PDA

View Full Version : How to tell bosses

Blinger
25-10-2011, 02:47 AM
Hey guys.
I'm at a complete loss how to do this. I really need to ask my bosses for a complete weekend every two - three weeks. I need this off because I want to reclaim my social life. Work has literally taken it away from me. I work every weekend so i can't hang.out with my mates.
My work ethic is "work before play". Even if I get the day off they ask me to work I'll likely say yes :-/. I feel bad if I dont.

So any help?

P.s. its literally got to the point where I would quit bakin' for the time to spend with my mates.

FlyingJesus
25-10-2011, 12:07 PM
Lie. Tell them you joined some sort of sports team that has training saturdays and games sundays every other weekend or something, and that you'll gladly make up the hours during the week if they can guarantee you'll have the time off

xdinosaurdaniel
25-10-2011, 02:19 PM
Tell them you have to start watching a sibling or a family member and that youll take more hours in the week

Demi
25-10-2011, 02:49 PM
Just say family issues. Can't ask you anything about it as it's a personal reason.

Blinger
25-10-2011, 03:08 PM
Haha sorry! I should have said, they are "close" to me, as in we sometimes go for motorbike rides together, and **** like that.
There are also only 6-7 bakers and four of us work at a time :-/

Vinnie:Safety
25-10-2011, 03:10 PM
Simply, Just go up to him and ask him.
It's only hard if your the quiet type, shy.
Like me, but to get things you want, gotta do it.

Blinger
25-10-2011, 03:15 PM
Simply, Just go up to him and ask him.
It's only hard if your the quiet type, shy.
Like me, but to get things you want, gotta do it.

Yep. I'm the shy one. Even though I shouldn't be when asking simple **** like this. I just think its a lot to as for. The weekend is hands down the busiest time of the week and being a pretty good baker doesn't help, does it? Lol

25-10-2011, 03:18 PM
Thats right even with simple **** , i know how it is buddy.
And yeah that doesn't help does it.. Lol
But.. Work is work. Im assuming you're an adult, adults have responsibilites, it's life..
So your choice really is, Just go with what you're doing now.
Or you can ask for the full weekends off every 2-3 weeks or so.
YET, its not like its everyweekend, as i just took into my head, so i would say just ask him. ~ThumbsUp~

Blinger
26-10-2011, 02:58 PM
Okay so I pretty much just smsed them because I'm too soft to ask in person. No doubt they'll bring it up when I work next. Got a some what decent reply, basically said that they'll try and there is no guarantee.

26-10-2011, 04:13 PM
Good, hope you get what you want.

Inseriousity.
26-10-2011, 09:48 PM
My mum's the same. Can't say no because she's a bit of a pushover and doesn't want the aggro. Much easier if she gets along with everyone even if it means she has to miss out on stuff she really wanted to do and people would naturally take advantage of this attitude but there needs to come a time when you have to put yourself first. When it's mentioned, just be honest but twist it so that it actually makes more sense to let you have a day off rather than not let you have it off (ie balance between social life and work = healthy employee and the usual crap like that). Good luck! :D

Blinger
27-10-2011, 12:58 AM
Yeah had a lovely (sarcasm) little chit chat with them.. fourty five ******* minutes long! Not cool when you wanna.go home.

Basically they say I've had the most weekends off (really? I doubt it. I'd pounce like a fly on horse **** to with my mates) And that they'll try. And my self confidence isn't high at the moment (not sure why, I thought its the same) and how I don't like big corporate chains and prefer independent etc. Load of Tosh. Took it on the chin, just give me weekends off.

I don't think they listened when I said I don't want every weekend or expect even a day off every weekend..

27-10-2011, 03:51 AM
Maybe it's time to step up in the world. Open your own bakery(;

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

Blinger
27-10-2011, 05:15 AM
Maybe it's time to step up in the world. Open your own bakery(;

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

Haha that's my ultimate goal, which I WILL be able to complete. Dad just opened his own recently so I have some reassurance there and help (paper work, choosing the best store, and experience help)

27-10-2011, 01:44 PM
That's great man, wish you the best of luck.

danzooo
02-11-2011, 04:49 PM
Why don't you write them a letter? I found it a great relief when it was mandatory that I had to do that in order to hand in my notice at my old job, otherwise I'd never have been able to pluck up the courage to tell my old manager I was leaving.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!