PDA

View Full Version : Time to say goodbye - I love you all!!

Martin
28-10-2011, 01:27 PM
Okay, I'm feeling mightly lazy today so I'm just going to copy this from my PM:

Okay, I'm not very good at these so here goes. Going to keep it short and sweet.

I've been thinking lately and I've come to the decision that I would like to resign from my role here at Habbox.

I've had an amazing time and it's almost a year ago now that I got given this chance to be a member of General Management at Habbox and it's gone really quick!

Lately something has changed and I don't know what it is, It's probably me getting too old for all of this, but I've come to the conclusion that I'm spending far too much time worrying about Habbox related things when really I should be putting a bit of time aside for me too. It has been an absolute pleasure working with all of you, and whilst I cannot change some peoples opinions about me, I really do have the upmost respect for you all and value you as good friends. I think it's that idea that opinions can't change that causes a problem, since I genuinely can't stand arguments and negative feelings and I'm the kind of person who stays away from such things because of how they make me feel and I just feel that life is too short for resentment and not getting along with people.

From being a Super Moderator, News Manager and Assistant Forum Manager in 2009/2010 to where I am today, the whole journey has been absolutely amazing and Habbox really has played such an important role in my life. As most of you will be aware, I'm not the most confident of people and so having the opportunity to talk to new people and make new friends has been amazing.

I've really enjoyed the role and it's been great being a part of the team and helping to manage the community side of things at Habbox. Whilst there may have been arguments and fallings outs along the way, I do believe we were a good team when at our best and you guys have what it takes in you to really take Habbox forwards and back up where it belongs. I think part of me has lost the initial motivation I had and these days I get really tired and stuff and find that it's all becoming a bit too repetitive and stuff.

Matt, you've been so kind to me over the past few years and I've got to know you so well. You make me laugh/smile so much with the things you come out with and you're just such a genuinely nice person with the kindest of hearts. I hope some day you and Justin bieber get it together or something and that you have a happy life with your pet lemur. Seriously, thanks so much for all the help you've given me from when I was first in the moderation department to now. You have the time for anyone, and you are seriously such a nice guy. I wish you luck with everything and continue doing an amazing job!!

Dan, It honestly feels like I've known you forever, and I'm going to miss all of our chats. I hope some day you get round to making hatbox.com because I think it will be a great success! Whilst I know lately you've been shoved aside in some respects just focusing mostly on staff perms, I can ensure you that you are an important part of the team and I have loved every minute of working with you. You're such a kind person who always has the best interests of others and heart and is always willing to help and work as a team to get things done. You're awesome! Keep up the great work and good luck with everything you do.

David, I've known you for a good while too and it's been great getting to know you. You scare me with the amount of knowledge you have computer wise to the point when I first spoke to you I thought you were a computer yourself. We were great friends and you've helped me through a lot over the past couple of years. It was always lovely speaking to you! I'm sorry that I can be annoying at times and do things wrong and generally act like a moaning douchebag and I know that you always have the best interests of Habbox at heart with everything you do and thats how it should be. Keep up the great work.

Jin, Whilst there have been huge gaps between talking to you due to your work, I've always loved talking to you, and you really are a breath of fresh air. You're extremely comical at times and you're very light hearted and seem like a really fun guy. You scared me at first I admit, however gradually over the years I've gotten to speak to you much easier and it really has been a pleasure.

I want you to understand that I'm not doing this because I dislike Habbox anymore or anything. I love Habbox and as I said- it's been the backbone of my life for a good few years now. I just feel I am getting too old for certain aspects now and am getting to the point where it does become a bit of a chore I guess. Habbox to me is the only fansite I have ever looked at and thats because of its amazing community and amazing people.

One of my reasons for not resigning sooner was the feeling that I would become 'alone' again with nobody to talk to and nothing worthwhile with meaning to do. Habbox has given me the chance to make so many friends and basically feel a bit more normal and it does let you express yourself more.

I came to the realisation this evening that I don't need Habbox anymore to have the main thing I want in life, and that's just to be accepted by someone as a friend away from Habbox and after looking all my life, I have finally found my best friend and that's an amazing thing.

I feel its now time I took a break away from Habbox and concentrated on other things and working on getting my life back on track a bit. I've got the friend I so desperately wanted, and just having them to talk to is now strong enough to eliminate the need for Habbox in my life. That's nothing against the site or you guys, I just need a change I guess.

