PDA

View Full Version : Driving Lesson

Imosae
29-10-2011, 01:58 PM
Got a driving lesson tomorrow morning at 8/9. :(
I am nothing but petrified as i don't know what to expect like wise and i no nothing about the controls or nothing, so has anyone done a driving lesson on here before and what was it like? And osorry if this seems to be a stupid thread, lol.

Thread moved by Jordan (Forum Super Moderator): From 'Discuss Anything' to here as more suited

xdinosaurdaniel
29-10-2011, 01:58 PM
lmao its not that scary you just drive around the area where the dmv is.. pretty easy haha idk if they will make you parallel park though which sucks imo :p

j0rd
29-10-2011, 01:59 PM
Just take it as it comes, I bet you will be surprised how quick you will learn.
I'm on like 20th hour and booked test, I love driving now :D!

Aidenn
29-10-2011, 02:06 PM
depends on how quick you learn and how interested you are.

If you learn quick and are generally youll learn quick and hopefully driving will become second nature to you. Good luck :)

Imosae
29-10-2011, 02:15 PM
depends on how quick you learn and how interested you are.

If you learn quick and are generally youll learn quick and hopefully driving will become second nature to you. Good luck :)

I am totally interested in cars, driving just didn't see this moment coming because it s a 'surprise' for my birthday tomorrow, and now that i have found out that i will be taking driving lessons tomorrow i am nothing but interested, that's what i want to do and learn as soon as possible and the basics of driving then hopefully it'll be all over and done with then, just need to over come that one nerve then i will be alright.. :)

Just take it as it comes, I bet you will be surprised how quick you will learn.
I'm on like 20th hour and booked test, I love driving now :D!

20th hour, cool. Is it true when you pick a driving school like 'Imosae's Driving School' or whatever but not like the famous ones like BSM, RED, AA, etc you like pass straight away so you don't have to go through all the 20th hours and go over and over the driving lessons all the time on different days, lol i made that made sense?! But yeah anyway. I just cannot wait to get on the road.

lmao its not that scary you just drive around the area where the dmv is.. pretty easy haha
idk if they will make you parallel park though which sucks imo :p

They haven't told me nothing only my parents have organised this one for my birthday tomorrow, but i'll struggle with parallel parking and **** just because i have autism.. and know nothing about that kind of stuff, unless the instructor intructs me what to do.

Chris
29-10-2011, 02:24 PM
Ive been having lessons for a few weeks, at first I was pretty nervous but you're instructor will guide you if you get stuck. Good luck! :)

j0rd
29-10-2011, 02:25 PM
20th hour, cool. Is it true when you pick a driving school like 'Imosae's Driving School' or whatever but not like the famous ones like BSM, RED, AA, etc you like pass straight away so you don't have to go through all the 20th hours and go over and over the driving lessons all the time on different days, lol i made that made sense?! But yeah anyway. I just cannot wait to get on the road.

No, you can still pass/fail from being with local driving schools. I feel local driving schools can be a tad better, they know what your talking about and you can talk more to heart with them. They also seem to have a joke more (my opinion).

Recursion
29-10-2011, 04:00 PM
On my first lesson it was literally safety checks (you know all the ones you forget as soon as you pass...) and moving off/stopping/gear changes. All really basic and I was instructed all the way.

Accipiter
29-10-2011, 04:06 PM
They expected you to reach at least 50 mile an hour, 4 gear & an emergency stop in your first lesson, good luck!

Sometimes they ask you to do a hand brake turn and a rolling action jump from the vehicle while it's still moving!

It's a lesson, you learn at your own pace no need to panic

Oleh
29-10-2011, 10:23 PM
I'm currently on my 13th lesson and only just done bay parking.

So it does take a while to learn.

Have fun and don't get nervous (You make mistakes)

Chippiewill
29-10-2011, 10:37 PM
Good thread idea, I start driving in a month or so, this thread has put to bed some of the worries I had..

ben
30-10-2011, 12:22 AM
I'm currently on my 13th lesson and only just done bay parking.

So it does take a while to learn.

Have fun and don't get nervous (You make mistakes)

i done bay parking later then that and done it once
having said that i am a sick driver so yeah

Imosae
30-10-2011, 11:24 AM
Good thread idea, I start driving in a month or so, this thread has put to bed some of the worries I had..

*insert sarcasm here* ?

Hi guys, completed my first test. And i started of rather badly, then finished of excellently after i got the hang of it. That's all that matters.

Lee
30-10-2011, 01:49 PM
Dont be nervous, be excited! Your not expected to know how to drive, hence why there lessons! You will enjoy them, good luck!

ben
30-10-2011, 05:53 PM
ur first test? if u done badly u would of failed even if u drove well at the end

Chris
30-10-2011, 06:31 PM
*insert sarcasm here* ?

Hi guys, completed my first test. And i started of rather badly, then finished of excellently after i got the hang of it. That's all that matters.

Glad to hear it went relatively well. It was only your 1st lesson so you're expected to make mistakes. :)

ur first test? if u done badly u would of failed even if u drove well at the end

I think he meant lesson. :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!