PDA

View Full Version : When do you think is the best time to apply for College?

MKR&*42
11-11-2011, 07:51 PM
;3

Ok, so I'm in year 11 now and the teachers are getting us pretty hyped up and 'nudging' us to apply for college soon... we've had like 5000 talks on the future (that's not really a negative thing - glad to see our school is really supporting us ;D) but I'm still confused as to when to apply for college?

I looked on one of the colleges websites and they stop accepting applications in March but then I looked at another one, and they don't stop accepting 'till June BUT they recommended applying before February 17th (first come first served). Then ex-students from my school have said that they start urging you to apply in December/early January?

The college that I want to go to is the one that stops accepting apps in March but of course, I don't want to leave it that long xL but I'm not sure exactly when I should apply...

I was thinking about early December (just before the mock interviews... because, I'd absolutely fail in the College interview without a mock one)... does that seem like a reasonable time to apply?

xx

Accipiter
11-11-2011, 07:53 PM
Apply asap for whatever you want?

Or do what I did and slap 1 college application in on the last day of school and get accepted

chantellehugs
11-11-2011, 11:56 PM
Nothing to stop you from applying now, make a list of all the places you want to apply to and send off for applications :D

From my experience I'd wouldn't say college interviews were terribly difficult, as long as you're going to get the 5 A-C's or whatever it is at GCSE and are actually bothered you're bound to get in.

HotelUser
12-11-2011, 12:17 AM
[@]@Wazzervaldez[/@] you can apply here as late as March.

Personally though, I think the right time to apply is a month ago :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!