Habbox can be really stressful sometimes, especially the higher you go I think, and I've cried so much over not getting things right, arguments, feelings and emotions, and it really does get you down sometimes. I don't want it to get to the point where I'm getting a migraine just logging in to Habbox and being confronted by various bad feelings etc, and so I do think its best not only for the good of me, but for the good of Habbox that I resign at this time. I feel like I've done all I can now and the energy within me is just zapped. I know I haven't done things to the best of my ability lately and for that I'm sorry, and like I'm sure whoever gets the role will throw some new life into it and some fresh ideas etc.

Thank you all for everything, I love you all and hope to stay in contact with all of you. There's probably hundreds of things I've missed that I wanted to say, but just know that despite all the crap in my life, Habbox has been the one good thing and its been amazing.

Martin

That was the version my limey friends got, however I just want to take a quick moment to thank all of the staff and members here at Habbox for making my journey so amazing. Habbox has THE best community, and everyone here is so friendly and welcoming and its that fact which keeps Habbox as being the best place to be.

I want to thank all of the department managers I've worked with. You've all been amazing and put in so much effort into your departments. It's been fabulous working with you all and getting to know you. I regard you all as great friends and will of course continue to talk to you all! Good luck with everything you do and keep up the amazing work. Sometimes you don't get the recognition you all deserve for the amount of hours you all put in, but I can assure you it's all really appreciated and worth the effort.

I'm going to miss you all a lot, but I leave knowing that things will be looked after well and that the Habbox community will continue to grow stronger.

I would also like to thank all of the members for being so nice and being such a pleasure to work with and get to know. I've made some amazing friends here and ones that I will keep forever which is lovely. :)

Thanks again to everyone who I've got to know over the past few years, thanks to everyone who gave me opportunities to work in various departments and get to where I am today, and to everyone who talked to me and made me feel not so alone. You're all very special people and I wish you all the very best of luck. I will still browse the forums and stuff, and enjoy Habbox as a member. Sometimes the stress can be a little too much and I'm getting to the age where I have to make some important decisions and stuff and this is one of them. It's hard to let go, but it's time I tried something new and had a bit of free time.

Love you everyone!! :) xx :love:

Jordan
28-10-2011, 01:30 PM
as I said in the other thread,

You've done so much with Habbox that won't be forgotten, you'll be missed by the whole community and you are gunna leave a gap!!!

ill miss ya buddie x

Kyle
28-10-2011, 01:33 PM
o m g

cya

buttons
28-10-2011, 01:38 PM
r.i.p bolt

Zeptis
28-10-2011, 01:39 PM
I hate when I see GM resignation threads, Cuz I love every one of you, Hope you enjoy the real world :( :)

sophiethenerd
28-10-2011, 01:39 PM
Bolt.
I appreciate why you are resigning and I would just like to say when I was staff you were awesome to work with, and as a member you are awesome to hang out with.
I hope you still post around the forum.
But yeah I think lots of people would like to say thank you for your hard work.

beth
28-10-2011, 01:46 PM
already said my piece in the staff thread but will miss you :(

Palosm
28-10-2011, 01:52 PM
Sorry to hear that you're leaving!

xdinosaurdaniel
28-10-2011, 01:54 PM
Only been here 2 weeks and already sad to see you go xD

Inseriousity.
28-10-2011, 01:55 PM
omgosh i clicked this and didn't realise it'd be you!! Thanks for all your hard work Martin! Maybe one day you'll realise that you're never alone.

GirlNextDoor15
28-10-2011, 01:58 PM
The atmosphere will definitely change after you left Habbox.
Although I talked to you only a few times, you are the most friendly and easy going person I've ever met on Habbox. I wish you all the best for your future and good luck! Love you loads. We'll keep in touch. :'(

geo
28-10-2011, 02:43 PM
Omg! Such a shame that you're leaving, Martin! :(
I don't think Habbox will be the same, you made it a little bit more fun. :)
Good luck in the future and things! xx

Mr-Trainor
28-10-2011, 02:54 PM
Omg I just typed up a reply then Internet decided to crash :'(. Writes again..

