PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else a university student?

Frewbs
27-11-2011, 07:07 PM
Just wondering who else is and what they're studying? Or am I the only oldie!

I'm in my second year at the University of Gloucestershire studying Advertising. Going really well at the moment, just won work placements at Rapier and Saatchi & Saatchi :)

dirrty
27-11-2011, 07:17 PM
yup - 2nd yr. congrats with your placement & i can't believe i'm halfway through uni, srsly where has the time gone :'(

Red
27-11-2011, 07:18 PM
3rd yr history :-) congrats on your work placements x

Recursion
27-11-2011, 07:31 PM
First year Comp Sci :)

Frewbs
27-11-2011, 07:36 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one, I was starting to feel old! God will I miss the Summer holidays...

danzooo
27-11-2011, 08:19 PM
Congrats on the placement! I'm a first year Business student at Queen Margaret University in Edinburgh.

hiyahon
27-11-2011, 08:39 PM
first year international business and modern languages x

scottish
27-11-2011, 08:45 PM
3rd yr comp sci

Zak
28-11-2011, 01:15 AM
last year comp science. **** java !

Mr.OSH
28-11-2011, 02:44 AM
First year doing Medicine =)

Metric1
28-11-2011, 06:50 AM
2nd year accounting major w/ minor in econ!

Robi
28-11-2011, 05:08 PM
Looking to apply next year! Looking to go either Northampton, Derby or Lancashire. Anyone been/go there? :)

Mathew
28-11-2011, 05:11 PM
I've applied to study English Language at Leeds, Newcastle, Lancaster, Birmingham and Sussex for 2012 entry! :) I've received offers from everywhere except Leeds so far! :)

Honestly can't wait!! :P

Robi
28-11-2011, 05:20 PM
I've applied to study English Language at Leeds, Newcastle, Lancaster, Birmingham and Sussex for 2012 entry! :) I've received offers from everywhere except Leeds so far! :)

Honestly can't wait!! :P

Everyone has applied and my tutor wont let me because I haven't handed in his recent assignment therefore he wont go through my personal statement final submission with me :( Need to hand that stupid assignment in.

Mathew
28-11-2011, 05:24 PM
Everyone has applied and my tutor wont let me because I haven't handed in his recent assignment therefore he wont go through my personal statement final submission with me :( Need to hand that stupid assignment in.

oooo bit harsh lol! Get it done quick then! ;) I was one of the first to get it sent so I could give exams my full attention! :P

Robi
28-11-2011, 05:27 PM
oooo bit harsh lol! Get it done quick then! ;) I was one of the first to get it sent so I could give exams my full attention! :P

Ah lucky! I know, i'm too lazy :p Have you been to any open days? Also I take it Leed's is your firm choice?

Inseriousity.
28-11-2011, 05:29 PM
Im theology + education studies 2nd year. :D

Mathew
28-11-2011, 05:31 PM
Ah lucky! I know, i'm too lazy :p Have you been to any open days? Also I take it Leed's is your firm choice?
I've been to the Leeds and Newcastle open days and I'm booking a place on a Lancaster open day in February. I really don't know which to put as my firm; Leeds, Newcastle and Lancaster are equally appealing! :P

Robi
28-11-2011, 05:32 PM
I've been to the Leeds and Newcastle open days and I'm booking a place on a Lancaster open day in February. I really don't know which to put as my firm; Leeds, Newcastle and Lancaster are equally appealing! :P

Thats the same with me! All these nice university's and I just can't get my head around where to put as my firm! I've only been to Northampton, I liked everything minus the accomdation was very basic for £98 a week ensuite.. Think i'm going to look at Lancashire!

Mathew
28-11-2011, 05:41 PM
Thats the same with me! All these nice university's and I just can't get my head around where to put as my firm! I've only been to Northampton, I liked everything minus the accomdation was very basic for £98 a week ensuite.. Think i'm going to look at Lancashire!
Oh nice. I went to look around Leeds and found some decent accommodation... but then I went up to Newcastle and found some which was amazing. I thought that had swayed the decision... but then my Mum encouraged me to go look around Leeds again in search of better - and then we found some which was perfect there too! I'm glad there's a while before we have to decide yet, because there's still Lancaster and possibly Sussex to throw into the mix!

Robi
28-11-2011, 05:59 PM
Oh nice. I went to look around Leeds and found some decent accommodation... but then I went up to Newcastle and found some which was amazing. I thought that had swayed the decision... but then my Mum encouraged me to go look around Leeds again in search of better - and then we found some which was perfect there too! I'm glad there's a while before we have to decide yet, because there's still Lancaster and possibly Sussex to throw into the mix!

All these decisions to make, most of my friends aren't bothering to go to any open days - think long term, your going to be living there for 3 years effectively! Better make the right choice by doing your homework! :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!