PDA

View Full Version : Flying

Kylee
14-12-2011, 10:50 PM
Some people absolutely hate flying..
others absolutely love it...

How'd you feel about flying?

I'm absolutely obsessed with flying. It's like my favorite thing!

Jordan
14-12-2011, 10:51 PM
I've always been fascinated with flying. But when I first went on a plane I cried and was so scared. But it's really enjoyable now that I'm use to it.

Kylee
14-12-2011, 10:57 PM
I still like get really jumpy at first but after like the first few minutes i'm fine :D

Think I cried my first time aswell tbf!

Neversoft
14-12-2011, 11:10 PM
I don't mind flying, but my ears popped like crazy the first time I went on a plane. I also find it really awkward going to the toilet, so I hold it in and torture myself.

Stephen
14-12-2011, 11:15 PM
i dont think i was ever scared of flying. First time I went on a plane I looked out the window and asked my mum if we were flying through the north pole cos of the clouds

Chris
14-12-2011, 11:37 PM
I love flying, it doesn't bother me at all!

FlyingJesus
15-12-2011, 01:59 AM
Mid-flight I just kinda get bored for the most part (except when I flew to Egypt and we were going across stretch after stretch of desert, that was beautiful and fascinating) but I love take-off and landing, especially take-off at night. Just kinda has a magical feel to it and I get a surge of pride in humanity for having developed such a procedure.

xxMATTGxx
15-12-2011, 07:06 AM
I love flying, have no problems with it what so ever. I would say I was a bit scared on the first ever plane I went on but after that I love it.

geo
15-12-2011, 07:21 AM
I worry myself before I'm on the plane but whilst on the plane I'm fine. I always sit near the window which is lovely seeing all the beautiful scenes and stuff. :P

GirlNextDoor15
15-12-2011, 07:27 AM
I love flying , it's really fun!!

Eric
15-12-2011, 07:30 AM
When i'm on the plane i keep thinking about those crazy plane crashes that i've watched on tv and i remember the first time when i'm on a plane, i got sick and puke.

But i still love flying:P

Matthew
15-12-2011, 09:57 AM
I love flying :)

I'm learning to fly with my schools RAF at the moment, and last time I flew (which was about a month ago) I was taught how to control acrobatics such as barrel rolls etc

Really cool how we went into 3G and negative G aswell :D

Misawa
15-12-2011, 11:22 AM
I can't stand flying. I can't look out the window unless it's a night flight. And yet I've been on four planes in the last month due to work.

Hollie
15-12-2011, 11:34 AM
I quite like it, I loved it the first time I went on a plane but that was probably cause of how excited I was about it. I don't really like taking off but I love landing :D

cocaine
15-12-2011, 12:56 PM
used to be horrendously scared. now i guess i'm alright with it. still a bit jumpy though

The Don
15-12-2011, 02:54 PM
I don't mind flying, but my ears popped like crazy the first time I went on a plane. I also find it really awkward going to the toilet, so I hold it in and torture myself.

Oh dear, you don't want to hear the story about my trip to the toilet on a plane when I was 10 haha.

I'm not fussed over flying; I neither love it nor hate it, pretty indifferent towards it.

Neversoft
15-12-2011, 03:10 PM
Oh dear, you don't want to hear the story about my trip to the toilet on a plane when I was 10 haha.

I'm not fussed over flying; I neither love it nor hate it, pretty indifferent towards it.

No, please. I do want to hear it. I like stories involving toilet misfortunes. They're my favourite.

J0SH
15-12-2011, 03:40 PM
Love it, if you've got good movies to watch or a book to read or good seats and you can actually sleep it's enjoyable.

I went Thailand 4 times this year, 12 hours each way. Only two planes (both going) had on screen entertainment where I could watch movies so the rest of the flights I was playing games on my phone or sleeping.

Technologic
15-12-2011, 04:04 PM
I love flying generally... but a 12.5 hour flight without any personal tvs does your head in after a while.....

The Don
18-12-2011, 08:44 PM
No, please. I do want to hear it. I like stories involving toilet misfortunes. They're my favourite.
Well I didn't go to the toilet before we left (I was 11 at the time) nor in the airport, when we were on the plane I suddenly needed a number 2 desperately, and me having no common sense, decided to go to the toilet rather than wait it out. It was a long one, with a queue forming down the aisle with the air hostess eventually opening the door herself just as I was washing my hands. It was a walk of shame back to my seat.

Zuth
18-12-2011, 08:55 PM
I have no problem with flying, been doing it since I was like a few months old so it really dont bother me at all.

Futz
19-12-2011, 12:23 AM
I actually really like it, when I went to America the flight was 10 hours long and I loved every second of it!

Ekelektra
19-12-2011, 12:37 AM
When I was little I had a couple of bad flying experiences so whenever I go on a plane I always cry and get weird looks from everyone else on the plane, even visiting airportsmakes me nervous. I also get motion sick so I get upset going on planes coz I know I'm going to be sick. I haven't been on any long overseas flights but next year I am going on a 20 hour one and I'm already nervous hahaha. I guess another reason I hate flying is because I love watching those shows about aeroplane crashes :P

Oleh
19-12-2011, 12:56 AM
I'm not bothered, just a bit annoying when you get turbulence and it starts shaking, I'm like "Oh for god sake pilot steady it out man!" Then when I'm sat in the chair infront of the one which a stewardess sits on and some old bloke starts harping on asking her if shes ever been scared of falling out of the sky. bleh!

sophiethenerd
20-12-2011, 10:15 PM
I flew for the first time last year. I was so scared when I got on the plane and then when we took of I loved it! I actually enjoy turbulence. It makes the flight more interesting :P I like taking off and landing but the middle bit can be boring.

Its because I am hooked that I wanted to go on another school trip this year :P

=Lizzy
20-12-2011, 10:35 PM
i love flying! even when its 24 hours on a plane :D

buttons
21-12-2011, 11:24 AM
I worry myself before I'm on the plane but whilst on the plane I'm fine. I always sit near the window which is lovely seeing all the beautiful scenes and stuff. :P
lol i'm the complete opposite, i don't give it a thought then as soon as it lifts off i panic. it's more the fact that i'm stuck on the plane now with no way out till it's over. oh the first time i went on a plane was an 11 hour flight to florida when i was 8 and the girl next to me puked on my seat :'( i am still scarred for life considering my emetophobia was starting about then. i hate all sort of travel for that exact reason but i'm not really bothered now that the phobia has lessened.

MizzBex
21-12-2011, 11:31 PM
I love flying, but don't do it much anymore :( I really like going on long flights and watching a load of films :P

FiftyCal
29-12-2011, 02:57 PM
Never been on a plane in my life, but i want to though.

Grig
01-01-2012, 06:17 PM
I'm so used to it by now and fly so often that it's like taking a car- I'm quite indifferent to it. But I dislike long haul flights quite a bit, the effects such a jetlag and restlessness you get from flying for well over 13/14 hours is annoying.

ibuprofen
01-01-2012, 06:22 PM
i love flying, my girlfriends father has his own personal aircraft, a Piper Pacer, and I'm thinking about starting my ground school to become a recreational pilot to fly up in Nunavut and the Northwest Territories and stuff. i think it would be neat! i have flown many times, since i was born in england and then moved to canada (dual citizen, chye chye)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!