PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a 2nd Car!

Duracell
28-12-2011, 10:22 PM
Title says it all really.. Looking for a nice looking and reliable car as I want to get rid of my KA(lol). Been looking at Mk4 Golf but can't really find any nice ones..

What would you guys recommend? :)

danzooo
29-12-2011, 12:55 AM
All depends what you're looking for really, good mpg? looks? performance? cheap to run?

tdi
29-12-2011, 01:14 AM
Some credentials wouldn't go a miss.

Duracell
29-12-2011, 07:35 PM
All depends what you're looking for really, good mpg? looks? performance? cheap to run?

Don't mind about the performance really, would definitely like something that I could gradually add to in terms of looks that won't look terrible.. relatively cheap to run as well would be good, but I'm not the worst driver!

Some credentials wouldn't go a miss.

Sorry, was in rush. By the time I get the car I should have a years no claims, looking to spend up to £4,000(give or take) depending on how well restrained I can be with my money. not against any cars really but i'd love to replace my KA with a much better looking car :)

FiftyCal
29-12-2011, 08:47 PM
do you want an old 80s tdi golf? ;)

danzooo
30-12-2011, 12:49 AM
Even with a year's no claims insurance can still be a bit crippling so don't go looking at Civic Type R's just yet... What about something like a Fiesta Zetec S, or a Seat Ibiza FR?

Duracell
30-12-2011, 11:51 PM
do you want an old 80s tdi golf? ;)

Maybe a bit more new :P

Even with a year's no claims insurance can still be a bit crippling so don't go looking at Civic Type R's just yet... What about something like a Fiesta Zetec S, or a Seat Ibiza FR?

True, and I definitely know that's out of my reach for now! And i'm paying £2.2k a year for my insurance already.. :/

danzooo
31-12-2011, 01:02 AM
To be perfectly honest with you mate, if you're paying out the arse for the car you have just now then there is absolutely no point in changing it just now... unless you're looking at cars with smaller engines and less power (which would just be stupid). If I were you, I'd keep the ka for a wee while longer until you have some more NCB under your belt, then you can revisit the 2nd car idea!

FiftyCal
31-12-2011, 07:19 PM
To be perfectly honest with you mate, if you're paying out the arse for the car you have just now then there is absolutely no point in changing it just now... unless you're looking at cars with smaller engines and less power (which would just be stupid). If I were you, I'd keep the ka for a wee while longer until you have some more NCB under your belt, then you can revisit the 2nd car idea! Why would finding a car with a smaller engine and less power be stupid?

Cerys
01-01-2012, 01:31 AM
My family have had a Ford Mondeo all my life, they're really reliable imo
I prefer the modern ones, they're better looking :3

danzooo
01-01-2012, 11:39 PM
Why would finding a car with a smaller engine and less power be stupid?

Because judging by his first post, he's getting rid of a Ka, and looking at cars like Mk4 Golfs obviously meaning he's looking for something quicker... so why would he now go and buy a 1.1 litre Kia Picanto?

FiftyCal
02-01-2012, 01:55 AM
Because judging by his first post, he's getting rid of a Ka, and looking at cars like Mk4 Golfs obviously meaning he's looking for something quicker... so why would he now go and buy a 1.1 litre Kia Picanto? Where did he say he's now looking at a Kia Picanto?

danzooo
02-01-2012, 02:13 PM
Where did he say he's now looking at a Kia Picanto?

It's an example of a car with a smaller engine and less power than a Ka? Do you seriously not understand the point I'm making?

FiftyCal
02-01-2012, 03:25 PM
It's an example of a car with a smaller engine and less power than a Ka? Do you seriously not understand the point I'm making? You made it sound like he was going out to go buy one, didn't think you meant it in this way. And if i read right, he's probably wanting something reliable and doesn't care about performance so much and kind of want the looks. Also Cheap insurance is a plus too

Duracell
04-01-2012, 12:17 AM
You made it sound like he was going out to go buy one, didn't think you meant it in this way. And if i read right, he's probably wanting something reliable and doesn't care about performance so much and kind of want the looks. Also Cheap insurance is a plus too

^Pretty much, the KA isn't exactly a car that I'd like to turn up in on a date or something like that haha!

To be perfectly honest with you mate, if you're paying out the arse for the car you have just now then there is absolutely no point in changing it just now... unless you're looking at cars with smaller engines and less power (which would just be stupid). If I were you, I'd keep the ka for a wee while longer until you have some more NCB under your belt, then you can revisit the 2nd car idea!

Pretty much what FiftyCal said, looking for something that's better looking, i'd settle for the same engine size if I could tbh. But golf's are reliable (so I've heard) and they don't look horrible depending on what's added to them :)

J0SH
28-01-2012, 12:55 AM
BMW E46 Coupe
Smart fortwo?
Ford Focus Zetec

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!