PDA

View Full Version : Should i Apply at ikea?

-Pants!
06-12-2011, 09:54 PM
Do you need a good degree to work at Ikea?

I dropped out of college few months ago and i was studying IT at that time, i was wondering if i apply for the IT department at Ikea do you think i will have a chance of working there?

I just want to see your advices about this.

Thanks
Kale

dirrty
06-12-2011, 10:16 PM
would be better to see what qualifications/skills they require opposed to asking this forum but hey...

twinart
07-12-2011, 12:18 AM
If you think that you can work there and you like it, why not?

Jordy
07-12-2011, 06:42 PM
Absolutely not. First of all you've not done any research on the company, if you do a search for IT jobs at Ikea you can see there's only two and they're in the Netherlands and Germany. Bare in mind they're a Swedish company based all over the world, just because they have stores in the UK doesn't mean much of the technical side is based in the UK, after all it's work that can easily be done offshore.

Second of all they're the world's largest furniture company, do you really think they're going to hire some college drop-out when they could be going for experienced IT technicians with degrees?

You really haven't anything going for you in the world of IT sorry, this isn't the answer you're looking for but it's about time you faced the truth. Without some qualifications and decent experience you're going absolutely no where with IT, and certainly not with a very large international firm like Ikea.

MrMonkeyDeamon
08-12-2011, 09:13 AM
why not get the job. Then you can look for more jobs. and see how it go's worst they can say is no.

:odey:
08-12-2011, 04:49 PM
I think you have to apply for everywhere that could possibly relate to what you want to do in the future,

Any job is a job imo, and I think if it's going, you should definitely apply, and see where it goes from there!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!