PDA

View Full Version : Exciting Essays - Ends 15th October

Mr-Trainor
07-10-2011, 04:31 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/2v2cxnt.jpg

Essays at school aren't usually seen as the most exciting thing for everyone, but maybe that's just because you rarely get to choose what to write about! For this competition, choose a topic you'd use for an essay, if you were instructed to write one! The most interesting entry will win!

Prize: 5 credits + 10 rep

REDBULLX
11-10-2011, 01:34 AM
If I had to choose a topic for an essay, my essay topic would be; Vegetarians vs Meat-eaters !!!

Sloths
11-10-2011, 05:01 AM
Harry Potter vs Twilight. so many reasons why HP is better you'd need a large book...

Andii
11-10-2011, 02:07 PM
lol mine would be

Should Footballers get paid more than Soldiers

im obsessed with this lmao and realli feel that footballers should earn frig all tbh :L

COCOCAT
12-10-2011, 07:56 PM
This may not appeal to you, some people think im a bit loopy, and its probably not a typical subject to write an essay on...but id write about the spiritual world - including astrology, numerology, reincarnation, the afterlife. are you allowed to write an essay on subjects that are based on belief and speculation rather than facts? im not too sure! but i could write for hours and hours about those subjects. they really are fascinating..you should look up a numerology site,just for recreational use :) type in your name and birthdate and you will seriously be amazed at what it can tell you about your life. alot of numerology sites will do the calculating for you- or alternatively you can learn to add the letters up yourself..it isnt too hard..i have done up charts for family and friends and they have been in awe about its accuracy.
i truly do believe that your fate is determined by numbers and the placement of the planets when you were born and other significant events happen. i dare you to try it! you will be amazed i promise =)

CaptainAce$$
13-10-2011, 11:35 AM
Hm. Energy Companies - The Truth Revealed
I would write about how someone should go uncover and reveal the truth about how energy companies are prepared to let you starve, be homeless and have large amounts of worry on your shoulders just so they can earn a mega profit.

MultiKaching
13-10-2011, 10:31 PM
To be honest, I'd write about my dog. I love him so much and I would be able to think up various essays on that topic.

Empired
14-10-2011, 01:59 PM
I'd write about the metaphorical approach of the Bible and the effects it has on people of varying ages.
Yeah, I'm not religious, but I am interested in the way the Bible teaches people things, okay?

tylermunjkt
15-10-2011, 07:20 PM
My Essay would be about Animals..

MKR&*42
15-10-2011, 07:24 PM
Hmm... Mine would be 'The hidden truth about the internet'.

E.g. How users actually don't get a say on what is displayed on most pages - popular sites such as facebook or google will only show you information THEY THINK you will enjoy. You have no say in what isn't displayed to you.

Test; Ask a friend, who lives somewhere else? To search the word 'Italy' in Google and you do the same thing. Then get her/him to send you a screenshot of what their results were - and their results will prob. be different to yours. Google and other sites, customize what is displayed on your ip and you have no say in it.

XL. Kinda interesting tbh, also.. how Facebook keep track of all websites you visit over a 9 month period...

TheDon.
15-10-2011, 08:24 PM
It would have to be the language and accent of Americans vs English... So many differences we's have to consider all of them thoroughly and come up with a final answer.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!