PDA

View Full Version : Will he get in trouble?

GoldenMerc
19-12-2011, 12:00 PM
Hi,

Well my mate lent his car to his girlfriend for the day, she didnt have insurance nor a licence, she went through a red light and my friend now has a letter saying you now have 3 points etc, now if he passes them onto his girlfriend will he get in trouble?
Ross

rld
19-12-2011, 12:06 PM
Im in Australia, but if its anything like our rules, he would get in trouble if he knew she had no license.
she would get in trouble deffinately.

The only way she can get out of it is him taking the points.

The only way he gets out of it is claiming he thought she had her license.

Also, why would insurance have anything to do with it? Insurance in australia only covers crashes.

Recursion
19-12-2011, 12:19 PM
Im in Australia, but if its anything like our rules, he would get in trouble if he knew she had no license.
she would get in trouble deffinately.

The only way she can get out of it is him taking the points.

The only way he gets out of it is claiming he thought she had her license.

Also, why would insurance have anything to do with it? Insurance in australia only covers crashes.

Bits in bold are true.

It's illegal to drive a car in the UK without insurance... and without a license, there's no way you can be insured.

Off topic: By "mate" I'll assume you mean yourself ;)

GoldenMerc
19-12-2011, 12:39 PM
Bits in bold are true.

It's illegal to drive a car in the UK without insurance... and without a license, there's no way you can be insured.

Off topic: By "mate" I'll assume you mean yourself ;)

Well sorta 8-)
Never the less, what so if i claim she had a licence il be fine?

rld
19-12-2011, 12:48 PM
claim you "THOUGHT" SHE HAD ONE

Recursion
19-12-2011, 12:55 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if you still got done for something (albeit less than before) even if you do tell them you thought she had one.

Scania
19-12-2011, 01:39 PM
I'll add my two cents here.

Claiming you thought she had a license is no good, you'll get in trouble for not checking and so will she, in fact she could face imprisonment for knowing she had no driving license or insurance.

The best thing to do is that you take the points. Also, being as polite as I can, it's people like you and your girlfriend or whatever that make us young drivers insurance sky high. Boils my piss.

Well sorta 8-)
Never the less, what so if i claim she had a licence il be fine?

No, you'll not be fine because she's not on your insurance policy to drive your vehicle, therefore you risk making your own policy void and then they have the power to prosecute you.

Also, how would you of felt if she had an accident and killed someone? Why doesn't anyone think of the children :rolleyes:

- Lorry Driver

J0SH
19-12-2011, 01:54 PM
Points don't last forever. Serves him and her right anyway. Moral of the story is don't lend your car out to someone unless they're insured and with a license. TROLOL.

Robbie
19-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Ask on www.pepipoo.com forums.

The Don
19-12-2011, 02:56 PM
Just take the points, a lot less hassle although I can't believe you'd let someone without a license nor insurance drive your car,anything could of happened, absolutely ridiculous.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!