Martin :'(. I clicked this thread title without knowing that it was you! You've been an amazing person throughout my time at Habbox, and I'm surprised to see you leaving now, I certainly didn't expect it! You've shown a high level of dedication towards Habbox, and I can even remember when you were a manager in two departments! It's also clear that you've put a lot of effort in to Habbox throughout your time here, and you're certainly going to be missed. It would be nice to still see you on the forums/on MSN. I can see why you have decided to leave, but you're still going to be missed by a lot of people; and you've done very well in your role as far as I can see.

GoldenMerc
28-10-2011, 03:27 PM
Didn't see a bit about me, so i hate you more. But best of luck in the future mate, you defiantly improved Habbox.

Alkaz
28-10-2011, 03:29 PM
It's a shame to see you resign Martin. I know how much you love being at Habbox and all that goes with it so I know it must have been a hard decision for you. Good luck with everything else you do in your life. x

Aaron
28-10-2011, 03:33 PM
Ah Martin, well I understand while your leaving but Habbox will be lost without you.

Thanks for your dedication and hard work that you put into Habbox, I must say it's been a pleasure getting to know you and having the chance to work with you.

I wish you all the best in the future and happy that you've found where you want to be.

Don't be a stranger! :P

AgnesIO
28-10-2011, 03:37 PM
Didn't see a bit about me, so i hate you more. But best of luck in the future mate, you defiantly improved Habbox.

He rebelliously improved Habbox? o.O

---

See you, Martin :) Never new you were such an emotional person, nor your life.

You''ll be missed x

Elegance
28-10-2011, 03:38 PM
i really wasn't expecting this!! :'( it's such a shame to see you go. best of look in the future martin! :)xx

GoldenMerc
28-10-2011, 03:41 PM
Oh Mr Dom you love twisting my words :P

He rebelliously improved Habbox? o.O

---

See you, Martin :) Never new you were such an emotional person, nor your life.

You''ll be missed x

AgnesIO
28-10-2011, 03:43 PM
Oh Mr Dom you love twisting my words :P

You said it!!

you defiantly improved Habbox.

Zuth
28-10-2011, 04:03 PM
You've been a great asset to Habbox, Martin! You will be missed :( Bye Martin :( :( :(

Red
28-10-2011, 04:04 PM
Aww your leaving will be a huge loss to the community. :( Nobody wants their time online to be stressful so hopefully now you can just enjoy posting! I haven't been here long but can tell you put a lot of hard work in. Sorry to hear that you struggle with confidence but i'm really happy that you have found someone in real life that you can confide in. Really wish you the best of luck in what you do in the future and hope you can keep gaining confidence and growing as a person :) mwah x

Hecktix
28-10-2011, 07:55 PM
Habbox has just lost the most dedicated member of staff it's had for as long as I can remember, this is a horrendous loss for Habbox and I imagine it will hit it quite hard. You are an absolutely lovely person Martin - very genuine. You were wasted in the role that you had, you had potential to do so much more and take Habbox right back up the rankings. I have many good memories of working with you, from when we were both moderators to when I was Forum Manager to when I was AGM and then GM. I worked with you for a long time and you became a very good friend, and as a friend I am absolutely thrilled you have decided to leave Habbox as I think it's definitely best for you as a person. It's a pleasure to know you and you are one of the only people I pop back on MSN to speak to occasionally :)Good luck!

beth
28-10-2011, 08:34 PM
Habbox has just lost the most dedicated member of staff it's had for as long as I can remember, this is a horrendous loss for Habbox and I imagine it will hit it quite hard. You are an absolutely lovely person Martin - very genuine. You were wasted in the role that you had, you had potential to do so much more and take Habbox right back up the rankings. I have many good memories of working with you, from when we were both moderators to when I was Forum Manager to when I was AGM and then GM. I worked with you for a long time and you became a very good friend, and as a friend I am absolutely thrilled you have decided to leave Habbox as I think it's definitely best for you as a person. It's a pleasure to know you and you are one of the only people I pop back on MSN to speak to occasionally :)Good luck!

horrendous loss? oli babe he's not dead xx

Hecktix
28-10-2011, 08:54 PM
horrendous loss? oli babe he's not dead xxYou should know what I mean, Bethany ;)

RyRy
28-10-2011, 08:56 PM
Dude no way. No ******* way man, you were sound as a pound and well you still are, have a good life man x

MissAlice
29-10-2011, 12:26 AM
We have spoken a few times, and for me it’s always been a pleasure. You have always been very polite and sincere and having read your leaving post just confirms what I thought, that you are genuinely a good and lovely person. I hope the path you take is golden for you :)

Blinger
29-10-2011, 01:18 AM
Not going to lie, I didn't read it all. "Short and sweet" isn't half a novel!
see you bolty, possibly the best senior staff habbox has had in a long time.

