PDA

View Full Version : It's Abstract! - Ends 7th October

Inseriousity.
02-10-2011, 10:20 PM
http://Habbox.com/text/94/Its+Abstract

I'm sure I can't be the only one who sees art sometimes and goes 'eh?! what's the point?' and the only reply they can come up with is "IT'S ABSTRACT!" Well for this competition, look at the piece of 'art' in the spoiler below (it is a genuine piece of art expected to fetch £60,000 at auction!), (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2043217/Bob-Laws-minimalist-painting-containing-just-artists-signature-worth-60k.html)imagine you're a tour guide and give an explanation of what the art symbolizes. The best explanation wins. Even better, you can't be wrong because it's abstract! Good luck!

Prize: 5 credits + 10 rep

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/09/29/article-2043217-0E23C9C600000578-645_634x801.jpg

Tom
02-10-2011, 11:25 PM
As you can see on the left of us is a painting of an oddly coloured square - My personal opinions on this is that the colours compliment the square and the date itself and I think it brings out the black on it! The way it goes from dark to light to dark again is just completely and utterly human and amazing!

beth
03-10-2011, 08:49 PM
hiya guys, welcome to bethie's fab gallery here you will see a truly exceptional piece. this piece really reflects the purity and clarity of the artists mind when he was creating this piece. the brilliance of the white shows an expression of serenity rarely seen in such modern art. this painting would not look out of place next to any van gogh or monet. the hint of shadow suggesting a hint of danger, perhaps? the depth of this painting is limitless, it's an infinite pool of white of the purest kind. the smooth curvature of the date in such simple handwriting denoting a moment of fluidity, madness. fabulous stuff. 60k and it's yrs.

CaptainAce$$
05-10-2011, 11:36 AM
Here we have a simply amazing piece of work. We are proud to
have it displaying in our gallery. The boarder is expertly
drawn by hand which is a rare thing these days and oh my, the canvas
is made up of the purerest white which royalty will be
jelous of. The most important part of an artists work is the date and
this is very much what you will look for in an abstract painting.
To me the Nothing to be Afraid of V 22.8.69 symbolizes that
although to ones eye it may appear to be nothing but a blank piece
of paper with a date on however to the artist it's his everything.

Empired
05-10-2011, 08:54 PM
You are looking at an boring square, no? No. This artist is not painting a square, he is painting through his mind and his heart. You cannot paint with your eyes, you must paint with your heart. This fabulous painting is not about the painting itself, but about how the artist portrays it. He has gone for simple, yet effective! You could look at this from any angle and see something different, no, not visually, but mentally. Look at this with your heart and let your imagination take over.

lTraditional
07-10-2011, 07:57 PM
Here is the fine art of Rebecca Black. It could be anything in your imagination! But really, it is a creative image of who will be at Justin Bieber's funeral when he dies.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!