PDA

View Full Version : Simoncelli dies in Sepang crash

DPS
23-10-2011, 07:31 PM
Italian MotoGP rider Marco Simoncelli dies after crashing in the Malaysian Grand Prix in Sepang.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/motorbikes/default.stm

Eric
24-10-2011, 03:47 AM
I just read this ;( R.I.P

Narnat,
24-10-2011, 04:06 AM
I saw it on the news, it's such a shame R.I.P well atleast he died doing something he loved.

Hopeless
24-10-2011, 06:58 AM
Terrible news. The video is horrific. RIP.

GirlNextDoor15
24-10-2011, 07:12 AM
I watched the video and was pretty shocked. R.I.P

Catzsy
24-10-2011, 09:05 AM
This is so sad especially after the indy driver's death last week. I just hope there is not another as it seems to run in threes.

geo
24-10-2011, 09:26 AM
Watched the video.. was shocking really. Such a shame, RIP. :(

Hecktix
24-10-2011, 06:12 PM
I beg people not to watch the video of this accident or photographs on certain websites, it's disrespectful to both the rider and his family. I watched this live and it's absolutely devastated me, I have followed Simoncelli's career for 5 or 6 years and would call myself a fan.

The Daily Mail documented this crash in picture form, there were even images of Marco's body being ridden over - it's disgraceful and there is currently a campaign on twitter within the motorcycling community to boycott the daily mail. Today, after receiving a tonne of complaints they put up a message saying "warning graphic images" - it's entirely disgraceful. You wouldn't show images of a man being ran over in the street so why on the race track? If a sportsman dies they should be celebrated, therefore images shown in articles should be of their high points and not their low points. The motorcycle media have done a wonderful job at this, it's a shame the larger general media outlets in this country don't have the same tact.

Ciao, SuperSic #58 - you were an absolute legend and would have been a future World Champion.

jackass
24-10-2011, 06:18 PM
Very sad news, he was a very promising sportsman. RIP.

Stephen
24-10-2011, 07:23 PM
Yeah bad crash RIP I'd hate to be the close friend that hit him

I saw it on the news, it's such a shame R.I.P well atleast he died doing something he loved.

I hate it when people say "Atleast he/she died doing something they loved" You don't say it to people who like to drive their car and die in a car crash "Damn even tho he got both of his legs painfully chopped off in a collision and then died from blood loss 30 minutes later atleast he died doing something he loved"

I beg people not to watch the video of this accident or photographs on certain websites, it's disrespectful to both the rider and his family. I watched this live and it's absolutely devastated me, I have followed Simoncelli's career for 5 or 6 years and would call myself a fan.

The Daily Mail documented this crash in picture form, there were even images of Marco's body being ridden over - it's disgraceful and there is currently a campaign on twitter within the motorcycling community to boycott the daily mail. Today, after receiving a tonne of complaints they put up a message saying "warning graphic images" - it's entirely disgraceful. You wouldn't show images of a man being ran over in the street so why on the race track? If a sportsman dies they should be celebrated, therefore images shown in articles should be of their high points and not their low points. The motorcycle media have done a wonderful job at this, it's a shame the larger general media outlets in this country don't have the same tact.

Ciao, SuperSic #58 - you were an absolute legend and would have been a future World Champion.

i watched it after I read ur post
u mad?

Hecktix
24-10-2011, 07:26 PM
Yeah bad crash RIP I'd hate to be the close friend that hit him

I hate it when people say "Atleast he/she died doing something they loved" You don't say it to people who like to drive their car and die in a car crash "Damn even tho he got both of his legs painfully chopped off in a collision and then died from blood loss 30 minutes later atleast he died doing something he loved"
?

You're wrong, a motorcycle racer makes it quite clear in times like these that they would rather die on the race track than in any other manner, they are also known to want to be celebrated if they die on the track.

Of course they don't expect to die, but they know that every time they pull their visor down and race, there's a chance of it happening.

Stephen
24-10-2011, 07:36 PM
okay then sorry

good job im glad he died racing

well done to him on his amazing victorious racing death

*slow clap*

Hecktix
24-10-2011, 07:47 PM
okay then sorry

good job im glad he died racing

well done to him on his amazing victorious racing death

*slow clap*

You are an incredibly disrespectful sick person.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!