Eric
29-10-2011, 05:00 AM
Awww ;( Goodbye!

Matt
29-10-2011, 05:12 AM
Cya Martin, you have put so much work into Habbox and its paid off :) Goodluck for the Future x

Deak
29-10-2011, 08:04 AM
Cya Bolt / Martin! Hope you have a great life & pop back to see habbox soon :)

Rainbow
29-10-2011, 08:18 AM
Awww, its a shame to see you go:( best of luck for the future!!! :)

lawrawrrr
29-10-2011, 11:50 AM
martin! :'(

Such a loss here. You're amazing - not only because of the dedication you've shown, but because you're such an amazing person to talk to. Wishing you all the best for the future, and my promise to always be there for a vent is always open okay? Love you :loveyou: :( xoxooxxo

garriet
29-10-2011, 11:57 AM
shame to see you go, you have put so much into habbox and we are all really grateful for that :) byeeee good luck in your future!!! xo

wixard
29-10-2011, 12:12 PM
so who's taking over hxhd now

Martin
29-10-2011, 12:30 PM
so who's taking over hxhd now

There will be HxHD changes on Tuesday when the new AGM (Community) will be opening his helpdesk. Jin asked if I would keep my room going until Tuesday due to the Halloween layout. :P

Aidenn
29-10-2011, 12:32 PM
Creeep.

Hate you now.

AgnesIO
29-10-2011, 12:33 PM
There will be HxHD changes on Tuesday when the new AGM (Community) will be opening his helpdesk. Jin asked if I would keep my room going until Tuesday due to the Halloween layout. :P

Just saying, you signature is very long.

I see how it is though. You are racist against DJ's and content designers.

Sickening!

Martin
29-10-2011, 12:37 PM
Just saying, you signature is very long.

I see how it is though. You are racist against DJ's and content designers.

Sickening!

Not racist against DJ's!! I love the Habboxlive team! During the past year I've streamed on hxl loads (never talked though haha).

Content would have been ok I guess, but as for graphics just NO LOL. Myke doesn't like ma gfx skills :(

Thanks everyone!!! :) Means a lot!!

AgnesIO
29-10-2011, 12:39 PM
Not racist against DJ's!! I love the Habboxlive team! During the past year I've streamed on hxl loads (never talked though haha).

Content would have been ok I guess, but as for graphics just NO LOL. Myke doesn't like ma gfx skills :(

Thanks everyone!!! :) Means a lot!!

Oh I missed graphics, but that is since graphics evidently don't count :rolleyes:

But content? Sickening.

See you though, sure you will stay around :)

scottish
29-10-2011, 01:05 PM
1 night your in hffm lounge saying you like hffm, next night you 'resign'

anyways that was way 2 long, bye

Rozi
29-10-2011, 01:48 PM
ADIOS BOLTYWOLTY XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hollie
29-10-2011, 03:54 PM
Aww it's a shame youre leaving martin, good luck in the future xx

The Don
29-10-2011, 08:10 PM
I can't remember ever speaking to you but I can imagine the amount of time and effort you've put in to Habbox over the years and wish you nothing but the best for the future!

davecool656
29-10-2011, 08:26 PM
bye bolt you will be sadly missed :( :(

Chippiewill
29-10-2011, 10:06 PM
You're coming back when your Halloween Donator expires.. amirite?

Grig
29-10-2011, 11:39 PM
We both had a great news running news together and had great memories. It's a true shame to see you go. I know how you feel, I barely have time to visit this site anymore myself, hopefully you can sort out your life and have a successful future and I just wish you the very best, without going onto a massive essay that will just be bulleted with a old man procrastinating over old times! x

Narnat,
30-10-2011, 12:21 AM
Bye, best of luck in the future!

Sonex
30-10-2011, 03:01 AM
K bye.

GirlNextDoor15
30-10-2011, 03:31 AM

I love your room. Will you still keep your room after leaving? :(

October
30-10-2011, 11:04 AM
Okay, I'm feeling mightly lazy today so I'm just going to copy this from my PM:

lol i like how you said short and sweet.

bye dude g/l congrats on winning pass the carrot

ajs406
26-11-2011, 08:30 PM
Bye :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!