PDA

View Full Version : Best undercover car you've seen?

GoldenMerc
01-10-2011, 10:07 PM
Hi,

Im just wondering what kind of cars your police use (undercover) around your area...
I've seen Focus ST, Astra and a old nova.
What have you seen?
Ross

FlyingJesus
01-10-2011, 10:09 PM
CAN'T TELL THEY'RE UNDER A COVER LOLOLOLOLOL idk I don't think crime exists in my neighbourhood we are rather well-to-do

Joe!
01-10-2011, 10:36 PM
I've seen a couple of Jaguar XF's and a range rover sport.. seems like a waste of police money to me..

Casio
01-10-2011, 10:39 PM
Range Rover Sport, Jaguar XJF, Ford RS (Not ST), Subaru Impreza and Mitubishi Evolution

GommeInc
01-10-2011, 11:21 PM
I think the ones I know of are a Volvo S60 and a BMW X50. Given the stretch of Essex I see them they're pretty standard, blending in cars so they're ideal :P Not sure why they waste so much money on these cars, they're usually mid-range models too rather than the basic BMWs/Volvos.

tdi
02-10-2011, 01:47 AM
Each force has a set budget which they can spend on whatever they like. Up here, we have marked T5's, BMW 530d's, X5's and a couple of Evo X's. Unmarked they tend to mainly be Astras and T5's, but there's a couple of Corsas too.

I know Yorkshire has Octavia VRS's and the like as unmarked cars

Casio
02-10-2011, 08:59 AM
Each force has a set budget which they can spend on whatever they like. Up here, we have marked T5's, BMW 530d's, X5's and a couple of Evo X's. Unmarked they tend to mainly be Astras and T5's, but there's a couple of Corsas too.

I have seen the X5 too and a Shogan at Gatwick

GommeInc
02-10-2011, 11:52 AM

Strange, your marked cars are nicer and more expensive than the unmarked cars. Usually it's the other way round :P Essex naturally have a Ford army of marked police cars - the Focus as the main car, the Mondeo as the level above and the Transit for the van. The unmarked cars seem to be Volvos and BMWs here. In Kent they have Skoda as their make of choice for marked cars, and their unmarked cars seem to be Mercedes and BMWs.

Swearwolf
02-10-2011, 12:02 PM
there's 2 focus STs here, silver

marked bmw x5 pulled me once

Accipiter
02-10-2011, 12:04 PM
Range Rover Sport, Jaguar XJF, Ford RS (Not ST), Subaru Impreza and Mitubishi Evolution

The evo is undercover?

I believe we have the undercover range rovers as dog units & gun units and ford rs's as normal undercover units

AgnesIO
02-10-2011, 03:31 PM
I think the ones I know of are a Volvo S60 and a BMW X50. Given the stretch of Essex I see them they're pretty standard, blending in cars so they're ideal :P Not sure why they waste so much money on these cars, they're usually mid-range models too rather than the basic BMWs/Volvos.

I guess you need a view that are ready to chase someone? But it does seem a bit excessive getting jag's :P Still, I wouldn't moan as an officer haha

tdi
02-10-2011, 11:19 PM
Strange, your marked cars are nicer and more expensive than the unmarked cars. Usually it's the other way round :P Essex naturally have a Ford army of marked police cars - the Focus as the main car, the Mondeo as the level above and the Transit for the van. The unmarked cars seem to be Volvos and BMWs here. In Kent they have Skoda as their make of choice for marked cars, and their unmarked cars seem to be Mercedes and BMWs.

I forgot to mention the Astra's and Focuses as marked cars, as well as the Transit Connect, Transit and Sprinters! The police livery really suits the 5 series and they look awesome!

Casio
03-10-2011, 07:55 AM
The evo is undercover?

I believe we have the undercover range rovers as dog units & gun units and ford rs's as normal undercover units

I saw this down in Essex aswell as the Subaru.

danzooo
03-10-2011, 07:50 PM
Nothing too exciting here, couple of marked BMW 530d's, but mostly boggo spec Astras. The unmarked ones are all Corsas and Astras aswell, but I have seen them in unmarked Volvos and stuff before. In Edinburgh they have an unmarked Audi S3

Lamz
03-10-2011, 08:21 PM
the best C.I.D car i've seen is a silver bmw.. OMG it was sooo sexy!

tdi
03-10-2011, 11:58 PM
C.I.D are different to unmarked traffic police. CID refers to 'Criminal Investigation Department'

danzooo
05-10-2011, 07:38 PM
Just remembered I seen the other night the police in an unmarked 11 plate one of these

http://www.worldautocar.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Black-Volkswagen-Passat1.jpg

Talk about perks of the job!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!