PDA

View Full Version : Wales v France

Ardemax
15-10-2011, 01:50 PM
I'm sure most of you won't care but for those who do, what did you think of it?

What did you think of the sending off?

Imo, we should have won. If the "ref" didn't send of Mr. Warbuton then it would've been a whole different story.

All the chances that were nearly points and all the handling errors when it was crucial, really made the scoreline of 8-9 quite impressive.

Thoughts?

ihatehash
16-10-2011, 09:50 PM
As much as I would love to agree with you and say that France should have been out a long should have been out a long time ago (They lost to tonga for **** sake!) The sending off I believe was fair, you cannot lift a player like that in rugby, everyone knows that. Yes a yellow card would have been better suited but a red card is what is recommended by the IRB. Wales had their chances to win about 6 or 7, they just didn't take advantage of them and that is why France is in the final and Wales isn't.

Ardemax
16-10-2011, 10:04 PM
As much as I would love to agree with you and say that France should have been out a long should have been out a long time ago (They lost to tonga for **** sake!) The sending off I believe was fair, you cannot lift a player like that in rugby, everyone knows that. Yes a yellow card would have been better suited but a red card is what is recommended by the IRB. Wales had their chances to win about 6 or 7, they just didn't take advantage of them and that is why France is in the final and Wales isn't.

I would've said a red was too far.

Have you seen some of the tackles made by the likes of South Africa? Not even a sin bin...

ihatehash
17-10-2011, 03:24 AM
I would've said a red was too far.

Have you seen some of the tackles made by the likes of South Africa? Not even a sin bin...

But they don't lift the player up and turned them upside down, Warbuton did and that was his fatal error.

Catzsy
17-10-2011, 12:30 PM
I feel if he hadn't done it it was odds on that as they seemed very likely Wales would have won so the responsibility is his and his alone. It was a very dangerous tackle and he was lucky that the person was not seriously injured. You can't blame the ref as they are requested to deal harshly with these offences ie spear tackles. He did not even have the guts to admit his error in the after match interview. What is positive is that Wales are really improving as a team and becoming formidable opposition for anybody so I don't think the emotional hype and paranoid thinking that 'refs are out to get them' helps. It is embarrasssing for them and others to make excuses like this and the won't get the reputation they deserve until this stops.

Ardemax
18-10-2011, 05:08 PM
I feel if he hadn't done it it was odds on that as they seemed very likely Wales would have won so the responsibility is his and his alone. It was a very dangerous tackle and he was lucky that the person was not seriously injured. You can't blame the ref as they are requested to deal harshly with these offences ie spear tackles. He did not even have the guts to admit his error in the after match interview. What is positive is that Wales are really improving as a team and becoming formidable opposition for anybody so I don't think the emotional hype and paranoid thinking that 'refs are out to get them' helps. It is embarrasssing for them and others to make excuses like this and the won't get the reputation they deserve until this stops.

Youngest team in the northern hemisphere I believe... so good signs if we're nearly beating South Africa!

But they don't lift the player up and turned them upside down, Warbuton did and that was his fatal error.

Red cards are given for malice, such as eye gouging or stomping on a player. What he did was not that of the sort and it was deffo worth a yellow, not red.

Catzsy
18-10-2011, 05:19 PM
Youngest team in the northern hemisphere I believe... so good signs if we're nearly beating South Africa!

Red cards are given for malice, such as eye gouging or stomping on a player. What he did was not that of the sort and it was deffo worth a yellow, not red.

And spear tackles :P I think Wales have a lot going for them. :)

Ardemax
18-10-2011, 05:29 PM
And spear tackles :P I think Wales have a lot going for them. :)

I was surprised at how quick he actually showed the red card, you know?

Ref's normal like talk about it for a bit with their other officials, go to TMO then issue it. The commentators couldn't keep up with the pace of the sending off...

I'm sure they should've picked a different referee though haha. He's Irish and his dad his French? :S

ihatehash
20-10-2011, 01:49 AM
They chose him because he can speak french therefore communicate with the players well. He even might be the ref for the final

Ardemax
20-10-2011, 02:02 PM
They chose him because he can speak french therefore communicate with the players well. He even might be the ref for the final

I doubt he's the ref for the final.

It's weird because he told the french players what they did wrong in french, then explained them why in english?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!