked if it was ok for her to work she came in and was fine with it so I don't see why they would send you home as your capable of working.

You seem such a nice person, I apologise that i'm not a moaning whingebag. Either way, I'll just go in and see what's what. Thank ya.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!