PDA

View Full Version : I got a C... I'm really worried.

Gummyish
21-10-2011, 06:48 PM
I just started a new school this year (Year 10), We recently did an assessment that was 7% of our GCSE. I got a C in it, I'm a grade A student.

I'm really worried. What do? :/

Kyle
21-10-2011, 06:50 PM
Try harder?

C is average and considering it is only 7% it won't make that much of a difference if you pull your socks up for future assessments.

MKR&*42
21-10-2011, 07:01 PM
That's not that much of an issue?

Like Kyle said, 7% is barely anything - and won't be that much of a big deal. Besides, Year 10 isn't that important - if you've got an assessment that's like 30% of your GCSE, then yes that's important - but Year 11 is more of a big deal.

Besides, C is average - nothing wrong with a C :) , It's not a D is it?

Even A Grade students mess up :L and vice versa. Grades can easily be predicted wrong - I was predicted a C/D in Science, and went on to get an A* on 1 of the tests > overall science grade became an A.

But yeah, that's not a big deal. Gl when you have maths tests that are worth 40% of overall marks X_x

Samantha
21-10-2011, 07:19 PM
Wow Gummyish still comes on HabboxForum :P!

Anyway, just think about what you could improve on next time, is there no chance of a resit if you are really worried? Also, getting better grades will bump it up so see how it goes!

Neversoft
21-10-2011, 07:44 PM
Obviously you're a grade C student.

Circadia
21-10-2011, 08:34 PM
That's not that much of an issue?

Like Kyle said, 7% is barely anything - and won't be that much of a big deal. Besides, Year 10 isn't that important - if you've got an assessment that's like 30% of your GCSE, then yes that's important - but Year 11 is more of a big deal.

Besides, C is average - nothing wrong with a C :) , It's not a D is it?

Even A Grade students mess up :L and vice versa. Grades can easily be predicted wrong - I was predicted a C/D in Science, and went on to get an A* on 1 of the tests > overall science grade became an A.

But yeah, that's not a big deal. Gl when you have maths tests that are worth 40% of overall marks X_x

For me year 11 is the least important year because i started my GCSEs a year early so i'm in the last year of my GCSEs which for me is year 10

But anyway I'm an A/A* Student and i got a D in my Short course RE exam, tbh i don't really care because i hated RE, but don't worry because if its only 7% its not gonna do much in effecting your overall grade

AgnesIO
21-10-2011, 08:38 PM
Just want to check, if your school says you are expected to get A's in everything, take a quick step in to reality. You probably won't.

chantellehugs
21-10-2011, 08:41 PM
What you should do is revise harder next time, and make sure that you're not getting C's if you don't want them in future assessments.

Ardemax
21-10-2011, 09:37 PM
Straight A student at the start of year 10?

Riiiiiiight.

And like others have said before, 7% is like less than 8%, so it's nothing.

e5
21-10-2011, 10:41 PM
C's are still a good pass mark. Anything below that would be a concern, but a C is still good. As others have said, you're still only in year 10, you've got another year to work towards getting an A and 7% is only a very small percentage of your final grade so certainly nothing to worry about.

Set your standards low and you'll never be disappointed ;)

GirlNextDoor15
22-10-2011, 09:50 AM
Not bad. You must try harder next time and if not, how would you know if you are a grade A student. lol

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!