PDA

View Full Version : What do you call them

GoldenMerc
22-01-2012, 07:12 PM
The people who play and test computer games as a job?
Ross

Neversoft
22-01-2012, 07:14 PM
Nerds.

Edited by Infectious (Forum Moderator): Please do not make pointless posts!

Chris
22-01-2012, 07:19 PM
Aren't they just called game testers?

brandon
22-01-2012, 07:20 PM
Aren't they just called game testers?
That's what I thought

LoveToStack
22-01-2012, 07:21 PM
Game testers or beta testers.

For future reference: Google search engine still exists.

dirrty
22-01-2012, 07:26 PM
games tester? lol

GoldenMerc
22-01-2012, 07:27 PM
Cheers guys !

Jordy
22-01-2012, 09:26 PM
Dreamers. There's no such thing, it's just a job which children think exist.

The developers are generally the ones to test them, there's market researchers who find out what people want and think, then of course there's beta testers which are just the general public or friend's of developers (They're certainly not doing it for a job) and then there's critics who just review them for journalistic value.

Robbie
22-01-2012, 09:30 PM
machinima directors lol

[@]@paulmacc[/@] [@]@jord[/@]

Eoin247
22-01-2012, 09:36 PM

The developers are generally the ones to test them, there's market researchers who find out what people want and think, then of course there's beta testers which are just the general public or friend's of developers (They're certainly not doing it for a job) and then there's critics who just review them for journalistic value.

Actualy there are such people as professional video gamers. And these guys are sometimes paid to test and promote games. If you ever watch conferences where video games are shown off, they often invite these so called "pro video gamers" up to the stage to try out and comment on the game. Of course usualy it's for advertising benefits.

J0SH
22-01-2012, 09:47 PM
Game testers or beta testers.

For future reference: Google search engine still exists.

Post count is important though.

And what they said, games tester, beta tester etc

PaulMacC
23-01-2012, 12:31 PM
I play games, upload them to youtube and make quite a nice amount tbf.

geo
23-01-2012, 04:13 PM
I thought there was a job for people? My friend wanted to do this as he's amazing at games and loves them, aha. :P

Jonster
24-01-2012, 02:41 AM

Major firms have QA divisions which test the game to its full once it's in a "ready" state. The developers will never test the final product (unless it's a really small firm making a relatively small game). Usual entry level job for this is QA tester and is typically of interest to those that want to breakthrough into the industry. Salary wise I have no idea, but I'd put a guess on minimum wage with long hours.

Failing that, firms may pay online (and almost definitely offline) external testing companies such as Combat Testing to fully test the game (eg. server load tests, major bugs etc) and feed information back. Going down this route is voluntary work whereby after 2 - 3 years you may find yourself in a paid position, though the amount of work required to get to this stage is astronomical.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!