PDA

View Full Version : Blackpool

GoldenMerc
11-10-2011, 09:26 PM
Well im wanting to go blackpool with a few friends this saturday and were looking for 2 rooms, 4 adults altogether.
Looking at pricing i think the max we want to spend is £30 per room, Were only staying for one night aswel, can anyone find me any links :)
+Rep
Ross

Slowpoke
11-10-2011, 09:33 PM
I live in Blackpool :D I work in the Hilton aswell :P You looking for B&B or a cheap hotel?

Slowpoke
11-10-2011, 09:53 PM
Since you'll need the info soonish and I'm going offline soon, I'll post this anyway :P If you don't like them then whatever :D

We do actually have some nice hotels here at alright prices, contrary to popular beleif. There are three really nice hotels all at different locations along the front. Cliffs (http://cliffshotelblackpool.co.uk/) is located at the Northern end of the promenade, after North Pier. It's quieter at this end and about a 10 minute walk to the town centre but it's minimum 2 nights (from £25 pp). Again, on the prom, but this time very close to North Pier and the town centre is the Claremont (http://claremonthotelblackpool.co.uk/) - two night minimum again but really, really nice. Further South, near South Pier, the Pleasure Beach and the Sandcastle and the Golden Mile (arguably the buisiest and best part of the prom) is the Viking (http://vikinghotelblackpool.co.uk/) - loads to do at this hotel. It's really nice and from £25 pp but there's no minumum night thing at this one :)

Our promenade is absolutely amazing at the moment aswell. It's not completely finished yet but if you've been here before and haevn't yet seen the progress of the massive regeneration project you won't recognise the promenade at all, it's 1000x better! :P

Casanova
11-10-2011, 10:01 PM
whats blackpool like?
I've never been there, just curious. People always say awful stuff. I'll be honest, not wanting to go for the pier thing or whatever, just a night out?

GoldenMerc
11-10-2011, 10:16 PM
Give me discount and we will be talking !

Since you'll need the info soonish and I'm going offline soon, I'll post this anyway :P If you don't like them then whatever :D

We do actually have some nice hotels here at alright prices, contrary to popular beleif. There are three really nice hotels all at different locations along the front. Cliffs (http://cliffshotelblackpool.co.uk/) is located at the Northern end of the promenade, after North Pier. It's quieter at this end and about a 10 minute walk to the town centre but it's minimum 2 nights (from £25 pp). Again, on the prom, but this time very close to North Pier and the town centre is the Claremont (http://claremonthotelblackpool.co.uk/) - two night minimum again but really, really nice. Further South, near South Pier, the Pleasure Beach and the Sandcastle and the Golden Mile (arguably the buisiest and best part of the prom) is the Viking (http://vikinghotelblackpool.co.uk/) - loads to do at this hotel. It's really nice and from £25 pp but there's no minumum night thing at this one :)

Our promenade is absolutely amazing at the moment aswell. It's not completely finished yet but if you've been here before and haevn't yet seen the progress of the massive regeneration project you won't recognise the promenade at all, it's 1000x better! :P

Slowpoke
11-10-2011, 10:24 PM
Too short notice, I'd need a couple of weeks :P

And Blackpool is a very good night out Allan. Nearly every night of the week is good too! Mondays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays are the best for our age range. Monday, Walkabout is the place to be for wet t-shirt competitions for the girls and wet trunk competitions for the lads and very cheap because it's a weekday; known as "Walkabout Mad Mondays"! :D It's always packed! Thursdays, just about everywhere is good and again, it's cheap because it's a weekday! Saturdays are insane, everywhere is packed and I mean absolutely heaving. Float around the bars and clubs in early evening and into the early hours. At around 3am, get yourself to Flamingo and you'll have the night of your life. It's a massive gay club but it's incredibly popular with straights too, easy for them to pull aswell :P Often open til about 7am! Sundays are great too and are known affectionately as "Sanuk Sundays". Start at Walkabout and then over to Sanuk around midnight for an insane night out :D Sunday is classed as a weekday oddly enough so it's cheap drinks!

As with most towns and cities, Blackpool's clubs have their fair share of drugs and violence

GoldenMerc
11-10-2011, 10:27 PM
Wanting to go from Friday till sunday now :)

Think you should have a word with your manager !

Slowpoke
11-10-2011, 10:29 PM
TOO SHORT NOTICE! Have fun though :) Maybe I should be paid to advertise Blackpool online

Casanova
11-10-2011, 10:31 PM
Plus rep buddy, it's nice you have passion for your town too :D.
If i need a guide I'm going to the hilton :rolleyes:!

Slowpoke
11-10-2011, 10:33 PM
No problem, I'll be your personal waiter ;)

GoldenMerc
11-10-2011, 10:36 PM
Your manager wouldn't say no :(
were a group
me n my gf
my gf's sister n my best mate

my gf's sister is a ****, so theres something for him !!!!!

Slowpoke
11-10-2011, 10:42 PM
The reason I cannot get you a room is because we're fully booked almost every weekend during the illuminations months in advance, silly boy!!!

GoldenMerc
11-10-2011, 10:44 PM
kick someone out, im vip ere

Hett
13-10-2011, 11:30 AM
Jesus ******* Christ! Blackpool! I'd rather sit in shoebox under my bed than grace Blackpool with my presence. It's full of grannys, gays and 12 year olds.

Samantha
13-10-2011, 03:22 PM
I go to Blackpool in October and I'm staying in the Leatham Park Hotel so you could ring them up or check their website. We stay in room 3 I think which sleeps 6 but room 2 sleeps 4 but it's very small. We get it cheap going a week but I'm not sure if it was £120 for my step sister, her son in law, her best friend and her son for 2 nights on a weekend you could ask there.

However, if you went for self catering I used to stay in Canberra holiday flats and in a ground floor flat that sleeps 6-8 I think it was 25-40 a night for all of us. Let me think, we stopped for 8 days and it cost £250 so it would be £31.25 a night if you class me and my sister as adults but there is also the top flat that can sleep 5 (it's a double room then across the landing it has a bunkbed with a double bed at bottom) and I think that could be cheaper.

However, with weekends people tend to cost more.

Circadia
13-10-2011, 08:17 PM
Jesus ******* Christ! Blackpool! I'd rather sit in shoebox under my bed than grace Blackpool with my presence. It's full of grannys, gays and 12 year olds.

Erm, you what?

Yeah Blackpool isn't the best in some places, but it is actually full of young people. No not 12 years olds, teenagers! I lived here all my life and when i've been to Blackpool town centre there was hardly any 'grannys' as you put it, the majority of people there are my age and above. So if you want to say something about a place please read up on your knowledge first!

And on the topic, the best place is the Hilton, its really nice and its easy to get around from there. I don't know much in the way of prices but its well worth what you pay :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!