PDA

View Full Version : Joined or Un-joined handwriting?

MKR&*42
16-01-2012, 06:02 PM
Hai x

I'm debating whether to continue using my writing style of joined up writing, or whether to start doing it un-joined more often.

Basically, they're both not perfect at all - they're easily readable but not that neat D:

I need to know this;

1) Do you prefer Joined-up or Un-joined handwriting
2) Are "teachers" more likely to favour Joined-up handwriting over Un-joined or vice versa.
3) Does Un-joined look "un-educated" in your eyes? (It doesn't that much to me unless the spaces inbetween letters are huge D:)

Any reply will do x

Chris
16-01-2012, 06:06 PM
I prefer to write in unjoined hand writing because its easier when taking notes.

2) Are "teachers" more likely to favour Joined-up handwriting over Un-joined or vice versa.
Not really, I dont think it ever mattered to any of my teachers.

3) Does Un-joined look "un-educated" in your eyes? (It doesn't that much to me unless the spaces inbetween letters are huge D
Not in my opinion.

dirrty
16-01-2012, 06:07 PM
aw joined up handwriting reminds me the days of primary school and that when your handwriting was neat(ish) and cursive, we were allowed to use a pen to write with. took me forever to start using a pen :(

1. prefer unjoined handwriting
2. teachers don't give a ****. aslong as they can read it, that's literally all that matters
3. once again it doesn't matter. aslong as it's legible (and if it's rly neat then pow, a bonus!) then that's the main thing. you'll find quite a lot of people don't use cursive handwriting anymore - and that doesn't mean that they're uneducated. it's not a style for everyone...

buttons
16-01-2012, 06:09 PM
i do joined because it's quicker and i'm lazy but it looks prettier
idk im not a teacher
3) Does Un-joined look "un-educated" in your eyes?
no some unjoined is nice some is't, some joined is nice some isn't

beth
16-01-2012, 06:12 PM
I would answer yr questions in order but this mobile skin is **** so:

I write joined up naturally (as in if I was writing a note or whatever id use that) but if I'm doing anything official I don't join my letters because I think when it's unjoined it's usually clearer and easier to read.

I love my cursive though, practised so hard at primary school cause my handwriting was a mess til like year 5 and then it got so much better aw.

Mathew
16-01-2012, 06:14 PM
I don't care.

They don't care.

No, it's what you write that matters.

I think the days are gone where people worry over their handwriting. We were constantly told in Primary School that we should always write in a certain way, making it neat, making finger-spaces, etc. The bottom line is that you're told those things when you're being taught how to write in the first place. Once you can read and write, it's perfectly fine. I remember I wasn't allowed to use a pen in Primary School because my handwriting was untidy, and then I was given an excercise book in Year 6 where I had to practice writing out letters, again and again.

I'm now in Year 13 and my teachers tell me that they struggle to read my writing at times. It starts off perfectly fine, but then as it gets towards the end of an essay and there's a time limit, I tend to cram as much information in as possible and it's the presentation that goes downhill.

I took a photograph of some of my English Language work last year when we were discussing how language is used through electronic modes. :)

http://i.imgur.com/11RaI.jpg

Matthew
16-01-2012, 06:37 PM
I sorta join up some letters and not others. Its just how I write I guess! I like how my writing looks and all my teachers say that its some of the neatest writing they see, so meh

As long as they can read it, thats all that matters IMO

Shar
16-01-2012, 10:08 PM
Don't really care

It varies for each individual doesn't it?

No, as long as one can read it it doesn't really make a difference.

Neversoft
16-01-2012, 11:00 PM
1) Un-joined.
2) Don't know.
3) No.

My handwriting is all joined but I hate it. I wish I could kick the habit and start doing un-joined, it looks sooo much better. :(

Jordan
16-01-2012, 11:10 PM
1) Preferred it joined up :)
2) When in primary school they really wanted us to get into joining our words up
3) Not really no

Chippiewill
16-01-2012, 11:15 PM
As long as it's legible it doesn't matter what you do, it's what you write which is important.

Alex3213
21-01-2012, 09:56 PM
Mine is mainly unjoined. Sometimes a couple of my letters (normally an a and a consonant) join together though! Also providing it's readable and legible, I'm sure it doesn't matter how you write. :D

Martin
21-01-2012, 10:00 PM
I was always taught (as most people are) to join it all up and stuff in primary school and stuff but then I found I never really carried on doing it. I never join writing up anymore, it might look nicer I guess but I just see no point really haha.

Red
21-01-2012, 10:12 PM
We had to use joint from primary 4 (p3 in england) up until the end of primary school. When I went tosecondarythere was a mix of writing styles and I just used print. Now I mainly write in print and use joint for my signature just.

dbgtz
21-01-2012, 11:40 PM
1) Doesn't bother me, but I join them up from habit.
2) Whatever is legible
3) Not really, I mean most computer documents use font which isn't made to join up so...

J0SH
22-01-2012, 01:03 AM
I type unjoined for speed

Succubus
22-01-2012, 02:13 AM
1) I prefer joined up
2) They hate us using un-joined.
3) Nope.

Eoin247
22-01-2012, 11:28 AM

Joined as it's faster.

I don't think they mind unless it's untidy, but mine have encouraged students to use joined as it's much quicker when writing in exams.

3) Does Un-joined look "un-educated" in your eyes? (It doesn't that much to me unless the spaces inbetween letters are huge D:)

Yes it does to me, but so does untidy joined writing to an extent.

geo
22-01-2012, 03:38 PM
1) I prefer joined up although, my hand writing varies (depends if i'm in a rush or not. :P)
2) I don't really think they care - as long as they can read it it should be fine.
3) No.

Hollie
22-01-2012, 04:27 PM
Un-joined

They don't really mind

No

In primary school they used to make us join up our letters and write our letters in a certain way and if we didn't then we'd get in trouble for it :S but I haven't written joined up since year 7 cause I think it looks neater when I don't join it up. I'd go for the one that looks the neatest :P

Amberr
25-01-2012, 05:57 PM
Un-joined and sometimes joined-up, i had a tendency to change my handwriting the longer i am writing for like essays for example
They don't care
3) Does Un-joined look "un-educated" in your eyes? (It doesn't that much to me unless the spaces inbetween letters are huge D
No not at all, it depends on your quality of writing.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!